unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Isn't the ACLU already doing that?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Cybargs wrote:

Jay wrote:

The no-fly list is arbitrary and illegal. There's no due process and it's almost impossible to have your name removed, even if innocent. It violates that whole innocent until proven guilty in a court of law thing.
go challenge it in court then.
It's already being successfully challenged by the ACLU. Why do you post?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
There are only 6500 people on the no fly list. There should be open criteria for being placed on the list as well as the ability to dispute inclusion. The list did prevent the Times square bomber from leaving the country. And family, friends, and people communicating with terrorists do have a higher probability of pulling off attacks or joining militant groups.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Jay wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Jay wrote:

The no-fly list is arbitrary and illegal. There's no due process and it's almost impossible to have your name removed, even if innocent. It violates that whole innocent until proven guilty in a court of law thing.
go challenge it in court then.
It's already being successfully challenged by the ACLU. Why do you post?
i don't know american shit, at least you provided me with something. wait on the ACLU ruling and we'll see.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
MajorSpittle
+7|3061|Oregun
I think murder should be out lawed.  All forms and just not the type with guns.

This will solve mass shootings better then outlawing just certain guns or  certain people from having guns.

Drugs should be outlawed also, to solve the drug problem.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
Why make laws at all? Someone's just gonna break 'em.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3929|SL,UT

DesertFox- wrote:

i am all for taking the warning labels offa everything. fuck warning labels.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
The Mayor of Egg Harbor Township, Sonny McCullough, is calling on the New Jersey legislature to loosen gun law restrictions and allow citizens to carry concealed handguns. He’s hoping New Jersey will consider and adopt a law similar to what is on the books in Pennsylvania.

McCullough, talking to Rich Zeoli on Talk Radio 1210 WPHT, says the recent shootings in San Bernardino, CA proved to him that more people should be allowed to carry firearms.

“This world is not a safe place. All we have to do is look around our own country to see what’s going on. I was a former Senator and I tell you if I was still in the Senate, I would repeal the law that says you can’t carry. An honest, good citizen should have the ability to protect themselves and be able to have a concealed carry as there is in about 19 other states.”

He insists that New Jersey’s current gun laws put more citizens at risk.
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2015/1 … d-weapons/
NJ''s gun ownership rate is 12%. Second lowest of all states rate behind Hawaii's 6%. We haven't had a genuine mass shooting since 1949. Our gun murder rate is 2.8. The national average is 3.59. The state with the least guns laws that we border is PA which has a rate of 3.6. Gun control seems to be working to an acceptable degree.

Why do gun rights activist want to change the way we live and force permissive guns onto us? Why can't they accept that we like the system we have here and don't want to change it because 12% of the population is paranoid?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The Mayor of Egg Harbor Township, Sonny McCullough, is calling on the New Jersey legislature to loosen gun law restrictions and allow citizens to carry concealed handguns. He’s hoping New Jersey will consider and adopt a law similar to what is on the books in Pennsylvania.

McCullough, talking to Rich Zeoli on Talk Radio 1210 WPHT, says the recent shootings in San Bernardino, CA proved to him that more people should be allowed to carry firearms.

“This world is not a safe place. All we have to do is look around our own country to see what’s going on. I was a former Senator and I tell you if I was still in the Senate, I would repeal the law that says you can’t carry. An honest, good citizen should have the ability to protect themselves and be able to have a concealed carry as there is in about 19 other states.”

He insists that New Jersey’s current gun laws put more citizens at risk.
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2015/1 … d-weapons/
NJ''s gun ownership rate is 12%. Second lowest of all states rate behind Hawaii's 6%. We haven't had a genuine mass shooting since 1949. Our gun murder rate is 2.8. The national average is 3.59. The state with the least guns laws that we border is PA which has a rate of 3.6. Gun control seems to be working to an acceptable degree.

Why do gun rights activist want to change the way we live and force permissive guns onto us? Why can't they accept that we like the system we have here and don't want to change it because 12% of the population is paranoid?
the only way to be more safe is to have more guns. can't you read
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

Sure, its a wholly stupid system - I just find it hilarious the NRA is campaigning for the right of suspected terrorists to buy guns.

Peoples right to own guns is apparently more important than protecting America from terrorists. I guess this is what happens when you live in back-to-front world.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

DesertFox- wrote:

Exactly, when we could all live in a Libertarian paradise.

https://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2015-05/12/21/enhanced/webdr09/enhanced-32740-1431481013-1.png

It would be so cool, no-one telling you what guns you can have, how fast you can drive, to keep your dog on a lead etc etc.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
So, those executive actions, eh? All fairly reasonable things you would want, it seems, right?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Crazy people, criminals and suspected terrorists shouldn't be able to buy guns.

I don't know, I don't see how that fits with freedom, and what if the British invade? America will need all the crazies, criminals and terrorists armed to the teeth - like last time.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone
It's a bandaid to try and fix and amputation. It is nothing but a token gesture and will get little to nothing fixed just like obamacare. Complete reform, both to gun control and social programs and decades of culture shift is all that can save America.
MajorSpittle
+7|3061|Oregun
If you don't want a gun don't get one.  There are laws against murder.  Look a murder and crime rate, who cares about if it was committed by gun, knife, bat, car, plane, hands, or toaster.  People quoting gun crime rates are idiots that shouldn't vote. 

Criminals fear guns, just as much as you libtards posting here.  Armed citizen help keep violent crime down. 

Don't want a gun don't buy one.  Call 911 while bent over by the rapist that wasn't  deterred by the gun free zone sign outside your house.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

DrunkFace wrote:

It's a bandaid to try and fix and amputation. It is nothing but a token gesture and will get little to nothing fixed just like obamacare. Complete reform, both to gun control and social programs and decades of culture shift is all that can save America.
Obamacare is a bandaid, but to say it was a token gesture and gets nothing fixed is ignorant.  Millions of formerly uninsured Americans have health insurance now.  It's not the best solution, and it was coopted early on by the healthcare and insurance industry, but it is a step in the right direction.  There's no such thing as complete reform in government today, outside of revolution or a coup.  It's an old political argument - do you affect change from within the system, or do revolt and completely build anew?

I do agree with the sentiment that the new executive actions are essentially worthless.  Listening to the speech on the way to work, it struck me as a pathetic attempt at building a legacy on the idea of gun control/reform.

On top of that, Executive Actions are a slap in the face to the checks and balances that are integral to our form of government.  I've never been a fan of them.

Spittle - yeah, we should definitely ignore the stats like that over 10K people a year commit suicide by gun, or that owning a gun in your home significantly increases your risk of death, or that carrying a gun significantly increases your risk of being shot and injured/killed.  Let's all put our heads in the sands and pretend that guns are needed to stop all the home invasions that happen throughout the US.

I'm decidedly pro gun and pro gun-control.
MajorSpittle
+7|3061|Oregun
Wow, are you a chick?  You are so devoid of logic and the ability to understand reason that it is the only thing I can think of being possibly you problem.  It is worse than listening to my sister rant about car problems.

You may have a hormonal imbalance you need to see a dr. And get things under control.  Your homophob posts and illogical rants wreak of estrogen and alcohol.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

Armed citizens help keep violent crime down - you said it.  Anything to back that up?  By anything I mean concrete facts.  That's what we use when applying logic and reason.  Not an absurd statement like 'criminals fear guns'.

Reminder - you throw the word faggot around and infer I'm a chick with too much estrogen as if that is supposed to be some sort of indicator that I lack logic and reason.  Then call me a homophobe.  Who's the emotional one, buddy?

This just in guys - women are devoid of logic and reason.  Thanks for the eye opener, Spittle.
MajorSpittle
+7|3061|Oregun
My statements must come as a real blow to your vagina, but yeah, people don't want to get shot and many women are short in the area of logic and reason.  You may not have noticed that while you were off kissing boys.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

if people don't want to get shot they should probably stop buying/storing weapons in their homes, as that simple action (keeping a gun in your home) leads to more gun violence than it stops.  8 times more people were shot and killed in arguments than by citizens trying to stop a crime. That's according to the FBI's own records from 2014. 

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/c … n_2014.xls
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/c … 0-2014.xls

In a (admittedly old) study,
For every time a gun in the home was used in a self-defense or legally justifiable shooting, there were four unintentional shootings, seven criminal assaults or homicides, and 11 attempted or completed suicides.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/9715182/
MajorSpittle
+7|3061|Oregun
^^^ that post is just dumb.

Everyone in my family has guns.  Parents, cousins, grandparents, great grandparents, uncles, aunts, brother, sister..... literally everyone I am related to.  On my block I know that EVERY SINGLE HOUSE has guns in them.

I guess we are all just lucky to be alive.

But hey, you have data.  It is the guns, they kill people.  Has nothing to do with the person pulling the trigger.

So do you have any statistics on other inanimate objects?  Knives, bats, screwdrivers, bottles, cars, windows.........  We need to put these facts you present in context so I can watch you try to apply logic and reason to them.  It should be great fun.

At the root of all guns violence, there is violence and guns!

Last edited by MajorSpittle (2016-01-06 12:52:37)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

yeah, using facts to argue is so much more ignorant than using anecdotes.  I guess I just don't understand how this debate stuff works.

Did you know the rate of gun ownership has actually gone down in the last 40 years?  Less people are buying guns, but those who are buying are buying more guns.

It's definitely the people that are impacting this.  Otherwise mentally competent people buy guns for whatever reason they feel like, then in momentary fits of rage/depression/anger/suicide end up using them.  That (people using guns for malevolent reasons) far outweighs the usage by people trying to be Johnny Hero or to defend their homes.  Appealing to people's fears about the boogeymen, while very popular and lucrative, doesn't represent reality.  Imagine if there was a huge lobby for everyone to wear helmets.  You are more likely to fall and hit your head than you are to be accosted by an intruder or stranger with a gun.  Do you wear a helmet out to work every day too?  The risk is higher.  No, of course not, because there's not an irrational fear of falling and hitting your head, and that irrational fear isn't backed by an enormous lobby with a vested interest in getting you to wear helmets (5 of them, and teach your kids and wife how to properly wear them too!).

I'm not arguing that people do bad things.  Guns give people a far more efficient way to do bad things.  And when you introduce guns into an environment, bad things are more likely to happen than good things. That's a sad reality.
MajorSpittle
+7|3061|Oregun
Cars.  Cars are much more efficient and dangerous.  You must piddle on yourself every time you see a gun.

You seem like the kind of guy that would die with a smile on his face while his head gets bashed in with a bat, comforted by the fact that no gun was used.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
I don't think suicide statistics are relevant in gun control discussions. They really shouldn't be included in the gun deaths statistic.

I'd rather people off themselves in their own home with a gun than fuck up my commute by laying down on the tracks. "Oh Jay, you're such a selfish bastard" well, committing suicide is the most selfish act imaginable so fuck them.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
MajorSpittle
+7|3061|Oregun
I don't think murder should be either.  I would rather people nor be bludgeoned with baseball bats and run up Healthcare cost treating head wounds and brain injuries.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard