SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

Finished my Masters degree in Public Policy. The thought of not having to return to school in 4 months is intimidating. Like I have this 40 year stretch in front of me that I have to fill with something undefined but productive.
Start a family

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2015-04-30 07:47:55)

https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3422
set yourself on fire.
write a novel.
sire children in several fiefdoms.
get a job in a quango and browse reddit.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

Finished my Masters degree in Public Policy. The thought of not having to return to school in 4 months is intimidating. Like I have this 40 year stretch in front of me that I have to fill with something undefined but productive.
Get a job
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

you should take Too $hort's advice from Gettin' It

"Get a degree, then take a vacation"

He also advises to stack your $20s on top and your $50s on bottom of your roll of cash, along with:
"Set your self some goals, Think positive, everything else is old, And work hard, never stop hustlin

In other news that's relevant to this thread, I just got a job offer. Significant step up with a start-up.
Pocshy2.0
+23|3341
Family will come with time...much time. As for setting myself on fire, I think the list of suggestions is the basis of an interesting plot. And yes Jay, I'll stay off your government welfare and attempt to be a productive person. I'm heading to Europe for a month starting tomorrow, so I'm way ahead of you KEN.

Also, KEN, start-ups are super risky. They have to pay more and offer more to even have a fucking shot at getting people capable of getting the company off the ground. I have numerous friends who have been caught in the wreckage of little-hope start-ups.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

yep, im very aware of the space, having worked with (not at) some in the past.  I've worked for 2 companies that have failed, so it's nothing new.  My end game is to be in an executive position and this is a natural step up as far as my resume is concerned.  I'm kinda chasing a VP title and in this role I'll be VP of Operations (everyone at a start up is a VP).

It's not a traditional start up in the sense they aren't out getting VC funding.  They have a company financially backing them so they don't do all the stupid shit you see at Silicon Valley start ups (no kewl ping pong/arcade games in the rec area), and they actually have a suite of products they are offering, so there's no huge ramp up to realize revenue.  It's all about execution at this stage, and that's why they are bringing me on board.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
will you join a yacht club one day?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
My cat has finished his one month course of pills.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3930|SL,UT

i made it through this forum on only 2 accounts.

that's on account of ATG being a moderator . . .
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

SuperJail Warden wrote:

will you join a yacht club one day?
nope.  Country Club yes.  It's been in my plans for about a year now.  Just haven't been able to find one that tickles my fancy.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
After a year of chasing a misfire in my car I finally took it to a shop. They called and said it wasn't my biggest fear - compression test came back fine.

Still don't know what's wrong though
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

pirana6 wrote:

After a year of chasing a misfire in my car I finally took it to a shop. They called and said it wasn't my biggest fear - compression test came back fine.

Still don't know what's wrong though
I diagnose it being a shit car.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
thanks for the moral support
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

pirana6 wrote:

thanks for the moral support
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
This place is around
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6619
I just bought my first apartment!
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6444|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Congrats and welcome to the world of debt!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Ultrafunkula wrote:

not if the asset goes up!
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
Congratulations!
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6619

Ultrafunkula wrote:

It's refreshing seeing the massive minus in my bank account getting nearer and nearer to 0...
uziq
+492|3422
do you still live in the UK from your student days or are you back being a randy scandi?
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6260|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

I just bought my first apartment!
now buy me one
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

my sister just went into labor.  Unky Brendan coming soon!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

my sister just went into labor.  Unky Brendan coming soon!
Congrats!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
Within the next month, I should be levelling up getting promoted at work. I, too, am shocked.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard