MajorSpittle
+7|3061|Oregun
Pussified soaked liberal posts keep dripping on me every time I post in certain threads.  I must get an umbrella.

Oh wait, those are just the tears of the people posting above me.  I must collect them in a cup and drink them with a splash of vodka.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

MajorSpittle wrote:

Pussified soaked liberal posts keep dripping on me every time I post in certain threads.  I must get an umbrella.

Oh wait, those are just the tears of the people posting above me.  I must collect them in a cup and drink them with a splash of vodka.
What was your old account?
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.

coke wrote:

MajorSpittle wrote:

I too am curious
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America

pirana6 wrote:

coke wrote:

MajorSpittle wrote:

I too am curious
Lotta_Drool
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

actually his original account was Major_Spittle.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
You mean one of them has been proven to be a Syrian refugee, most seem to be French or Belgian citizens.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Why conservatives are talking about struggling white people the way they usually talk about black people
“If you spend time in hardscrabble, white upstate New York, or eastern Kentucky, or my own native West Texas,” writes Kevin Williamson for National Review, “and you take an honest look at the welfare dependency, the drug and alcohol addiction, the family anarchy. … The truth about these dysfunctional, downscale communities is that they deserve to die.” His colleague David French echoed the assessment. “Simply put, Americans are killing themselves and destroying their families at an alarming rate. No one is making them do it. The economy isn’t putting a bottle in their hand.”

In the past, this is how conservatives have talked about struggling blacks. If inner cities and rural black communities were poor and dysfunctional, it was because of cultural deficiencies, not broad economic problems. With more effort, went the argument, they could overcome economic isolation and social stigma. And the evidence was success among low-income white Americans who’d overcome their station.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ … ually.html

A not too great but interesting article that highlights how bankrupt modern conservatism is. Lower income whites have been the traditional base for the republican party. They are also the most socially conservative group in America. But conservative leaders are willing to throw them under the bus in defense of the profits of wealthy business owners and corporations. Then people wonder why Trump is so popular.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

This thread again?
MajorSpittle
+7|3061|Oregun

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

This thread again?
^^^^  Perma ban yourself for spam.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3929|SL,UT

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

actually his original account was Major_Spittle.
i think it was a typo. he never could balance the p h level in his posts, and i think he fucked up his account creation.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
The U.S. death rate is on the rise for the first time in more than 15 years, with life expectancy for a baby born in 2015 dropping slightly, the government reported Thursday.

In a trend that's worrying experts, the nation's death rate — or the number of deaths for every 100,000 U.S. residents — rose 1.2 percent from 2014 to last year, the first noteworthy uptick since 1999.

"The increase is significant," Jiaquan Xu, the report co-author and an epidemiologist at the CDC's National Center for Health Statistics, told TODAY. "It's a widespread increase in terms of causes and in terms of gender."
http://www.today.com/health/death-rate- … ns-t105716

A lot of people are going to blame inequality because that is the PC answer. The tough truth is that Americans have a tendency of excess and don't learn moderation. It cuts across all income levels.

Americans love to overeat and gorge on good tasting food. No one has ever tried to tell these people to chill out and munch on a bag of carrots instead of lasagna. Upper middle class college students are enjoying heroin and opiates at a higher rate since their parents never took the time to teach them to stay away from hard drugs or deal with their emotions without doping.
uziq
+492|3422
you make it seem so moral, as if there's a culture of permissiveness and an ethical vacuum.

children aren't getting hooked on opiates in increasing numbers because their parents didn't wag the finger enough. they're getting hooked on opiates because they're being mass prescribed (or were, very recently) by family doctors for minor complaints. people aren't glutting themselves on fast food in excess of their parents' generation. the food is probably objectively unhealthier and stuffed full of shit sugar-substitutes.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
So the fatties and drug addicts are dying? Why are we complaining? Shouldn't we be celebrating?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The U.S. death rate is on the rise for the first time in more than 15 years, with life expectancy for a baby born in 2015 dropping slightly, the government reported Thursday.

In a trend that's worrying experts, the nation's death rate — or the number of deaths for every 100,000 U.S. residents — rose 1.2 percent from 2014 to last year, the first noteworthy uptick since 1999.

"The increase is significant," Jiaquan Xu, the report co-author and an epidemiologist at the CDC's National Center for Health Statistics, told TODAY. "It's a widespread increase in terms of causes and in terms of gender."
http://www.today.com/health/death-rate- … ns-t105716

A lot of people are going to blame inequality because that is the PC answer. The tough truth is that Americans have a tendency of excess and don't learn moderation. It cuts across all income levels.

Americans love to overeat and gorge on good tasting food. No one has ever tried to tell these people to chill out and munch on a bag of carrots instead of lasagna. Upper middle class college students are enjoying heroin and opiates at a higher rate since their parents never took the time to teach them to stay away from hard drugs or deal with their emotions without doping.
The solution is fire and brimstone. These people should be rounded up and forced to attend church every Sunday. Put the fear of god into them and they'll stop their excesses. Please send me your tax deductible donation today.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

uziq wrote:

you make it seem so moral, as if there's a culture of permissiveness and an ethical vacuum.
There is and it is the media's fault. Hollywood constantly bombards young people and others with images of the wealthy and powerful taking part in excess and unhealthiness that is ultimately detrimental and unsustainable for lower income people. Young people see parties on T.V. and think they too need to "party like a rockstar" and instead they get hurt or get addicted and die. Sleeping around when you are a 20 year old Harvard student can be safely done but a 19 year old girl living in Newark is instead going to get pregnant and ruin their life with a kid. The kid won't have a chance in life and die young like their mother too.

I could go on and on with more examples of Hollywood inspired craziness that range from crime and terrorism to suicide and depression. The solution? I don't know. The problem or at least a large part is plain to see.
uziq
+492|3422
your understanding is very simplistic and over-determined. hollywood also bombards people with ubiquitous images of perfectly manicured, toned, perma-tanned demi-gods: i don't see its 'malign' influence causing everyone to go to the gym 4 times a week to achieve an airbrushed celebrity body. but no, someone made a film with drug use and partying in it and now the entire country is corrupt!

stop nurturing these ingrown reddit red pill delusions.

Last edited by uziq (2016-12-13 13:14:10)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
if you don't think hollywood creates unrealistic expectations i don't know what to tell you. your example is even bad. do you know the amount of people with eating disorders continues to grow? same with transsexualism.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

You can't simply point the finger at Hollywood's "unrealistic expectations" when there are so many other proven causes. Knock it off with the bandwagon blame.
uziq
+492|3422

SuperJail Warden wrote:

if you don't think hollywood creates unrealistic expectations i don't know what to tell you. your example is even bad. do you know the amount of people with eating disorders continues to grow? same with transsexualism.
hollywood does create unrealistic expectations. but if it can equally give teenage girls bulimia as well as make everyone obese and over-indulgent, then that says a lot about how wieldy and useful your thesis is.

i tend to think bad lifestyle habits are just that: habits with a neurochemical and psychological dependency. people don't overeat to imitate a movie. they overeat because they've triggered that little dopamine reward-circuit enough times with the sugar-hit foodstuffs they eat. you're acting like culture and media has some overarching role in this. people eat shit because it's conveniently stocked on the shelves, is affordably priced, and tickles the right endorphins.

Last edited by uziq (2016-12-13 15:06:57)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

lol transsexualism
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
Fire and brimstone and hijabs for all and to all a good night
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
RIP Carrie Fisher
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin

SuperJail Warden wrote:

RIP Carrie Fisher
I saw rogue one the day she died and found out about her death the day after that day. RIP indeed
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Oxycontin started being sold in 1997. What a disaster.
https://i.redd.it/gbqhtpusg48y.png
$25 billion in sales for Purdue Pharma though.
uziq
+492|3422

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Oxycontin started being sold in 1997. What a disaster.

$25 billion in sales for Purdue Pharma though.
and now you have fentanyl too to step up the opiates game.

america's approach to pill popping looks very weird to us in europe, i think. even a few years ago, when you had a big underground drug culture around recreational painkiller abuse. who the fuck abuses painkillers? that is no one's idea of a good high. these things are massively over-prescribed and people are getting hooked. same shit with the casual use of benzos.

it's not as much of a public health issue but obviously the carousel of anti-depressants/anti-psychotics are a big background noise, too. 20 years ago you guys were a prozac nation. things like ritalin/adderal are massively over-prescribed to young children.

private healthcare is a nightmare in this respect.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard