uziq
+492|3452
my family always used to bicker at xmas time. not over anything, just because everyone is stressed and has been planning for the day for ages. lots of logistics and planning. trying to corral people into cars, get ready on time, etc. someone will always be too particular or controlling or make the wrong comment at the dinner table. it's what people do in extended groups.

also: not the most relaxed time of year, weather is definitely not nice, many people do not get a week off. lol. fucking aussies.
uziq
+492|3452

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

I was quoting candide. It was sarcasm.

I hope your grandmother pulls through. All the best.
candide got it from leibniz. jesus i've met frogs with better reading than you.
Sigh
jay you and voltaire are about as constitutionally complementary as a checkered croat flag draped in a serb living room.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6681|Disaster Free Zone
Just Chill...
It's what christmas is all about.

https://melbindigenouschurch.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/jojo-christmas-out-the-back-australia-outback-tours.jpg?w=1126
https://www.travel-australia-planning-guide.com/images/national-holidays-in-australia-2.jpg

Last edited by DrunkFace (2015-12-26 07:41:51)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6681|Disaster Free Zone
What's NYE like?

Get drunk with friends while watching them detonate half the city then stumble to a beach, fall asleep on the sand and wake up to the sun rising over the pacific ocean.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719

uziq wrote:

my family always used to bicker at xmas time. not over anything, just because everyone is stressed and has been planning for the day for ages. lots of logistics and planning. trying to corral people into cars, get ready on time, etc. someone will always be too particular or controlling or make the wrong comment at the dinner table. it's what people do in extended groups.

also: not the most relaxed time of year, weather is definitely not nice, many people do not get a week off. lol. fucking aussies.
You also have to deal with extended family members you don't like. An aunt and uncle dropped some supporting words about Donald Trump and the Muslim ban at the Christmas dinner table. I probably would have challenged them on it if I didn't have a cold.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3452

DrunkFace wrote:

What's NYE like?

Get drunk with friends while watching them detonate half the city then stumble to a beach, fall asleep on the sand and wake up to the sun rising over the pacific ocean.
pissed up in se1.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
Thankfully we have given up making a big thing of Christmas or anything else really. Building up an event too much usually means it will explode - like my mother's mince pies always do. We don't have mince pies any more for one thing.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3960|SL,UT

you're mother's mince pie would be an excellent moderator on this forum.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Before or after it has exploded?

Its a shame really, every year we would be on tenterhooks to see when and where the explosion would be - all over the inside of the oven, as they were unglued from the baking dish, in someone's hand, as someone bit into it and burned their mouth and throat with super-heated liquid sugar.

Then there would the awkward silence as everyone waited for me to say "you know, if you prick these things with a fork beforehand this doesn't happen", then the shouting and the throwing of heavy objects and we'd be done until the next year.
uziq
+492|3452
dilbert that could make a really good harold pinter play m8.

Last edited by uziq (2015-12-27 02:56:12)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
really good
harold pinter play
Pick one.
uziq
+492|3452
pinter is a poor man's beckett but that still puts it at above 98% of all other dross produced for stage.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Poor people don't go to plays though.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Lakewood Towne Center has a playhouse that's been there for around 80 years now. Not exactly the poshest venue, but it sticks around. I'm pretty sure that it isn't attended exclusively by millionaires.
MajorSpittle
+7|3091|Oregun
I got $50k unexpectedly and need to figure out where to spend it.  Paydown mortgage, invest it, or get a nice diesel pickup.

Leaning towards paying off mortgage with it and my 401k through a loan so I am essentially debt free and won't be hurt as bad during next market correction.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6291|Washington St.
mortgage. easy.
uziq
+492|3452

MajorSpittle wrote:

I got $50k unexpectedly and need to figure out where to spend it.  Paydown mortgage, invest it, or get a nice diesel pickup.

Leaning towards paying off mortgage with it and my 401k through a loan so I am essentially debt free and won't be hurt as bad during next market correction.
co
caaaaaaaiiiiiiine
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

pirana6 wrote:

mortgage. easy.
naw buy a new car.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6473|6 6 4 oh, I forget

uziq wrote:

MajorSpittle wrote:

co
caaaaaaaiiiiiiine
MajorSpittle
+7|3091|Oregun
Then cocaine it is.  Coca in isn't addictive is it?
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6848|"Frisco"

MajorSpittle wrote:

If you don't have an emergency fund, put some there. If you do, yes pay down the mortgage. A new truck is, obviously, a terrible "investment", but could be justified if it's needed. Paying your mortgage will bring more financial gain than investing -- unless you have some magic trick for earning a higher rate than your mortgage has (unlikely).
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

chuyskywalker wrote:

MajorSpittle wrote:

If you don't have an emergency fund, put some there. If you do, yes pay down the mortgage. A new truck is, obviously, a terrible "investment", but could be justified if it's needed. Paying your mortgage will bring more financial gain than investing -- unless you have some magic trick for earning a higher rate than your mortgage has (unlikely).
most indexes grow more than a mortgage interest rate.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England

chuyskywalker wrote:

MajorSpittle wrote:

Unless you're in the first few years of your mortgage, paying it down early is an absolutely terrible investment. All the interest is front loaded.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
First day in Maryland that the weather goes below 20 degrees Fahrenheit and of course I have a flat.  Luckily a couple of coworkers helped me fill it back up and pointed me to a place about a mile away and they plugged it for $10 so all is well.  Apparently I had a 3 inch drywall screw stuck in, now I know why the tire was making that weird noise the other night and the TPMS was telling me low pressure last night, I was hoping it was just the road noise and the cold but no such luck.  The rim was also seized to the hub for some strange reason so I couldn't even put the spare on

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/12401885_10204515079311601_8356727924561890845_o.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard