Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5354|London, England
Yeah, what course are you taking? Statics?

Last edited by Jay (2016-04-02 17:27:50)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6710|Purplicious Wisconsin

Jay wrote:

Yeah, what course are you taking? Statics?
Yep
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
What's the question? I took the class like 10 years ago but might be able to help
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6102|eXtreme to the maX
Basically you need to resolve back into 2d, you end up with three planes and resolve in each.

Just as coplanar forces are resolved into two directions and one moment, 3d forces are resolved into three directions and two moments, IIRC...
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
War Man

Jay wrote:

What's the question? I took the class like 10 years ago but might be able to help
http://www.scribd.com/doc/139537219/Sch … d-Dynamics

Problem 6.16 on pages 92-93(99-100 on the document). Easily figured out CD, but BC(which equals AC due to symmetry) I have no clue how to solve. Teacher said to use vectors as that would be simpler, but how do I apply vectors on this particular problem to solver for BC?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
BC is in tension from M (30 kg). Solve for the angles at C and it should make it easier.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Are you actually using Schaum's as your textbook instead of Hibbeler?
-Frederick Bastiat
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5784|Catherine Black
online poker tax evasion
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
War Man
Did all that before trying to solve the problem, still don't understand it but I'll try figuring it out later tonight. Thanks anyway.

Jay wrote:

Yes, teacher originally intended for us to rely on the book for studying, we could then ask questions during class hours and then afterwards take the mini-exam(yes weekly mini-exams). Then came the 2nd chapter of the book and students massively emailed him as they couldn't understand the chapter so he changed to giving out normal lectures and then the mini-exam. Last lecture, he didn't tell us anything of this current chapter because "it is similar to last chapter"... Hopefully students are bombarding him with questions, but I can't rely on that. I am slowly growing mentally insane this semester.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4964|Dundee, Scotland.
https://i.imgur.com/jXhyZaI.png

Last edited by Camm (2016-04-03 16:05:39)

for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

War Man wrote:

Did all that before trying to solve the problem, still don't understand it but I'll try figuring it out later tonight. Thanks anyway.

Jay wrote:

Yes, teacher originally intended for us to rely on the book for studying, we could then ask questions during class hours and then afterwards take the mini-exam(yes weekly mini-exams). Then came the 2nd chapter of the book and students massively emailed him as they couldn't understand the chapter so he changed to giving out normal lectures and then the mini-exam. Last lecture, he didn't tell us anything of this current chapter because "it is similar to last chapter"... Hopefully students are bombarding him with questions, but I can't rely on that. I am slowly growing mentally insane this semester.
Statics was my least favorite class. Power through it, it gets better when you get into thermo and fluids (if your profs don't suck).
-Frederick Bastiat
MajorSpittle
+7|3087|Oregun
I was coughing when my brother spouted the punchline of a joke so I started laughing while coughing which made be start to shit myself.  I was able to pucker while rushing to the B-room but I was still nervous about what I might find while dropping my shorts.

For some reason that experience reminds me of this web site in general.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3956|SL,UT

MajorSpittle wrote:

I was coughing when my brother spouted the punchline of a joke so I started laughing while coughing which made be start to shit myself.  I was able to pucker while rushing to the B-room but I was still nervous about what I might find while dropping my shorts.

For some reason that experience reminds me of this web site in general.
what, that you like shitty jokes and your sphincter's so loose that that you can't trust a fart? And like the dog you are, you have to come back again to eat the shit?

i think you need to replace the p in your username with an h, or grow up and get over the defecation issues.

or at least wear a diaper . . .
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3716
I see that MajorSpittle was banned by Newbie. Will the mod abuse ever stop here?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6102|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

War Man wrote:

Jay wrote:

Statics was my least favorite class. Power through it, it gets better when you get into thermo and fluids (if your profs don't suck).
I liked statics, mechanics, stress because I found them intuitive and relatively easy.

For 2nd year fluids we had a Swedish guy, the material was hard enough without struggling to catch the actual words.
That year we could drop 2/10 classes, but still had to attend the first 15 minutes of the exam for some reason. After 15 minutes about 1/3rd of the class walked, I think the guy was in tears.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

War Man wrote:

I liked statics, mechanics, stress because I found them intuitive and relatively easy.

For 2nd year fluids we had a Swedish guy, the material was hard enough without struggling to catch the actual words.
That year we could drop 2/10 classes, but still had to attend the first 15 minutes of the exam for some reason. After 15 minutes about 1/3rd of the class walked, I think the guy was in tears.
I guess it depends on your professor. I had an off the boat Korean for statics and I learned almost nothing. Had a really good professor for dynamics though.
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

Whenever someone says "mod abuse," my brain always puts the two words together like it does with "animal abuse" and "child abuse." Won't someone think of the poor mods?
War Man
"mod abusers", happy? Anyway, seriously, stop banning(androoz can be an exception if that'll make you feel better) and just allow them in. Let them spout whatever political views they have because who honestly gives a fuck anymore?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

yes mom
War Man

Maybe I will watch this, was originally not interested.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Mark Hamill's facial expression, lol
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

So this is episode 8?
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6287|Washington St.
Nope

Wikipedia wrote:

It will be the first Star Wars Anthology film, a stand-alone story set in the Star Wars universe, and will star...  Set shortly before the events of A New Hope, the story will center on a group of Rebel spies on a mission to steal the plans for the Galactic Empire's new weapon, the Death Star.
uziq
+492|3448
jesus christ this is like franchise inception.

original, sequels, prequels, reboots, anthology sub-plots.

fucking losers.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

Many Bothans died to bring you this franchise.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

uziq wrote:

jesus christ this is like franchise inception.

original, sequels, prequels, reboots, anthology sub-plots.

fucking losers.
yeah i think that may have played a part in the decision making process when Disney was pursuing the brand.  Just a hunch.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard