FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
how did that happen cowazn? you've taken very bad front bodywork damage, and very bad rear quarter bodywork but nothing in the middle?

hit from behind and spun/pushed into something?

Last edited by FatherTed (2015-10-09 00:22:13)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
uziq
+492|3423

Jay wrote:

Science cured her cancer and she immediately sought hocus pocus to prevent its return.
the PR lady at my job is a 50-something 'earth mum' type and she keeps going on at me about how her husband is a homeopath and how it 'just works', nobody in her household ever gets ill, her children have never been ill, how can you argue against that etc ...

she's also had a sore throat for the last 3 weeks. she's the only person in the office who is constantly sniffling, coughing or spluttering. I have no idea how she is so delusional.

(note: I know most common cold type symptoms aren't treatable by normal medicine either, but I'm not talking about that)
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

Science cured her cancer and she immediately sought hocus pocus to prevent its return.
the PR lady at my job is a 50-something 'earth mum' type and she keeps going on at me about how her husband is a homeopath and how it 'just works', nobody in her household ever gets ill, her children have never been ill, how can you argue against that etc ...

she's also had a sore throat for the last 3 weeks. she's the only person in the office who is constantly sniffling, coughing or spluttering. I have no idea how she is so delusional.

(note: I know most common cold type symptoms aren't treatable by normal medicine either, but I'm not talking about that)
I've given up arguing with people about it. Lecturing ignorant people is a complete waste of breath because inevitably they just invoke Pascal's wager.

It got to the point that my wife and her mom would immediately glance at me whenever they said something even they knew was stupid. I don't want to be 'that guy' so I just ignore them now unless they start talking about using hocus pocus crap on my son.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3423
I think it's a sign of intelligence not to always debunk people or prove them wrong. lording over people with fact and 'the science' just makes you unpopular – and you're never going to change their mind. gotta pick your battles and faith based medicine/healing is not a strong candidate.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
There's nothing hocus pocus about a gluten-free diet, humans really aren't adapted to eat it.

Also, you're wrong about a lot of other stuff.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2015-10-09 05:17:08)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
True, but it is irritating that so many irrationalities have become mainstream recently. Quacks have always been around, and people have always believed nonsense, but between anti-vaxers and people believing gluten is the source of their miasma I sometimes empathize with hermits.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

There's nothing hocus pocus about a gluten-free diet, humans really aren't adapted to eat it.

Ok
-Frederick Bastiat
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6260|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

FatherTed wrote:

how did that happen cowazn? you've taken very bad front bodywork damage, and very bad rear quarter bodywork but nothing in the middle?

hit from behind and spun/pushed into something?
stopped at a light after getting off the highway underneath the overpass, the G35 (presumably) came off the same off-ramp, bumped off a cadillac escalade in the right lane, and smashed into me. i got pushed into a honda accord in front of me, and he got pushed into the accord in front of him. surprisingly, none of us were hurt and all the cars still ran after the accident
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5759|Catherine Black
sounds like plenty of witnesses, you should be alright to get it covered eh?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Ok
That huge gut you have - it could well be a gluten issue.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

uziq wrote:

gotta pick your battles
Unrelated to what you were just talking about with Jay, but is wildly misinterpreting what people say in your "battles" a required activity, or is that just an optional little thing you employ when you want to annoy people?
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6260|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Finray wrote:

sounds like plenty of witnesses, you should be alright to get it covered eh?
yep, that's what it's looking like right now
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
uziq
+492|3423

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

uziq wrote:

gotta pick your battles
Unrelated to what you were just talking about with Jay, but is wildly misinterpreting what people say in your "battles" a required activity, or is that just an optional little thing you employ when you want to annoy people?
sounds like QQ to me
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Ah.
Ryan
+1,230|6814|Alberta, Canada

Oh.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

SpaghettiOs.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
So CNN has a table for how much you are supposed to tip people for stuff.
http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/tipping/
I just placed an order that came out to $18.36. All I have are $20 and I really don't want to break another one... This poor delivery guy is about to get a $1.64 tip.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6652|Disaster Free Zone
Fuck it must be complicated living in America with such arbitrarily stupid 'rules'.

Also who the fuck pays cash for deliveries these days?
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
you tip 15% on literally everything that "requires" a tip.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6652|Disaster Free Zone

pirana6 wrote:

you tip 15% on literally everything that "requires" a tip.
According to you. I could get 50 people and get 50 different answers on 'what you do' every time. Also what 'requires' a tip is just as arbitrarily stupid.

Lets just agree that tipping culture is really fucking stupid in the US.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2015-10-10 15:45:43)

pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
I'm confused. You say it must be complicated in the US to tip but you say you can find 50 people where you are who all say different?

in any event, i've never had any complications with anybody I know tipping. nobody argues over which percentage. since i've been old enough to pay, everyone pays roughly 15% and calls it good. these tipping calculators and "rules" saying which service requires which % is something i've never experienced nor heard of anybody experiencing.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
20% is easier to calculate, and I'm generally just shocked that anybody is performing a service for me at all. Gotta tip your prostitutes.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
You dont just kill them after? Way cheaper.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Not when you factor in dumping the car in the lake.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

DrunkFace wrote:

Lets just agree that tipping culture is really fucking stupid in the US.
Agreed

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard