globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria
In 10 more years, we'll be reading EE Chats from our retina implants.
And debate why switching to visual cortex interfaces is still a crappy technology.
And maybe play a round of Battlefield 17.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
Tazz, you're not gonna force us to all speak aussie now are you? All I know is "dingo ate my baby" and "throw another shrimp on the barbie". I'll be totally lost
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6144|Sydney | ♥

fact: i've never heard anyone in my country say shrimp. ever. unless talking specifically about that stupid saying.

it's a prawn.

everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

globefish23 wrote:

In 10 more years, we'll be reading EE Chats from our retina implants.
And debate why switching to visual cortex interfaces is still a crappy technology.
And maybe play a round of Battlefield 17.
In 10 more years our children will be posting here. Burnzz can finally pretend to be a grand father.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

tazz. wrote:

fact: i've never heard anyone in my country say shrimp. ever. unless talking specifically about that stupid saying.

it's a prawn.

It has begun...
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America

tazz. wrote:

it's a prawn.

"Fookin' prawns!" - Australia, 2015
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
faakin prawnz
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3929|SL,UT

chuyskywalker wrote:

On that date the site will go into a read-only mode, a static copy will be made and rehosted, and I'll even release the site's source code for posterity.
today's august second, posting in read-only mode.

chuyskywalker wrote:

I have relented, Tazz is going to step in and help out fix up the broken windows around here.
oh, wait - Tazz steps up. GG Tazz, if you need any help i'm willing. i've actually learned things since i first registered, and this site was a big help.

Last edited by Steve-0 (2015-08-02 15:30:27)

uziq
+492|3422
let's keep it simple:

clear the ban list
fuck this 'one post every 30 minutes unless you are one of the 7 approved members' thing.

this community is fun, people argue and bicker but we've all known one another for the better part of a decade. we don't need a moderator to police hurt feelings or 'abusive behaviour'. nobody is going to feel threatened or put-out by yet another D&ST argument. most of us are friends on Facebook ffs. we don't need moderating... just clear it out so there can be as much unfettered activity as possible. let some air into the place.
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

just got back from beach. The apocalypse never came. What am I going to do with all these canned goods
Cheers Tazz
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

uziq wrote:

let's keep it simple:

clear the ban list
fuck this 'one post every 30 minutes unless you are one of the 7 approved members' thing.

this community is fun, people argue and bicker but we've all known one another for the better part of a decade. we don't need a moderator to police hurt feelings or 'abusive behaviour'. nobody is going to feel threatened or put-out by yet another D&ST argument. most of us are friends on Facebook ffs. we don't need moderating... just clear it out so there can be as much unfettered activity as possible. let some air into the place.
also teds4mod
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

And so the antipodean takeover of bf2s.com is complete. I feel I played a minor to major role in things. If I hadn't set the respectful tone of the AU Chats thread this never would have happened.

I pretty much agree with Uzi by the way. There was a time when moderators needed to be mediators but not any more. Now all we need to do is get rid of the odd spamvertisement, maybe fix some minor posting error, and generally use our power to unfairly edit everyone's posts to create chaos. I think most people have grown up enough not to use the website as their personal platform for their own egos and know enough to reign things in when they step over the line. Much better than needing someone to run off to a moderator to dish out wet bus ticket slappings.

Also at this stage I'm not sure if Ted should be made a mod because of the longevity of the meme or he should be refused to be made a mod because it's kind of funny.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
Fix sigs and avatars
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
whats wrong with sigs
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6144|Sydney | ♥

Adams_BJ wrote:

Fix sigs and avatars

sigs work, just find a new image host.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

chuyskywalker wrote:

I have relented, Tazz is going to step in and help out fix up the broken windows around here.
I'm so confused.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6259|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

tazz. wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Fix sigs and avatars

sigs work, just find a new image host.
awwww yiss
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
tazz is already admin. all hail tazz.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Hail hydra.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria
Tazz for prez! https://i.imgur.com/0rIb8Mg.gif
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6643|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Loving your work Tazz, want a sticker as some kind of reward?  Least I could do mate.  On a serious note, I banged on about donating last few weeks, Im happy to keep to my word.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

I think that should stay
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

uziq wrote:

Hmm. Can't find the 'Promote user' button anymore. Taaaaaaaaaazzz! Come wipe!
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney

Cybargs wrote:

faakin prawnz
cunce
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
Another fix, remove the xfire link from the profile bit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard