Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3958|SL,UT

i want to jump off the bridge in the background. https://i.imgur.com/gsbEcfz.jpg i don't want to die from the fall, i just want to see the canyon . ..
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
You should do it while you can still see where you are jumping off from.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Steve-0
+214|3958|SL,UT

SuperJail Warden wrote:

You should do it while you can still see where you are jumping off from.
i can't see shit - i'm blind in one eye and cain't see out the other.

imma go for it - shit. i'm fiddy and have nothing left to contribute to humanity.

go me. wish i could afford a gopro.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Am I an ass for being irritated at the all caps in the OP?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
As I understand it the people who survive all say they regretted it the instant they jumped.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Steve-0
+214|3958|SL,UT

Dilbert_X wrote:

As I understand it the people who survive all say they regretted it the instant they jumped.
the ones that didn't survive had the time of their lives . . .
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5786|Catherine Black
They don't think about it. They just think "Yep, that'll kill me." When you're suicidal you don't go over the specifics of what happens after, or how it'll happen, as long as the end result is death.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Thinking about the specifics can put a cork in suicidal ideation every now and then.
uziq
+492|3450

Finray wrote:

They don't think about it. They just think "Yep, that'll kill me." When you're suicidal you don't go over the specifics of what happens after, or how it'll happen, as long as the end result is death.
that's totally wrong in most cases. that's the whole point of 'suicidal ideation' being a worrying symptom for medical professionals. it's the constant thinking about suicide and the mulling over the technical details that makes it so dangerous – it's the brain's way of rationalising it and coming to terms with the act, normalising it and taking the instinctual fear out of it. constant thoughts about suicide are a form of mental conditioning. suicidal people like jumpers rarely ever just do it in a flash of impulse or desperation. their brains have been psychologically preparing themselves for the leap for months, maybe even years, in acquired patterns of thinking.
Steve-0
+214|3958|SL,UT

suicides just move me up in the rankings. fiddy year old blind man passes weak sauce individuals who cain't hang.

they can argue their particular yellow flags with the gods of their choosing, but i have no compunction giving them athlete's foot on their hairline . . .
uziq
+492|3450
I have no idea what those two sentences mean but I hate the 'suicide is moral weakness' line. yeah so you're going blind in senility. better than dementia my friend. stop feeling sorry for yourself. a female friend of mine jumped in front of a train during my undergrad years and she was one of the nicest, most genuine people I've met. not a moment of self pity or special pleading. some people's wiring is just all wrong.

Last edited by uziq (2015-09-19 13:33:39)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America
Burnzz what does that last sentence even mean? I've been trying to make sense of it for at least 5 minutes.
Pocshy2.0
+23|3369
I've been wondering too.

I think it breaks down like this:

Yellow flags = warning (something about their depressive disposition)

athlete's foot on their hairline = I'll kick them in the forehead with my foot...which suffers from athlete's foot.

I dunno doe.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
I think the first sentence means that if he commits suicide it is justified because he is blind and others are weak.

The second sentence means that those people can complain about their issues with their God but his problem of being blind makes their complaints look petty.

Gentlemen, this couldn't be simpler.
Pocshy2.0
+23|3369

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I think the first sentence means that if he commits suicide it is justified because he is blind and others are weak.

The second sentence means that those people can complain about their issues with their God but his problem of being blind makes their complaints look petty.

Nah man, you're off.

The first sentence doesn't reference him committing suicide. I think it means it means he is morally superior because he hasn't committed suicide despite having every reason to.

The second sentence is something about them taking things up with their gods who might offer sympathy, but none is to be found from burnzz...who will kick them in the forehead with his athlete's foot.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6322|Graz, Austria
Burnzz will probably get 100 years old, outlive us all and post about our weakness with his newest pair of retina implants.
From his beach house on the Bay of Salt Lake City, to where the oceans will have risen by then due to molten polar ice caps.
He'll then fly to the jungles of King's Peak with his fusion powered quadrocopter to eat some mammoth steak and dodo wings.

Last edited by globefish23 (2015-09-20 11:50:53)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Nah man, you're off.

The first sentence doesn't reference him committing suicide. I think it means it means he is morally superior because he hasn't committed suicide despite having every reason to.

The second sentence is something about them taking things up with their gods who might offer sympathy, but none is to be found from burnzz...who will kick them in the forehead with his athlete's foot.
For all we know, his Dragon speech writing software could have just bugged out.
https://ati.gmu.edu/wp-content/uploads/Dragon.jpg
His post could essentially not mean anything at all.
Pocshy2.0
+23|3369

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Nah man, you're off.

For all we know, his Dragon speech writing software could have just bugged out.

His post could essentially not mean anything at all.
Can we afford to take that chance? What if we're on the verge of a new age of communication?
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6740|London

It's hard to tell butI hope you're kidding around burnzz

Please don't do anything stupid, you're a good guy xxx
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard