DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
I just had a moment of realization that modern coffee advertisements seem to re-use all the same adjectives cigarettes probably did, e.g. smooth, bold, refreshing, blended, rich
uziq
+492|3423
they appeal to the same vice and compulsion so it's no surprise they draw on the same lexicon.

plus addiction always clothes itself in the veneer of glamour or sophistication. it's the difference between dependency that is socially approved and the outré kinds associated with low-lives and outcasts.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

addiction always clothes itself in the veneer of glamour or sophistication
And then there are video games, which seem at large to be perceived as neither glamorous nor sophisticated.
uziq
+492|3423
say that to the esports crowds with their 'celebrities' and 'prestige'.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Indulge in a rich, bold, creamy, smooth, elegant game of CoD, you deserve it
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6713|London

Just got back from LA and jokes aside I think I'm going to move there

Pretty sure my employer will set me up with an L1-A visa but I'd have to work in NY for a year or so... isn't there some kind of white privilege I have to come steal ur jobs? Will Trump let me in?

Also what're some good US job sites? I'm looking on Monster but they don't list salaries for some reason
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England
Glassdoor, LinkedIn
Monster is good for spam
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6713|London

Cheers J
Do sites generally not show the salaries then?

I'm just trying to get a general idea of what I'd make in a similar role
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Go to the salaries tab on glassdoor
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Most job listings don't advertise a salary though, no
-Frederick Bastiat
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6713|London

hmm yeah

Not sure how much I trust the salaries tabs on sites like that as they usually pull keywords from all sorts of other jobs and skew the results, I like to see what an employer actually offers based on the job spec
...but if what it says it right then I'd earn a lot more and spend a lot less on cost of living!

#crushin it
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
welcome to america. bennisboy lived in jersey city (right across the river from manhattan) for awhile. he loved it but had visa issues.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
Too mexican?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6077|eXtreme to the maX

Dauntless wrote:

I'm just trying to get a general idea of what I'd make in a similar role
Whatever they tuck in your G-string.

Just like London.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Do people elsewhere walk up the left half of escalators or is that a NYC thing? So dumb
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ZsIJGFFC2u0/maxresdefault.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its a global thing, I thought everyone in NYC was too fat to walk.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
You save like 3 seconds
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
There are people who like to exercise. Can you believe it?

That and three seconds multiple times a day adds up to a lot over a lifetime.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Sure, if you could stack it end to end, but you can't. The 3 seconds you save is frivolous.
-Frederick Bastiat
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
id rather walk
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6652|Disaster Free Zone
You miss your train/bus by 3 seconds it then costs you a lot more and that can cause you to miss connections and you can literally lose days.

But more to the point, no I don't walk up the left side of the escalators, I walk up the right like civilised people.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

People who don't move to the right to let people move up are assholes. Right up there with people driving not passing and going slow in the fast lane.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6603|949

DrunkFace wrote:

You miss your train/bus by 3 seconds it then costs you a lot more and that can cause you to miss connections and you can literally lose days.

But more to the point, no I don't walk up the left side of the escalators, I walk up the right like civilised people.
i've been all over the world.  You stand on the right, walk up the left.  People that stand in the middle (or block the left with their stupid suitcase) are assholes, but I give them the benefit of the doubt that they don't understand queue and crowd etiquette.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6603|949

Dauntless wrote:

Just got back from LA and jokes aside I think I'm going to move there

Pretty sure my employer will set me up with an L1-A visa but I'd have to work in NY for a year or so... isn't there some kind of white privilege I have to come steal ur jobs? Will Trump let me in?

Also what're some good US job sites? I'm looking on Monster but they don't list salaries for some reason
you aren't going to find many job sites that list salaries.  Glassdoor is a good start for a general understanding of salaries, but it skews a tad bit high.  Monster isn't a bad place to look for jobs themselves.  You can try ladders.com

The best route is to have your company file for an L1 or H1, but with an L1 you can only stay a limited amount of time.  I think it's only 1-3 years, but i'm not sure.  H1 can put you on the path to citizenship in the best country in the world.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard