Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6466|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Walking dead is finally starting to be a proper show.

Under the dome keeps getting dumber by the episode. Stephen King should retire. I have no clue why I'm watching it.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6730|Oxferd Ohire
I like top gear
havent seen walking dead since season 1
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5351|London, England
I watched the pilot and said I've already seen the movie
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Ultrafunkula

The Man in the High Castle

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1740299/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Good show.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Good show.
I started watching it, but it was opening up at a pace that almost put me to sleep. Still hear good things about it and should give it another shot.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Good show.
I started watching it, but it was opening up at a pace that almost put me to sleep. Still hear good things about it and should give it another shot.
The book was super slow
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Ultrafunkula

Jay wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Good show.
The book was super slow
Sounds about normal Philip K. Dick right there. I've read 3 or 4 of his books. At times I don't know if the writing is near genius or just weird and/or stupid. The ideas are bizarre and interesting, but... ah, I dunno. Maybe I should read them again.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Sounds about right. I always feel like I'm just sliding past the brilliant point he's trying to make, like it's just out of reach. After three books I'm convinced that this is why he's hyped, the hidden meanings that must be there just beneath the surface that allow it all to make sense. I think he was just stoned a lot.

I've read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, Martian Time-Slip and The Man in the High Castle

Last edited by Jay (2016-02-12 05:00:16)

-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3445
PKD was a massive speed addict and suffered psychoses as a result of it. pretty interesting guy. a lot of his output is pure schlock, though.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
The movies made from PKD writings have been A+. It is the same way with the guy who wrote Fight Club, Chuck Palahniuk. Fight club good movie, bad book.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX
X-Files - Its quite fun, and mockingly self-referential.

Still working my way through the original series on DVD.....
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6647

Been watching Baskets. So fucking good. Louie Anderson is amazing, but the rest are all still so good too.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6647

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6730|Oxferd Ohire
Transparent wasn't very good so I'm rewatching Arrested Development.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Haven't seen X-Files, Baskets, Sunny in Philly, Transparent, or Arrested Development. I remember watching Cheers at one point.

/10
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6647

Up until this "season", I hadn't been watching any TV aside from a quick binge on Better Caul Sall Season 1. Suddenly I'm now following

1. Workaholics (~6 with rare 8s, steadily dropping over the years but entertaining enough for me to keep up with I guess)
2. Man Seeking Woman (the main character is an idiotic douche most of the time but it's still entertaining enough for me to watch I guess?)
3. Always Sunny (still loving it, their sociopathy continues to grow)
4. People v. O.J. (loving most of it, Travolta and Schwimmer are bad actors but what do I know, old enough to remember seeing the trial on TV and car chase, but too young to even care, was all boring lawyertalk, now I'm interested in seeing what I missed)
5. Baskets (again, really really good, Louie Anderson steals it, highly recommended, especially if you like Louie)
6. Portlandia (still strong, one of my favorites)

And there's your Sunday morning TV wrapup. Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6702|England. Stoke

mtb0minime wrote:

4. People v. O.J. (loving most of it, Travolta and Schwimmer are bad actors but what do I know, old enough to remember seeing the trial on TV and car chase, but too young to even care, was all boring lawyertalk, now I'm interested in seeing what I missed)
Yeah enjoyed the first 2 episodes so far. Only thing that's annoyed me has been the little side references to bloody Kim Kardashian...
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6702|England. Stoke
Which is highlighted/I hope parodied at the start of the 3rd episode.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

OJ almost committed suicide in Kim's room!

I lived through the trial, and being from SoCal can remember where i was during the infamous car chase (at home plopped in front of the TV) and when the verdict was read (leaving science class in 9th grade- I specifically remember exactly where I was, and recall students cheering out).  I have no desire to watch it played out in dramatic TV form, but I can understand why younger people are drawn to a reenactment.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6283|Washington St.
Watched 10.9 seasons of MASH but have been putting off watching the finale. It's basically a movie that I never find the time to sit down and watch.

9/10 for the show though. It ran about a season or two too long. Was still fine, just dragged on. The ideas they were coming up with for episode plots was wearing thin - as do most shows that run that long.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6702|England. Stoke

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

OJ almost committed suicide in Kim's room!

I lived through the trial, and being from SoCal can remember where i was during the infamous car chase (at home plopped in front of the TV) and when the verdict was read (leaving science class in 9th grade- I specifically remember exactly where I was, and recall students cheering out).  I have no desire to watch it played out in dramatic TV form, but I can understand why younger people are drawn to a reenactment.
I was 12 or 13 at the time, can remember watching bits of the trial etc. the series is pretty good as it clarifying a lot of stuff I didn't understand or missed at the time.
It's a lot better than I though it was going to be tbh.

Last edited by coke (2016-02-29 23:27:37)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

pirana6 wrote:

Watched 10.9 seasons of MASH but have been putting off watching the finale. It's basically a movie that I never find the time to sit down and watch.

9/10 for the show though. It ran about a season or two too long. Was still fine, just dragged on. The ideas they were coming up with for episode plots was wearing thin - as do most shows that run that long.
MASH was a great show.  If you're into that kind of stuff, check out Black Sheep Squadron.  Not sure if you can find it online (not on Prime), but it's a great show about WW2 pilots in the Pacific Theatre.  Reminds me a lot of MASH
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6647

Ugh, the Kardashian thing. I was only 8 at the time, so far less memories. I do remember the reading of the verdict being a big deal, but no concrete memories. Wasn't this also one of the first majorly publicized trials, like cameras on the entire time kind of thing? Oh how far we've come.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

yeah, then the michael jackson trial.  Lance Ito was big on technology so he was one of the advocates of getting the live-feed of the whole thing, if I recall correctly.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6702|England. Stoke
Yeah they even showed it live here in the UK, having a live tv feed of a murder trial was and is fucking mental...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard