Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Dauntless wrote:

What's with this pumpkin coffee?

I'm going to try to find some tomorrow
It's not pumpkin, it's pumpkin spice... it's the spices that go into pumpkin pie: cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

knightsofwibble wrote:

OT: How's that for a first post in 4 years, eh? You wouldn't believe me if I told you how I got back here - I can't believe BF2S is still active!
wb, the black pearl of communities
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
Gimme dat flat white with a lovely bit of latte art

fuck yeeee

or potentially an Italian style latte

https://i.imgur.com/YkudLio.png

bootiful
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I have been drinking tea at home lately. It's great. It taste much better than coffee but doesn't have the caffeine kick which is unfortunate.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I have been drinking tea at home lately. It's great. It taste much better than coffee but doesn't have the caffeine kick which is unfortunate.
If your'e just in it for the caffeine, take a 5-hour energy shot. ~200mg in 2oz vs a coffee brew's ~150mg in 8oz. Otherwise, black teas and green teas have their own caffeine. Just less than coffee.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Just bought myself one of these

https://i.imgur.com/5mIuo8J.png

and £5 of Columbian beans
uziq
+492|3422
for at home and work for the best coffee, without a machine

get
an
aeropress
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
what on earth is that, how does it work, looks cool

but meh americano
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria
Better yet, get a water-jet vacuum pump, a vacuum side-arm flask , a Büchner funnel and laboratory filters.

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I have a bookmark somewhere that shows how to do that. My wife gave me a "I know what you're thinking" look when we watched that episode
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

get
an
aeropress
How is that different from a cafetiere - a tedious way of making cold coffee?

If I'm drinking coffee I want it scalding hot and with half the grinds still in it.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America

globefish23 wrote:

Better yet, get a water-jet vacuum pump, a vacuum side-arm flask , a Büchner funnel and laboratory filters.

Gotta get all those impurities out of your coffee. Black coffee? Try clear coffee!
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria
I read about cold brewing today.
Steeping the ground beans in room temperature (or even chilled) water for 12 hours.
It's supposedly less acidic and less bitter.

DesertFox- wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

Gotta get all those impurities out of your coffee. Black coffee? Try clear coffee!
True.
Instead of hot water, you can also use chloroform or ether.
After evaporation, you should be left with sticky, oily crystals, which are basically the caffeine and the aroma of the bean.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America

globefish23 wrote:

Steeping the ground beans in room temperature (or even chilled) water for 12 hours.

DesertFox- wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

True.
After evaporation, you should be left with sticky, oily crystals, which are basically the caffeine and the aroma of the bean.
We'll then lyophilizse it and allow for recombination with a sterile water diluent, to be injected at one's pleasure.

I'll post the Kickstarter link soon.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
You should have luwak coffee, it's not bitter at all.

I have tried it, and therefore I must feel superior to those who haven't.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

DesertFox- wrote:

I'll post the Kickstarter link soon.
I'd buy it.

Adams_BJ wrote:

You should have luwak coffee, it's not bitter at all.

I have tried it, and therefore I must feel superior to those who haven't.
You tried Turkish coffee?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Cold brewing is idiot proof, but it requires more beans. It does remove a lot of the bitterness.

I use 3/4 cup (180 mL) of coarsely ground beans in a quart (liter) sized french press, leave it on the counter overnight and press it in the morning.

Best beans for it are Sumatra, gives it a nice natural vanilla note.

Last edited by Jay (2015-09-24 17:38:50)

-Frederick Bastiat
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

globefish23 wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

True.
Less acid and bitter? Finally something my stomach could handle daily. Maybe.
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

get
an
aeropress

If I'm drinking coffee I want it scalding hot and with half the grinds still in it.
considering most people are rocking instant coffee or aforementioned cafetieres at work, i really recommend the aeropress. for twenty bucks it improves the taste and quality of even an average coffee significantly. it's quick, it's easy, you can re-use filters all week, and any moron can use it at work. again. at work. they are surprisingly decent.
uziq
+492|3422

SuperJail Warden wrote:

afaik as i know some tea has more caffeine than coffee, and others more psychotropic effects (like green tea for example). it's all to do with the way you brew it, and the fact that tea is normally more much dilute. pretty sure tea leaves have a higher caffeine content than coffee beans. i do like a good tea when i can get it, but i refuse to buy anything in a teabag composed of fannings and dust crap. i have a very nice loose leaf tea that my ex brought back from sri lanka for me. it is excellent, do recommend.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

get
an
aeropress

considering most people are rocking instant coffee or aforementioned cafetieres at work, i really recommend the aeropress. for twenty bucks it improves the taste and quality of even an average coffee significantly. it's quick, it's easy, you can re-use filters all week, and any moron can use it at work. again. at work. they are surprisingly decent.
You're losing all the oils
-Frederick Bastiat
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria

Adams_BJ wrote:

You should have luwak coffee
Don't!
Since that coffee has become popular a few years ago, the civets who eat and shit the beans are now getting captured in masses, kept in cages and force fed coffee beans.
Other countries in South East Asia are using other animals like weasels for that purpose as well.

It's a good example how globalization, capitalism and trendy crap can negatively affect things.
On the other hand, some people are trying to replicate the enzymatic digestion of the beans with bacteria grown enzymes.

Anyway, just accept that coffee is bitter and surrender yourself to this beautiful source of the glorious caffeine.

P.S. I only buy fairtrade coffee. Not that this helps the ecologic problems of coffee farming and global transporting, but at least a few of the local workers have better conditions. At least the ones on the audited farms.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock

globefish23 wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

You should have luwak coffee
Don't!
Since that coffee has become popular a few years ago, the civets who eat and shit the beans are now getting captured in masses, kept in cages and force fed coffee beans.
Other countries in South East Asia are using other animals like weasels for that purpose as well.

It's a good example how globalization, capitalism and trendy crap can negatively affect things.
On the other hand, some people are trying to replicate the enzymatic digestion of the beans with bacteria grown enzymes.

Anyway, just accept that coffee is bitter and surrender yourself to this beautiful source of the glorious caffeine.

P.S. I only buy fairtrade coffee. Not that this helps the ecologic problems of coffee farming and global transporting, but at least a few of the local workers have better conditions. At least the ones on the audited farms.
When I was in bali I saw the place that they make it.

I will buy 5 bags just for you.
uziq
+492|3422

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

You're losing all the oils
it's a coffee i can make in 3 minutes whilst at work, several times a day.

i'm gaining all the caffeine, which is the important part.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6712|London

I want to know what kind of person roasts their own beans?
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard