Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5512|London, England

SuperJail Warden wrote:

That's more than 10% of the total amount of legal immigrants we let in. How many do you want?

While we are on the subject of immigration, I wish the U.S. would step up and take the Christians and other non-Muslim religious minorities in Iraq-Syria as refugees. Non-Muslims are discriminated against pretty badly because of their religion. If the U.S. thinks itself a Christian nation, we should do more to protect foreign Christians.

We could make extra refugee slots specifically for them that way Muslims can't cry racism because the amount of slots available for them will remain unchanged.
Watch less fox news
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,813|6260|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

If the U.S. thinks itself a Christian nation, we should do more to protect foreign Christians.
This is funny on so many levels.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6870

SuperJail Warden wrote:

That's more than 10% of the total amount of legal immigrants we let in. How many do you want?
Other visas are not exactly permanent residency. Only that shit counts.

Aus alone has 170k NEW permanent residents PER YEAR. We intake a lot more than you guys do. Your politicians keep talking about letting skilled migrants in yet its near impossible to get a green card unless you have a company that is willing to shell out tens of thousands on your visa, and yet you can leave your company any time.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

If the U.S. thinks itself a Christian nation, we should do more to protect foreign Christians.
This is funny on so many levels.
Fix dat quote!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Cybargs wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Other visas are not exactly permanent residency. Only that shit counts.

Aus alone has 170k NEW permanent residents PER YEAR. We intake a lot more than you guys do. Your politicians keep talking about letting skilled migrants in yet its near impossible to get a green card unless you have a company that is willing to shell out tens of thousands on your visa, and yet you can leave your company any time.
Easier if you're not asian. Already have too many Indians and Chinese driving up real estate prices with their corruption money.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+640|3874

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

While we are on the subject of immigration, I wish the U.S. would step up and take the Christians and other non-Muslim religious minorities in Iraq-Syria as refugees. Non-Muslims are discriminated against pretty badly because of their religion. If the U.S. thinks itself a Christian nation, we should do more to protect foreign Christians.

We could make extra refugee slots specifically for them that way Muslims can't cry racism because the amount of slots available for them will remain unchanged.
Watch less fox news
I don't watch Fox news anymore. I usually follow the news that gets post on /r/Syriancivilwar it's posted and translated by people in the region. It is usually a week ahead of American media. And you will get exposure to jihadists sources too which is something you won't see on CNN. It has gotten articles about in the NYT and telegraph. The owner is now a BBC correspondent. Good stuff.

Did you read about the systematic rape and selling of Yazidi women in the New York Times? They have whole infrastructure devoted to selling non-Muslim women. It is really terrible. Aside from mass rape, non-Muslims are at risk of unjustified murder at any moment in ISIS territory. Something needs to be done for those people.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6863|England. Stoke

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Watch less fox news
I don't watch Fox news anymore. I usually follow the news that gets post on /r/Syriancivilwar it's posted and translated by people in the region. It is usually a week ahead of American media. And you will get exposure to jihadists sources too which is something you won't see on CNN. It has gotten articles about in the NYT and telegraph. The owner is now a BBC correspondent. Good stuff.

Did you read about the systematic rape and selling of Yazidi women in the New York Times? They have whole infrastructure devoted to selling non-Muslim women. It is really terrible. Aside from mass rape, non-Muslims are at risk of unjustified murder at any moment in ISIS territory. Something needs to be done for those people.

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Our entire response to ISIS has been melodramatic and knee jerky.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+640|3874
Taking in refugees is melodramatic? Worrying about ISIS on the border, bombing everything in Syria and Iraq, giving weapons and support to Kurdish separatist, considering sending troops back into Iraq, all ridiculous and knee jerky. Taking in people who are getting ethically cleansed is not. Taking innocent people out of harms way once they make it to a refugee camp is hardly difficult. You don't even need to send in troops to do it.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2015-08-20 08:25:07)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6929|Noizyland

I'm a New Zealander, Australian immigration policy targets me hardest of all. A New Zealander can live, work, and pay taxes in Australia for a decade and be no closer to gaining citizenship or being able to vote, (taxation without representation eh?) or even access the sort of taxpayer funded services Australians enjoy. Despite paying for them.

Russell Crowe - who owns the South Sydney NRL team, is a named "National Treasure", who has been featured on Australian stamps, who has an Australian wife and kids and has lived in Australia since he was young - can not acquire Australian citizenship because he is from New Zealand and happened to be away promoting a movie when the current laws came in.

I know there was a reason for this sort of thing when the "brain drain" was being used as a scapegoat by both countries administrations and there was a fear of people using NZ citizenship as a back door for migration to Australia, (which is legitimate but could have been solved in other ways,) really it's a bit shit.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6870

Ty wrote:

I'm a New Zealander, Australian immigration policy targets me hardest of all. A New Zealander can live, work, and pay taxes in Australia for a decade and be no closer to gaining citizenship or being able to vote, (taxation without representation eh?) or even access the sort of taxpayer funded services Australians enjoy. Despite paying for them.

Russell Crowe - who owns the South Sydney NRL team, is a named "National Treasure", who has been featured on Australian stamps, who has an Australian wife and kids and has lived in Australia since he was young - can not acquire Australian citizenship because he is from New Zealand and happened to be away promoting a movie when the current laws came in.

I know there was a reason for this sort of thing when the "brain drain" was being used as a scapegoat by both countries administrations and there was a fear of people using NZ citizenship as a back door for migration to Australia, (which is legitimate but could have been solved in other ways,) really it's a bit shit.
The minister of immigration could actually just grant him citizenship due to his exceptional character.

Oh not to mention his wife is aussie and so are his kids.

Jay: Chinese are the #1 immigrant group, second Indian, third British and fourth Philippine.

the whole 'corrupt' asian money coming to Aus for properties are so minute it's not even an actual issue.

The malay government has been fucking shit up in melbourne more than anyone.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5333|Sydney
"could"
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Ty wrote:

I'm a New Zealander, Australian immigration policy targets me hardest of all.
And still they come.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6870

Dilbert_X wrote:

Ty wrote:

I'm a New Zealander, Australian immigration policy targets me hardest of all.
And still they come.
Kiwis have to get PR's first (not SCV) and then live x amount of years as PR and then can qual to get aussie citizenship.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6929|Noizyland

Actually Dilbert net migration of New Zealanders between New Zealand and Australia actually goes the other way now. See? You didn't need to install a discriminatory immigration system, all you needed was a cluster-fuck of a government and an economy that is no longer held up be a resources boom.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6929|Noizyland

Do you think Christopher Pyne actually tries to be this weird during interviews or it's actually a natural thing?

https://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f266/Tyferra/pynetranscript_zpsnyvu0apg.jpg
[Blinking eyes thing]
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6870
he should be the minister for trolling instead.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Ty wrote:

Actually Dilbert net migration of New Zealanders between New Zealand and Australia actually goes the other way now. See? You didn't need to install a discriminatory immigration system, all you needed was a cluster-fuck of a government and an economy that is no longer held up be a resources boom.
Its not migration if they were tourists is it?

People going home after a working holiday (how ever many years it is) =/= Migration
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+640|3874
Immigration is a campaign topic in the U.S. Jeb Bush, the smart Bush, managed to upset 2 electorates with his comments about anchor babies. Thought you guys would find it funny compared to your immigration discussion.
On Monday, Bush was trying to clean-up controversy over his use of the term "anchor babies" last week, but instead found himself in another mess after he said the offensive term was "frankly, more related to Asian people."
Further attempting to clarify his comments, the Republican presidential contender said he was actually talking about immigrants other than those who cross the U.S.-Mexico border.

"What I was talking about was the specific case of fraud being committed where there's organized efforts and, frankly, it's more related to Asian people coming into our country, having children in that organized efforts taking advantage of a noble concept which is birthright citizenship," he said. "I support the 14th amendment."
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Immigration is a campaign topic in the U.S. Jeb Bush, the smart Bush, managed to upset 2 electorates with his comments about anchor babies. Thought you guys would find it funny compared to your immigration discussion.
On Monday, Bush was trying to clean-up controversy over his use of the term "anchor babies" last week, but instead found himself in another mess after he said the offensive term was "frankly, more related to Asian people."
Further attempting to clarify his comments, the Republican presidential contender said he was actually talking about immigrants other than those who cross the U.S.-Mexico border.

"What I was talking about was the specific case of fraud being committed where there's organized efforts and, frankly, it's more related to Asian people coming into our country, having children in that organized efforts taking advantage of a noble concept which is birthright citizenship," he said. "I support the 14th amendment."
Because it's a real thing: http://m.ocregister.com/articles/touris … deral.html
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+640|3874
I know it exist. No one is disputing that. The problem is the way he articulated his opinion. First he upsets the Hispanics by calling them anchor babies. Then he backtracks and decides to throw the Asians under the bus. He doesn't understand that the term itself is offensive.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6786|949

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

It's a very real thing here. I can go to at least 4 different residential developments within a 15 minute drive and find what are essentially 'baby' shops. 

And yeah, it is him being deliberately ignorant on it.  He's using the term "anchor babies" to conjure up the old republican mainstay of poor mexicans coming across to the US to have kids (there was some serious vitriol on this topic on these boards in the past by stupid fuckers like ATG) as a way to stay in the country because it's a phrase that drums up anger at illegal immigration (an issue conservative voters are adamant about) and establishes him as agreeing with the party platform even though his wife is Mexican and he's previously shown tolerance for the latin community (he speaks spanish!!).  By deflecting the comment to Asians he maintains the simple support of the latin community while also keeping the stupid racist conservatives who don't want no messeeecan anchor babies.

The reality is (and the linked article touches on it) the Asians coming here (overwhelmingly Chinese) are wealthy - ie. not the poor immigrants eating up our welfare services and popping out 6 babies by the time they are 20 as fits the conservative hatemongers boogeyman
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+640|3874

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

It's a very real thing here. I can go to at least 4 different residential developments within a 15 minute drive and find what are essentially 'baby' shops. 

And yeah, it is him being deliberately ignorant on it.  He's using the term "anchor babies" to conjure up the old republican mainstay of poor mexicans coming across to the US to have kids (there was some serious vitriol on this topic on these boards in the past by stupid fuckers like ATG) as a way to stay in the country because it's a phrase that drums up anger at illegal immigration (an issue conservative voters are adamant about) and establishes him as agreeing with the party platform even though his wife is Mexican and he's previously shown tolerance for the latin community (he speaks spanish!!).  By deflecting the comment to Asians he maintains the simple support of the latin community while also keeping the stupid racist conservatives who don't want no messeeecan anchor babies.

The reality is (and the linked article touches on it) the Asians coming here (overwhelmingly Chinese) are wealthy - ie. not the poor immigrants eating up our welfare services and popping out 6 babies by the time they are 20 as fits the conservative hatemongers boogeyman
My sister is a RN at a hospital maternity ward. She says there are a lot of Arabic speaking foreigners showing up to have babies. They are couched to say the same lines and ask the same things. She thinks the Egyptian doctors at the hospital set these people up as their side business.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2015-08-25 11:23:43)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6786|949

Wouldn't doubt it for a second.  Don't tell Chris Christie...he might spin it as babies being born to form an American-born sleeper cell.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Most of the illegals around here are Chinese and Korean. Don't speak a lick of English or pay a dollar in taxes on their Bodega income and no one says boo to them. Frankly, I prefer Hispanics because they actually join the damn community and don't isolate themselves in their own little racist bubble worlds. No idea why they get shit on by Republicans.

Last edited by Jay (2015-08-25 14:25:25)

-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+640|3874
How do you know they are illegal? Because their English isn't great? Why are you making assumptions about their finances? Are you still mad Asian women won't talk to you on the train?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard