-=256=-Evo_Wales
The New Evolution in gaming...
+14|6753|Cardiff, Wales

shaunboulton wrote:

i totally agree, ure team gives the other a whooping and shoud finish them off by any means
When in an uncap, it still will take a long time for the defenders tickets to fall! Better imho to fall back and give them a chance to grab another point letting the game carry on. On my clan server i have seen some brilliant comebacks when a team with only their uncap left is given a chance to live for more than 5 seconds!

Another point: If it is in the server rules: "No Spawn camping" or suchlike you should obey it regardless of whether you know if an admin is on or not. You are meant to play by the server rules in my book no matter what

Final point: Some of you are talking about normal points! I at any rate am talking about UNCAPS!
kleomenes
+0|6762
I have something to say... THIS IS NOT WAR! This is a game! Spawn camper are lazy jerks that have no skill WHATSOEVER! That is why they sit in your base without leaving just to rack up points. Skilled players PLAY!
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6785|Singapore

*shrug* it sucks when it happens to me, but when we're in control, i WILL bring my chopper to your uncap, i WILL hover there and have my co TV everything that moves and doesn't move, i WILL take out your planes and choppers before they get filled. Same for tanks, apcs etc.

Would you think twice is my tank's back is facing you? Tell me to turn around and fight it out face to face? When you're in an APC and i'm on foot tell me to get a vehicle to have a 'fair fight'? Wait for me to lift off so we can dog-fight fairly? I think not.

Just like the 'n00b-tube'. Whatever gets the win. Deal with it.
Lawk
+2|6770

Tegerian wrote:

Lawk wrote:

Tegerian wrote:

I respect your opinion also retard, now that the pleasantries are done with I said it was lazy I didnt say anything about it being fair.
Yeah sorry about that.  I somehow lost the name for the other quote and it makes is seem like you said EVERY stupid thing there.  If it makes you feel any better, you and the other poster are moronic to the same degree.
And you're still a retard all by yourself.  BTW if theres nothing wrong with "BaseRaping" why do people get so defensive about doing it?
It may seem like I am on defense, but that is just your perception of my frustration with your closed mind. 

Remember the subject line of the thread?  In your statement, "BTW if theres nothing wrong with "BaseRaping" why do people get so defensive about doing it?", you make it obvious that you do not understand the point of view of the author.  I am not defending Base Raping, I am agreeing with the author when I say it does not exist.

I also dont think camping exists.  If you can do something to kill folks, you are playing the game the way it was intended to be played.  When frustrated players invented the term "camping", they viewed it as something that could not be stopped, when it could.

If "camping" shouldn't be allowed, then if anything else there shouldn't be a sniper or support kit.  While it does happen, assualting a base with a sniper rifle isn't very smart, although may be fun for some.  However, if you "camp" a base with a sniper or heavy assualt rifle you can be quite successful.

There are many things in the game that I dislike and all are things that have been invented by the players, (ie: noob tube, bunnyhopping, pronejumping), but these things are defendable as are "camping" and "base raping".  The people that noob tube do it because they can and they are successful with it.  That is why I "tank whore".  Its fun and I am quite good at it.  Not only that, but it helps my team.  Once again, its part of the game, deal with it.
Tegerian
+0|6766
I understand the point of view of the author that baseraping is a misnomer; however this thread is riddled with folks defending Baseraping in one way or another and those were the ones I referred to.  Play as you like rape, steal and murder if it makes you feel good, but to me camping "uncapturable" bases is lazy.  I did'nt say it was right or wrong or that you were a bad person for doing it, I just said it was lazy.  So maybe you need to work on those reading comprehension skills and come back when you're a bit more prepared.

Last edited by Tegerian (2005-10-31 19:00:27)

freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6749
putting in uncapturable points is just asking for trouble when people can spawn on their squad leader, I don't know why EA made that decision but they should have multiple spawn points far away from each other when there is an uncappable place.
aTi|Sanders
Hold your Fire, I forgot my gun!
+0|6763
You all mention war, LOL.

This isnt war and its not an issue in war. "You cant shoot someone in real war and they respawn."

This is a game and this wouldnt be an issue if people didnt want kills. "Hence Stats"

I have a few questions to ask....before i finnish.

Here we go!

#1. Do you worry about your stats alot?
#2. Do you think killing someone as soon as they spawn is your Job?
#3. Do you think its ok to fight unfairly?
#4. Do you have fun shooting at People while they are helpless?
#5. Do you think this is real war?

If you answered Yes to all these. You need a F'kin head shrink and a real life. Also the odds are you are some pimple infested 15 year old sitting in a room all alone.
aTi|Sanders
Hold your Fire, I forgot my gun!
+0|6763
P.S. You guys who base rape remind me of this dude.

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/toomuchcs.html
Bloody Sky
+2|6841|Texas

aTi|Sanders wrote:

P.S. You guys who base rape remind me of this dude.

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/toomuchcs.html
WHO RECORDED ME WHILE I WAS PLAYING!?!?!?!

I didn't know they where actually going to put that up on the internet!!

No, but at the end with the keyboard and him dying.... that is kind of like me sometimes.

And I love Tank Whoring and killing peoeple when that sapwn (at cappable points, of course). So evil, and fun. If you dont like it you can leave the server, join my team, be destined to C4/blow up my tank, spawn at another point, or just kiss my pale white ass. (Horrible mental image, huh? ...I really should get some sun......)
Bloody Sky
+2|6841|Texas

aTi|Sanders wrote:

You all mention war, LOL.

This isnt war and its not an issue in war. "You cant shoot someone in real war and they respawn."

This is a game and this wouldnt be an issue if people didnt want kills. "Hence Stats"

I have a few questions to ask....before i finnish.

Here we go!

If you answered Yes to all these. You need a F'kin head shrink and a real life. Also the odds are you are some pimple infested 15 year old sitting in a room all alone.
No, but when re-inforcements come they usually have snipers picking them off as they come.In a way that would be "Spawn killing" in RL.

MY ANSWERS:

#1. No, not really.
#2. Job? No. Fun? Yes! Well, I see it on my game as my job is to kill people and to win at all costs, so sure, why not.
#3. Of course!
#4. Hell yes!! Who doesn't!?!?!
#5. "Real" war? No. As close as I'm going to get or ever wanting to.... probably so. At least here I respawn in 15 seconds.

Thank you, please drive through.
thinner44
+1|6806

aTi|Sanders wrote:

1. Not 'worry'... just like to keep an eye on what's going on
2. Not a job, but then if it's a capturable base and we're going for it, hell yeah
3. Yes, unless 'cheats/hacks' are used. If he comes at me with a stick, I'll find a bigger stick
4. How are they helpless, oops, my bad, answering a question with a question ... It's a game
5. No, it's a game, and at £35.00, I think that entitles me to play it how I want to.. TK/TD/TVD cheats and hacks aside.

44 y/o, oh, and I do still get spots
HG_TheTank
+2|6762

aTi|Sanders wrote:

Here we go!

#1 nope but then again they do unlock stuff so yeah. Stupid system!
#2 job? no. My job is what I do during the week. This is my rec time and should be fun.
#3 NO! People who fight unfairly do so as it is their only way they hope to 'win'.
#4 define helpless. In case you mean, during the time they spawn, no.
#5 NO! anyone who thinks that should seek help!

Yup!
C.Keen
Aliens Ate My Babysitter
+0|6805|UK
Aye, all's fair in love and war and there's no real problem with the idea of attacking a team that have allowed themselves to get pinned back to one base. Of course we all hate it when it's being done to us, but then most of the frustration is probably with your crappy team for sucking so hard.

However, the thing I disagree with is if it's done on a capturable flag with no attempt to make the capture. I may get killed but I go for the capture, not the raping.

I think other's have said it as well, but I find it can be more fun to go back to the nearest flag and play some defense.
||BFA||xZeler8
Expendable Miracle Worker
+1|6777

=GK=TATTOOED wrote:

If I am not mistaken this is also called stat padding......not fair play.......racking up points by sitting in someones spawn base doesn't make it fair play!!!!!
you are mistaken
||BFA||xZeler8
+1|6777

chuyskywalker wrote:

Honestly, for the most part I don't really disagree. There are times where, because of load times, one team can have  a MAJOR advantage in stopping the other from ever even leaving their first spawn (think a good chinese chopper pilot/gunner and plane pillot on Dalian Plant -- kills any US hope of ever leaving that damn carrier. I know, i've been that chopper pilot.) In those cases I can see it being a little unfair, but most of the time it IS because the other team suck(ed|s) and put themselves into that position.

THAT SAID

I don't really enjoy baseraping that much...it gets kinda boring. I'd much rather pull back to the first capable flag and play defense. I find it far more enjoyable and dynamic to repel an onslaught than to just circle strafe helplessly spawning idiots.
keep in mind though, there are also advantages for the US on other maps...take for example wake island, once you (being US) capture the chinese airfield they have no jets...I find this kind of bunk because the US has the carrier (uncappable) and constantly spawning jets...that's one of my complaints about that map
||BFA||xZeler8
+1|6777
personally i think people that complain about base-raping are really complaining that they have no skill/common sense...i have been on the receiving end of base-raping MANY times, common sense says "don't spawn there again, you just got killed 3 times in a row", or if it's the last flag "find a way out, be stealthy, take uncommon routes, but get out", or if it's a tank doing the carnage "come back antitank and kill him, it may take a death or two, but you'll make it up once you can move"

i mean seriously how much intellegence does it take?  i've been a member of base raping maybe a handful of times and that was only when the only flag they had left was their uncap and we closed it in on them...i've been the victim of it MANY times as I said earlier and I have zero problem with it...if they are coordinated enough that they can contain you at a base, especially if it's your last base and everyone is spawning there, then either your team sucks and you deserve to get slaughtered, or they are working together to the point where they deserve to win and dish out the slaughtering...

i guess i get tired of seeing all the people on servers whine when they can't do what they want to do...like for example, i was playin Sharqi last night on the MEC side...jumped in the helo and went and killed their helo, then we went and supressed them for the duration of the round and they never got back off the roof and they were yelling "stats padders" this and that...first off, we weren't going all over the map obliterating everyone with that cannon of a gun, we were strictly suppressing the US helo and letting the ground troops take the points...the fact that they were unable to stop us shows complete lack of common sense on their part, they were so set on getting that helo up (as are SO MANY people) that they weren't thinking and all they could do is whine...i guess this is a little bit of a tangent from the main post, but along the same lines anyways...

I guess to sum it up, i'm tired of seeing stupid people whine and cry about others, when in reality their ignorance is the cause for their own pain

Last edited by ||BFA||xZeler8 (2005-11-01 07:07:16)

Chanquad
+-1|6784|Sweden
When reading all this I cant belive how many idiots thats out there destroying a very, very good game! You all idiots should just go play Cs and be an idiot over there!

Last edited by Chanquad (2005-11-01 07:27:18)

doxy
+74|6787|Nevis

Tigg@lot wrote:

As it was already mentioned even war has it´s ROE according to the International Humanitarian Law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internatio … tarian_Law
HARHARHAR

now i am confused, more confused then i ever was b4

HG_TheTank wrote its a game, and that we should play it like that... hmmm

HG_TheTank wrote:

=KHA=Pryvate_Pyle wrote:

There is ony one rule, to win!  who has the war college ribbon?  Nobody!!

Win, its war, stop whining about it.  If you don't have flags expect to die a lot!

Remember pearl harbor, they got base raped, its war, we over-came regrouped and kicked butt. 

Quit crying and start playing like a team.

It is a game for gods sake
Then why do you constantly use RL references?
If it is a game then play it like a game.
It is either war or a game.
Would you finally make up your mind?
yeah pearl harbor was kind of base rape, and acts happening in africa, china, south america, east europe, russia, well some kind of all over the world, during the past 35 years should show you, international humanitarian law is something very good to have, but at the end, on the field, in the mind of a maniac, it won't work.[besides this is still a game, i haven't found international pixeltarian law....] there are two opinions, because there are two ways to enter the fight, one is "War is merely a continuation of politics,war is nothing but a duel on a larger scale." written by clausewitz. it's the most common perspective of war in north america and europe,IMHO this perspective allows all war enganged parties a chance to survive, because they use the act of war to compare, or concluse politics.
a) haven'T found a politician on any map, except one or two commanders
b) i don't want my enemys to survive anything on a map, do you?

i prefer the asian way, "The art of war is of vital importance to the State.  It is a matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence it is a subject of inquiry which can on no account be neglected." written by sunzi
the asians know to fight! some of your parents might still remember to korea and 'nam. there are reasons why people like kim jong il are still there, where they are.

there is morality in war, no women and kids, and thanks g0d, and dice, they haven't developed them into the game, except some kids

i hope that's enough reallity for today :p
greetz doxy
//EDIT

Chanquad wrote:

When reading all this I cant belive how many idiots thats out there destroying a very, very good game! You all idiots should just go play Cs and be an idiot over there!
ever tried quake?

Last edited by doxy (2005-11-01 07:38:20)

MatRx9
Carpe Noctem
+1|6790
To me it's only unfair when the rapists have more players than the other team.  In my experience, base raping goes hand in hand with team imbalance.
HG_TheTank
+2|6762

MatRx9 wrote:

To me it's only unfair when the rapists have more players than the other team.  In my experience, base raping goes hand in hand with team imbalance.
Exactly.
You can have all the 'skill', or whatever some confuse for it, when, due to team inballance you are pressed all the way back to your own base.
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6770|NRW,Germany
You just have to be in a team wich majorly consists of newbies against a team of staff sergants and then try to change the balance...

Some kind of honor system would be a way to stop base raping. Whenever you give the enemy team an opportunity to get out of their base you get some points, but when you keep base raping those honor points get lost. This way those guys who got most of their kills from base raping would be easy to discover...
wang!
+1|6804
I cannot believe all the whiney girls in this thread. Base raping is fine. The only thing that needs to be said is that if you didn't suck you wouldn't have a problem with it.

Ppl talking aboput base raping "noobs". If they were noobs and you're experienced then you could easily take them out. Lemme pull my tank in your base.

I'm all for base raping as you can see with my tanks stats. I'm all for someone else doing it to me. If you're slick enough to get past everyone you deserve to be able to own everyone. If ppl weren't so dumb and would spawn AT instead of gay snipers trying to hide you'd take anything out in a matter of seconds.

Enough of this dumbass whiney garbage. Stop sucking and it wouldn't be a problem. Ask any of the guys who have 100k + and I'm sure they'll agree...None of them cry base rape.
joker2168
+0|6749
Part of the game deal with it. Someone should do a survey. "You like YES or No"
Then you can sticky it and if EA thinks enough people don't like they do something about it.
||BFA||xZeler8
+1|6777
or just let it be, develop some skills, and play the game
Heretic
+3|6773
Intresting to see my drunkin rant had people calling me a whinner. Lol

Truth hurts don't it ? Am I whinning ? Sure, if you want to call it that. I see it more as a method to let some spoiled kids know how good they have it. Maybe there is a nice way to say that without getting a teenage rebellious response. Maybe...

I choose the IN YOUR FACE approach.
Go play another game, or stop complaining

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard