Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
Does manually crushing grapes with stinky feet increase or decrease the value? I suppose it could be sold as artisanal
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

artisanal lightbulbs are pretty cool
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
Feet are fine if you want to make a few dozen bottles. Wouldn't want to make 10,000 or 100,000 cases or more than way though.

Basket presses are the best way to get the juice from the grapes. No harsh phenolic acids from the stalks or seeds.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Columbia Crest Cabernet Sauvignon 2013

Not really a wine (or alcohol at all, never got very used to the taste) guy. The other night, I was dealing with a particularly painful rib muscle I'd pulled that afternoon. Using my limited knowledge, I popped open a gift bottle and let it aerate for awhile. Swallowed some aspirin and prepared to chase it down, with about 4 oz. The stuff was surprisingly pleasant and I was almost sad to finish the glass. Beats my recollection of blackberry Manischewitz. / would drink again.

On top of a cup of green tea some hours later, I can barely feel the pain and can probably get some sleep now.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
It is too bad opium tea is illegal for general pain relief.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

fwp: US drug laws which may or may not be consistent or make sense at all.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

uziq wrote:

lagavulin is my new jam. it has replaced wine. i am sorry. 2-3 years of drinking red on the regular has got me bored. i do fuck with a good châteauneuf-du-pape though.
scotch is good.  If you like smokey scotch's you should definitely give a good chance to laphroaig.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I bought two bottles of wine last night. There are ratings of different wines at the liquor store so I bought one that was rated 90 and a cheap yellow tail. Probably going to down them Saturday during Aldo-McGregor.
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

SuperJail Warden wrote:

It is too bad opium tea is illegal for general pain relief.
I'm cheering on Medical LSD myself
uziq
+492|3422

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

uziq wrote:

lagavulin is my new jam. it has replaced wine. i am sorry. 2-3 years of drinking red on the regular has got me bored. i do fuck with a good châteauneuf-du-pape though.
scotch is good.  If you like smokey scotch's you should definitely give a good chance to laphroaig.
i have laphroaig quite a lot. nowhere near as nice as lagavulin but pretty similar. islay scotch all tastes a little bit like mouthwash to me. but in a nice way.

Last edited by uziq (2015-12-09 12:28:22)

Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3930|SL,UT

fuck laphroig, posuiers. i'm getting a bottle of Oban after suffering every single other single malt, year after year and besides -

a good scotch is one thing, but you two douchebags are derailing a thread about wine.

unnecessary AWM from KENNINGS in 3 2 1  . . .
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Isn't there a whisky thread? If not, someone should start one. Not me, I'm a beginner. I do have a few bottles (Glen Moray 16yr, Glengoyne Cask Strength, Glenfiddich - all were given to me), but hardly a connoisseur by any stretch (as you can tell, lol). I'd just be interested in reading what you guys have to say.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
www.amazon.com/wine

What is the most expensive wine you can find for your birth year?

1990 Chateau Beausejour $971

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2016-02-25 23:27:21)

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
1991 Vogue Musigny $1737

There were only 7.  The vintage option doesn't even go earlier than 1990.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
only goes back to 1990
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

pirana6 wrote:

only goes back to 1990
This.

A quick Google search tells me that there is French vine from 1981 that goes for $11,000.
Ridiculously overpriced moldy grape juice.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
If only I was born a year later and then I could say my wine is Chateau Petrus 1982.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard