Yes, as a gamer I experience all of these problems75%75% - 161
Yes, as a gamer I only experience disconnects11%11% - 24
Yes, as a gamer I only experience crashes11%11% - 25
Yes, as a server owner I experience crashes0%0% - 2
Yes, I help oversee BF2 servers I experience crashes0%0% - 2
Total: 214
ECH
+50|6644|Some where near you
* Do you agree that there are problems using Patch 1.30?

Server crashing more?
Experience more disconnects then ever?

People over at the BF2 Forums in EAUK seem to also have this problem
http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.ph … 586#250586

Last edited by ECH (2006-05-27 14:31:09)

[GPIII]_Maj.Bong
+5|6626
Every time a patch is released there are some positive and negative things that come with it, But it seems every other server I enter I either get disconnected or it crashes.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6845|Reykjavík, Iceland.
All the time
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6741|Comber, Northern Ireland
yup i cant play any maps now, so my game is useless.....soooooo EA/DICE i want my money back
r0oki3
+13|6549
weener
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6711
where is the "No, I dont have any problems because you all have shitty computers" option?
» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6754
No problems here.....
Once in the entire 11 months the game stopped working, but thats it, never had any problems.
Jo Barf Creepy
+27|6561

david363 wrote:

yup i cant play any maps now, so my game is useless.....soooooo EA/DICE i want my money back
ROFL. Best of luck whiner.
Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6709|NL
If you are in the EU and play from holland andso on an UK server you can get connection problems.

That is my experience.
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6741|Comber, Northern Ireland

delta4bravo*nl* wrote:

No problems here.....
Once in the entire 11 months the game stopped working, but thats it, never had any problems.
i have had this pc for 9 months, its worked sweet until 1.3
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6653
I've noticed whenever the tickets of one of the sides reaches zero it pauses and says "there is a problem with your connection" and then goes to the normal scoreboard at the end as normal.
nev
+23|6588|Land of OZ
"there is a problem with your connection"  - about twice a round for 15 - 20 secs
"there is a problem with your connection" - about every second round for 30 + secs then booted
click on join game button and BF2 crashes every second login.

None of the above before 1.3

Game is almost unplayable.
jax
+12|6769
i have noticed this but on some severs it differs for instance on xtra severs everyone gets a problem with there conection at the same time and after this happens about 5 times the sever crashes.
On internode everyone gets a problem with their conection about 2 times a round but there are only ever a couple of disconections followed by a large bitch from both teams complaining about lag, wondering who else just got some major lag and how EA/Dice fucked up which i totaly agree with although i have to admit there are some bonuses to 1.3

Last edited by jax (2006-05-27 23:18:46)

rootbeer73
+24|6587|in a small dark place
continual connection probs and crashing to desktop.
Was fine until this patch
-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6795|South Cybertown, Texas
With BF2 as it was purchased, I had few, if any problems with crashes to desktop (CTD) and the odd graphics anomaly. Than with the 1.2 my system would CTD maybe once or twice a week. I also detected a few more graphic anomalies and some maps lagged even more than before. With 1.22 my system would CTD at least once and some times twice a day with the odd “Lost Connection To Server” (LCTS). More graphic anomalies were introduced and the lag stayed about the some for me (some reported more). With 1.3, my system CTD two out of three times I would connect to a game, which I improved to two to three time in 8 hours of gaming after the third re-install. The LCTS than replaced, CTD as the most aggravating problem and even more graphic anomalies were added.

I had defragged and updated all my drivers and bios prior to 1.3. My overall performance did improve, but than playing BF2 got worse after the 1.3 patch!

P.S.

I can play BF-1942, BF-Vet., HALO and CS-S without any problems at all!
oberst_enzian
+234|6744|melb.au
https://img161.imageshack.us/img161/2834/betafield7xi.jpg
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6575
Never had a single issue (other than my game play...erm...hehe) with bf2 untill this patch.  No point in b*tching and griping about it, they will fix it, or they won't.  As many of you know, its not the first time an EA publication has had problems after a patch, some serious problems, and some not.  Yeah I agree 1.3 has hatched a load of gremlins, but umm...its not the first time, and it wont be the last.  I'd prefer to direct my energies elsewhere as to b*tching on an otherwise usefull and somewhat entertaining forum such as this.  No point in it, its obvious EA/Dice are going to belch forth the patch/product and any fixes when they damn well please, and with content of their choosing.  To expect anything else is like expecting a western sunrise.
Bucephale
+5|6650|yes, Canada
Can't play anymore...Huge lag, even in SOLO Mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I have to uninstall, re-install every thing...Hope it will work...
Any idea of the sequence of the patch (patches) I need to download/install? And what about EuroForces i bought on line?Anyway I wrote to EA (:-(   to get this...
May be I will end up playing Tetris after EA answer..................
=|A mere Shadow|=
The Anarchist
+121|6628|Britain and Damn proud of it!
I keep crashing but only when im about to enter a server, if i click join to quickly after its loaded the damn thing crashes to desktop, so now i have to wait a couple of seconds for it to work.. and there is so much lag now...
KuriVaiM (EST)
+17|6754|Estonia
roll back to 1.22 patch?

https://img134.imageshack.us/img134/3738/screen0368vb.th.jpg

Last edited by KuriVaiM (EST) (2006-05-28 03:40:29)

xXSarnathXx
Decepticons forever!
+25|6610|Sweden
disconnects at least once every 3-4 rounds, none at all pre 1.3 and the same goes for my IRL friends who are playing. also increased lag, pre-patch i never experienced lag, now i get mad lag spikes very often. i got a high end comp, even tried going down to low graphics but it doesnt help >_<

=/
Jackabo
+127|6560|Dublin, Ireland
Sometimes it disconnects and when i do play i have loads a lag!!
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6566|Area 51

ECH wrote:

* Do you agree that there are problems using Patch 1.30?

Server crashing more?
Experience more disconnects then ever?

People over at the BF2 Forums in EAUK seem to also have this problem
http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.ph … 586#250586
Only disconnets, when servers crash, for some strange reason I havent got any crash problems, even though I dont have the worlds best PC
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6566|Area 51

.-^Jackabo^-. wrote:

Sometimes it disconnects and when i do play i have loads a lag!!
Yeah thats one thing I have aswell huge lagg, even whe my ping is only 20 and I have a FPS of 40..it still lagss..
w00stafa
Krylov Whore
+35|6560|AK101 Factory
The lag or "ice skating", which feels like packet loss; think early Half-life/Team fortress.

*Inserts the "never happened before 1.3" line*

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard