SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3711
After an unfortunate mixup, a single mother of two says her eye is glued shut -- and she doesn't know what she can do to fix it.

Florida woman Katherine Gaydos told ABC affiliate WPBF that her eye was glued shut when someone mistakenly put glue into her eye instead of eye drops, and it's been that way for a week.

It all started when she got debris from a leaf-blower caught in her eye.

"Something blew into my eye. I screamed for someone else to get eye drops out of my purse, and they brought super glue and poured it in my eye," she said. "I closed my eye and screamed and called 911."

Gaydos said she was initially being treated by a doctor, but he discontinued treatment and postponed surgery until she can find a way to pay for it.

"He was talking about doing surgery to try and save my eye, but now I don't know what to do -- I don't have a job, no insurance or any money," she told WPBF.
http://abc7news.com/health/woman-says-e … y/1022960/

This seems like something universal healthcare would be good for. It is a shame that in the richest country in the world, you can lose an eye because you can't pay a doctor to fix it. Can anyone defend our current system of healthcare and denying this woman treatment?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Can anyone defend our current system of healthcare and denying this woman treatment?
No, but I'm sure someone will be trying that economical law-of-the-jungle, survival-of-the-fittest bravado only wealthy or comfortably middle-class folks seem to employ.

But I would suggest that she try a Franciscan hospital.
jsnipy
+3,276|6514|...

or go to prison, they would fix it there

Isn't the hospital obligated to provide financing?
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6673|Disaster Free Zone
Oh America you really are the cesspool of the developed world.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX

SuperJail Warden wrote:

After an unfortunate mixup, a single mother of two says her eye is glued shut -- and she doesn't know what she can do to fix it.

Florida woman Katherine Gaydos told ABC affiliate WPBF that her eye was glued shut when someone mistakenly put glue into her eye instead of eye drops, and it's been that way for a week.

"Something blew into my eye. I screamed for someone else to get eye drops out of my purse, and they brought super glue and poured it in my eye," she said. "I closed my eye and screamed and called 911."

Gaydos said she was initially being treated by a doctor, but he discontinued treatment and postponed surgery until she can find a way to pay for it.

"He was talking about doing surgery to try and save my eye, but now I don't know what to do -- I don't have a job, no insurance or any money," she told WPBF.

This seems like something universal healthcare would be good for. It is a shame that in the richest country in the world, you can lose an eye because you can't pay a doctor to fix it. Can anyone defend our current system of healthcare and denying this woman treatment?
Its OK, the free market and lawyers will fix this.

What she needs to do is:

Sue the person who put the glue in her eye, sue the company which supplied the glue, sue the operator and manufacturer of the leaf blower, sue whoever's tree it was which allowed a stray leaf to blow around, petition her congressman to put a rider on the next defence bill to buy the next generation of stealth fighters to provide a tax break to companies which provide eye repair insurance to their employees provided their eye was injured during work hours.
In the meantime if her eye goes rotten and falls out she'll be able to sue for more money - its win-win.

Or the government could provide basic health care as part of the tax system.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

SuperJail Warden wrote:

She could go to any hospital and they have to treat her. Also, she qualifies for medicaid.

You're retarded.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard