Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3957|SL,UT

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

But I would still read it.
Ur Unemployed. you'll read everything . . .
Pocshy2.0
+23|3368

Steve-0 wrote:

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

True words. I read more useless shit in a day than I'd care to admit. You ever been 30 pages deep on a beanie baby forum? I have. I've seen the depravity of plus toy market speculation. I've seen Reddit threads through to the last 'show more' expando-tab thing. My time is worth so little I find ways to waste it that men with lesser patience can only dream of.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

but have you ever been 30 inches deep in a beanie baby? these questions need answers
uziq
+492|3450

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

Steve-0 wrote:

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

True words. I read more useless shit in a day than I'd care to admit. You ever been 30 pages deep on a beanie baby forum? I have. I've seen the depravity of plus toy market speculation. I've seen Reddit threads through to the last 'show more' expando-tab thing. My time is worth so little I find ways to waste it that men with lesser patience can only dream of.
tears in the rain too?
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6647

Dauntless wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

I was caught by a policeman with a speed gun, I was definitely going above 40 but honestly didn't think it was 72. Also there was a BMW that was in front of me the whole time so he was doing at least my speed.

Supposedly the policeman was pointing the gun at me and not him but that's just my word against his I guess... Also his written report confused a few immaterial facts like which lanes we were in.
I dunno, if I'd have had a dash cam I might've fought it.

Anyway... definitely need to invest in one of these:
https://store.valentine1.com/store/
So I guess I'm not the only one who has had to attend the Speed Awareness course to avoid the points. Everyone there blamed their speeding and road rage on London cyclists...
Tell you what, I did one of those speed awareness courses a few months ago to avoid points but it was a special course just for people caught speeding over Tower Bridge. The only one of it's kind apparently.

It's so stupid. Because Tower Bridge is a 'monument' they don't have to make the signage or cameras as visible as they usually do. Spent over two hours just talking about Tower Bridge.

What a waste of my life
And there are a butt load of cylists on Tower Bridge...
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX

Dauntless wrote:

Tell you what, I did one of those speed awareness courses a few months ago to avoid points but it was a special course just for people caught speeding over Tower Bridge. The only one of it's kind apparently.

It's so stupid. Because Tower Bridge is a 'monument' they don't have to make the signage or cameras as visible as they usually do. Spent over two hours just talking about Tower Bridge.

What a waste of my life
You've learned not to speed at tower bridge at least.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5355|London, England
I spend an hour on the train each way every day and have to deal with spotty mobile data. They should install WiFi on the trains.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3450
very true. most buses here in the UK offer free wifi – or at least all the local carriers I know in my ridiculous and affluent white power broker enclave.
Pocshy2.0
+23|3368

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

but have you ever been 30 inches deep in a beanie baby? these questions need answers
There was a thread on that forum with pretty strong sexual undertones, and I did consider some of the more lush plush toys as a purchase. But to answer the question, I've never indulged.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6734|Oxferd Ohire
https://fat.gfycat.com/OptimalThoseFoal.gif
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Pocshy2.0
+23|3368

uziq wrote:

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

Steve-0 wrote:

tears in the rain too?
I've never written liquid poetry, no. I will never be so eloquent and versed that my similes amount to anything more than a paint-by-numbers.
uziq
+492|3450

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

uziq wrote:

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

tears in the rain too?
I've never written liquid poetry, no. I will never be so eloquent and versed that my similes amount to anything more than a paint-by-numbers.
the way you wrote that with the repetition of watched/seen and the gleam-in-the-eye tone is basically hilariously reminiscent of rutger hauer's tannhauser gate improv at the end of blade runner:

Pocshy2.0
+23|3368

uziq wrote:

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

uziq wrote:

tears in the rain too?
the way you wrote that with the repetition of watched/seen and the gleam-in-the-eye tone is basically hilariously reminiscent of rutger hauer's tannhauser gate improv at the end of blade runner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoAzpa1x7jU
I did manage to get the reference, but didn't go back to watch the clip. Maybe another couple of months off-the-job and I'll be able to deliver with half the intensity and introspection.
uziq
+492|3450
i think you're about there pocshy. androids never had to deal with graduate employment
Pocshy2.0
+23|3368
So I have that interview for the short-term contract in about 2 hours, and I'm over here in a circle of hell Dante forgot about trying to decide if a jacket is too formal for this 'conversation' on a warm summer day.

Last edited by Pocshy2.0 (2015-08-28 09:02:06)

uziq
+492|3450
shirt and tie. wear a trench coat. carry a gun.
Pocshy2.0
+23|3368
Yeah, I decided eventually that a shirt and tie would suffice. Plus my tailored suit needs work now that I've changed body shape from weightlifting. So really if you ain't top you ain't shit.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
Hope you do well. If you don't, you need to go on a bender.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

bender should be a requisite regardless.  Celebrate winning, celebrate losing.
Pocshy2.0
+23|3368
Meeting went well. I think it's a good sign when they decide at the end to ask you about your post-graduation trip for 20 minutes instead of ushering you out the door immediately. It's a weird dynamic when there are absolutely no questions to guide the conversation. She just kind of picked up on things I briefly mentioned or would ask questions as she read my resume. Very relaxed, lots of smiles, a few jokes.

Best part is that the contract is for 9 months (not the original 3-4 I had thought), with the strong possibility of extension to 1 year no bullshit required, and from there they will hire full-time regular. Also, there are actually 2 positions on the table, not the original 1 I thought there was. Bonus odds.

And yes, I think when that call comes in I'll have a bottle of scotch ready to go.

Last edited by Pocshy2.0 (2015-08-28 11:59:39)

uziq
+492|3450
the best sign is when they ask you how long your notice period is for your current job

but that sounds really good. you smashed it bro. here's hoping...
Pocshy2.0
+23|3368
She actually did ask me exactly that question. "How quickly can you be in the chair," followed by "I will contact your references first thing Monday." Who knows though, competition might be stiff.

Last edited by Pocshy2.0 (2015-08-29 07:15:55)

Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6471|6 6 4 oh, I forget

So they actually call to check on the references and not admire on the possible big names in cool companies on the resume? Well I'll be.

Good luck Pocshy!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
I was planning on sitting on my ass and playing the new Metal gear solid on my day off tomorrow but I instead have to go to the local police station to get fingerprints done for my DHS background check since the agency I did mine for already didn't forward it to the FBI. Just hope they can do it there and not send me to the county sheriff's.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6740|London

Sounds good Pocshy, I don't think they'd be contacting references unless they were about to hire you

I'm thinking of leaving my job, my notice period is 2 months and I'm pretty confident I'd find a new job in that time so I'm considering handing my notice in this week, before I've secured a job.
But maybe my confidence is misplaced and it's a stupid idea...
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard