not interested anymore
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
so cool man it has rihanna in it
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
Does anybody know where I can get some fifa coins?
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

feeling111 wrote:

not interested anymore
even spambots hate this game
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I bought battlefield 4 premium on origin the other day. I wanted to play some Operation Metro.

There are only like 5 metro servers in north America. Only one of them is ever populated.

So here I am running around metro 2014 with the  very first gun you get throwing around medpacks so I can unlock the defibrillator. They changed how the defibrillator works by the way.

Do not recommend.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria

SuperJail Warden wrote:

They changed how the defibrillator works by the way.
Yes, you need to charge up the paddles now for ~2 seconds to heal 100%.
A short chime sound indicates fully charged paddles.
Also, a timer on the dead players' icons show how long you can still revive them, which makes prioritizing much easier.

With the medic's defib field upgrade specialization you can improve recharge times, revive health and minimum health.

Another recently patched thing:
Medpacks now won't heal you, when you're under fire.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I've gotten used to the defibs changes. They aren't too annoying once you get the hang of it.

Do you unlock everything with battlepacks? They gave me a ton for being premuim but all it seems to be is scopes, knives, and other crap I really don't need. At what point will I be able to use a different gun than the AK for a medic? I'm already on rank 6

I miss Battlefield 2's system. Ranks used to mean something.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6259|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

gotta use the guns to unlock the betters ones, so use that AK til you get the 416, pretty much; then it's all gravy from thar
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I don't have the time or patience to grind up levels like that. I really hate unlock systems. Everything should be available to everyone on day 1 and let skill determine everything else.

I would buy the unlock bundle if the prices weren't ridiculous. I'm not cheap and have spent $100+ on DLC for a single game before but can't justify spending $40 to get something unlocked I already paid for. The premium membership probably should have unlocked everything in the first place. I don't feel very "premium".
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/st … aultrifles

Anyway, I'm deeply disappointed in this game in way I wasn't for all the other iterations of the franchise. I loved Bad Company 2. I enjoyed BF3. I don't like anything about BF4 outside of the elevator they added to Metro (great design choice).

I feel pretty cheated which is pretty rare for me as far as gaming goes. I don't think I will come back to the series even if BF4 had a Karkand 2016 map. A Warlord and Ghost Town update would be appealing though. BF2: Special Forces was probably the high point of the series.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I loved Bad Company 2.
Nope, that game was the one that single-handedly turned the whole franchise into a consolized, dumbed down piece of arcade game.
Thanks to BC2, we now have stupid things like health regeneration and 3D spotting, silly crutches that drastically reduce the required skill and completely kill the immersion.

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I enjoyed BF3.
That's strange, because BF3 had essentially the same unlock system.
The only difference in BF4 is, that shotguns, SMGs and pistols have their separate unlock trees and all the class specific gadgets are unlocked independently of the weapons at all. All weapon accessories have been moved to battlepacks.
That means, you will get a new type of gun faster, without getting any of the other things in between.

Speaking of unlock systems:
In the new BF Hardline you can use "money" (=your XP points) to purchase almost every weapon, gadget and accessory that you can afford, right from the start.
Only a handful of the better weapons are gradually made available in tiers, based on your rank.
And only 4 weapons are linked to assignments.

SuperJail Warden wrote:

BF2: Special Forces was probably the high point of the series.
That is the absolute truth.
BF2142 which came after that also had several nice new features that were never used in a later game (Titan mode, 3D spotting based on class gadgets, invisibility gadget,..).

A combination of these two games, with the modern Frostbite engine would be excellent.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin
I want battlefield 1942 with at least the same level of epicness again.

Last edited by War Man (2015-04-20 15:15:48)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3929|SL,UT

War Man wrote:

I want battlefield 1942 with at least the same level of epicness again.
fuck. i never suspected that i would agree with a warman post. i should promptly drink kool-aid flavored bleach. . .
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

globefish23 wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I loved Bad Company 2.
Nope, that game was the one that single-handedly turned the whole franchise into a consolized, dumbed down piece of arcade game.
Thanks to BC2, we now have stupid things like health regeneration and 3D spotting, silly crutches that drastically reduce the required skill and completely kill the immersion.

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I enjoyed BF3.
That's strange, because BF3 had essentially the same unlock system.
The only difference in BF4 is, that shotguns, SMGs and pistols have their separate unlock trees and all the class specific gadgets are unlocked independently of the weapons at all. All weapon accessories have been moved to battlepacks.
That means, you will get a new type of gun faster, without getting any of the other things in between.

Speaking of unlock systems:
In the new BF Hardline you can use "money" (=your XP points) to purchase almost every weapon, gadget and accessory that you can afford, right from the start.
Only a handful of the better weapons are gradually made available in tiers, based on your rank.
And only 4 weapons are linked to assignments.

SuperJail Warden wrote:

BF2: Special Forces was probably the high point of the series.
That is the absolute truth.
BF2142 which came after that also had several nice new features that were never used in a later game (Titan mode, 3D spotting based on class gadgets, invisibility gadget,..).

A combination of these two games, with the modern Frostbite engine would be excellent.
I played BC2 and BF3 on PS3 and they played very well on that platform. I like health regeneration. It allows a faster pace to be kept since you don't have to go searching for a medpack every so often. BF3's unlock tree was quicker from what I remember and a lot more tolerable.

I bought the $40 all shortcut DLC pack. I figured this was the last battlefield I was going to buy and like hooking up with a girl your going to break up with, you might as well have a final good time before it happens. Well, never buy any of the shortcuts if you ever think about it. It will unlock all the guns EXCEPT the guns you get when you get by completing achievements. So I spent $40 and can't even get to use the DAO-12. Also, the guns that do get unlocked will not come with the accessories for that gun. So you will be given the F2000 but will have to still unlock the RDS etc with battlepacks. Stupid very stupid.

The only good thing is that Origin customer service gave me a refund in less than five minutes without a hassle. I'm angry at how the BF series was handled but as a platform I'm pretty sold on Origin. I'm going to go get the Origin humble bundle and play some Dragon Age.

Fuck EA for messing up the series and killing DICE. Thank you EA for creating an alternative to steam that has good customer service.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard