unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I actually like the idea they had for introducing squalor, but it really could have been done better. I'd have divided the building types into rural production, city production, defense, government, religion, entertainment and hygiene. Each category would have had their own caps (some, like hygiene, without, but rather limited to amount of structures of each type). Some categories would have had a limit of one "super-building" for the category. Each category's structures would have positively or negatively affected squalor on a case-by-case basis, and at different levels.

Not hard to grasp. It could have been simple without reaching Paradox Interactive levels of obscurity.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock

Canin wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Contrary to what mac says Rome 2 is quite good.
Apparently, my Master collection did not include Rome 2. I could go and purchase it, and all the expansions, but I don't know if I would enjoy it enough to be worth it, plus then I would have to uninstall more games to make space for new games.
At 75% off it's going to be worth it.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I actually like the idea they had for introducing squalor, but it really could have been done better. I'd have divided the building types into rural production, city production, defense, government, religion, entertainment and hygiene. Each category would have had their own caps (some, like hygiene, without, but rather limited to amount of structures of each type). Some categories would have had a limit of one "super-building" for the category. Each category's structures would have positively or negatively affected squalor on a case-by-case basis, and at different levels.

Not hard to grasp. It could have been simple without reaching Paradox Interactive levels of obscurity.
Tied in with the provincial system you can do that.
Adams_BJ
So i had the weekend away and couldn't play. I will play tonight. What should I do.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
play age of empires
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Adams_BJ
worst adviser ever
Adams_BJ
I think I will hold off from moving north, and go for a crusade instead.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
move east
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Adams_BJ
I am, can't you read noob
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
im a kiss ass advisor
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Adams_BJ wrote:

So what, did they change the way it works, because I remember cities being really limited on structure cap when some shouldn't have interfered with others.
Adams_BJ

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

So what, did they change the way it works, because I remember cities being really limited on structure cap when some shouldn't have interfered with others.
You just separate your industries between regions, and still get bonuses shared between them in the same province.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

So just to make it clear, building a dock or something no longer means my people can't have baths? Because I remember there being like 100m2 or something of space for buildings in those stupid cities.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone
There's 2, 3 or 4 cities per province.

If you build baths in 1 city all 4 get the benefits as long as you control them.

With a full province you can build 14 different building (as well as the 4 city/town halls). It just changed the focus from conquering single cities to taking control of full provinces. Also once you owned full provinces you got to issue edicts which gave you more benefits.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2015-12-02 22:50:39)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
I finally got around to finishing an Empire campaign today. I think it was my first time ever completing a total war campaign. I usually get bored once I get a commanding lead and start over.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

DrunkFace wrote:

If you build baths in 1 city all 4 get the benefits as long as you control them.

With a full province you can build 14 different building (as well as the 4 city/town halls). It just changed the focus from conquering single cities to taking control of full provinces. Also once you owned full provinces you got to issue edicts which gave you more benefits.
That's still unbelievably bad and unintuitive. If they want to have regional structures, just put them in a regional construction menu.
Adams_BJ

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

That's still unbelievably bad and unintuitive. If they want to have regional structures, just put them in a regional construction menu.
It's actually very intuitive. You can run all towns in the province from one screen and better see the bigger picture. Having whole provinces dedicated to the different industries needed maximises output and minimises micro management.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Well it didn't make sense to me. I'd go to build an aqueduct and suddenly CANNOT BECAUSE TOO MANY BUILDINGS because I have a temple or something. I prefer the Paradox method. Vicky 2 springs to mind.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I have been playing a lot of Victoria 2 lately. It is pretty cool being the only large and reliable producer of tanks and airplanes in the late game. Being able to blitz and destroy under supplied stacks in Europe makes the micromanaging of your industry worth the hassle.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
And paradox seriously needs to make a Victoria 3
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Aren't they still putting the final touches on Hearts of Iron 4?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Yes.

Anyone ever play Attila total war?
Adams_BJ
I thought about picking it up, but its not my playstyle. ie horsies.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
I finally downloaded napoleon. I can't believe I waited so long.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Adams_BJ
Isnit good? Looked like empire expansion correct?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

It's starting to show its age.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard