pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
Oh sorry I guess I didn't mean "changes in my lifting" I meant "changes in my body" as in I'm getting bigger. And that I should post my routine since it seems to be working for me in case anybody wants to use it or parts of it or whatev.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock

wah1188 wrote:

6 month lay off what you have, aids?
slew of.

I play a lot of sports over summer, and I had a few illnesses thrown in.

I'd get over one, get another.
avman633
+116|6334
I've been coming here for too long... When I first started BF2s, I didn't even lift. Now, my Bench is 225, Squat at 275, and Deadlift at 455.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3929|SL,UT

https://i.imgur.com/OoSILwg.jpg
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam
I have an oly lift competition this wednesday (casual open-door tournament after a 9-week course), but now I've got shoulder impingement, so I won't be lifting until the comp, on the day itself I'll pop 2 ibuprofen and not lift after that for 2 weeks.

Such is life
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
I've been two steps forward, two steps back this whole time. I get to a point where it's no longer a priority and then I let it slide for a month or two at a time.

Started back again once more, this time I'm not going to bust out reps for the sake of lifting the most weight, but instead focusing on perfect form and if I struggle with a rep and the form is average, that's the set.

So far so good. I'm in a good mental space with work and life so I'm making this a priority once more.
Adams_BJ
Im starting to get back into it as well, did a back and bi workout on Tuesday and still feeling it today. Maybe pushed it too hard, as I couldn't fully extend my arms until last night.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
My routine is pretty simple, same as before.

A: squats (3x5), bench press (3x8), bent over barbell rows (3x8)

B: deadlift (3x5), seated DB shoulder press (3x8), lat pulldowns (3x8)

Squats, I make sure to go deep.
Bench, I make sure to maintain correct form for every rep. If a rep is a little shonky because my strength is depleted, I'll end the set.
Rows, I make sure to pause briefly at the top and squeeze my shoulder blades together

Deadlifts, always maintain a straight back and use an 'explosive' (can't think of a more appropriate word right now) lifting style
Seated press, always make sure form is correct and shoulders pulled back
Lats, always make sure to not use extra momentum (ie. no using my bodyweight to assist) and bring the bar to touch my chest.

Overall I'm feeling good about it, and feel I'm using the weights more effectively.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
This is my girlfriend:

https://i.imgur.com/dOCQ8z4.gif
https://i.imgur.com/OidgA2p.gif
https://i.imgur.com/KuVSy0C.gif

(this is not my girlfriend)
Brasso
+1,549|6600

i've been doing tabata most days lately and i've had so much more energy than before
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Added an extra set and almost back to normal lifting weight.

Also DLs are now raw as my gym supplies chalk.

Last edited by Jaekus (2015-02-21 08:54:54)

avman633
+116|6334
Hit 245 for one on bench press, getting there
Adams_BJ
Got asked by a friend to train her, catch is she doesn't have a gym membership is it'll all be body weight stuff at a local park. I'll use as much as I can from what I can remember from sports training but was hoping you guys might be able to add some things I've forgotten. I'm gonna really focus on her eating though as weight loss is her main goal. So far I have in no real order;

Lunges
Lunge Jump
Calf Raise
Box Jump
Squats
Squat hold
Pull ups
Chin ups
Push ups
Burpees
Sprints
Donley Kicks
Prone walkout
Plank
Plank to pushup
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
get some of your trash for her to throw around like crossfit gyms do
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Have a read of this, I really dig Andy Morgan's work.

http://rippedbody.jp/faq/#bodyweight-home
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
4x5 120kg deads tonight, that's a bit of a milestone for me
Brasso
+1,549|6600

Jaekus wrote:

4x5 120kg deads tonight, that's a bit of a milestone for me
nice man. i love deads. i'm at 3x5 290 lbs and have been for a little while. i'm close to hitting 300 lbs but i don't want to push it too much cause i'm on a cut.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Ooh, I'm only 10kg behind you there with an extra set

Tonight I did 4x5 92.5 squats and it felt easier than 90kg did last week. 100kg squats for reps at proper depth (ie. parallel or lower) will be another major milestone for me, not long to go now!
Brasso
+1,549|6600

Jaekus wrote:

Ooh, I'm only 10kg behind you there with an extra set

Tonight I did 4x5 92.5 squats and it felt easier than 90kg did last week. 100kg squats for reps at proper depth (ie. parallel or lower) will be another major milestone for me, not long to go now!
3x5 265 lbs squats, ass to grass for me

but nice man, you'll be at two plates before you know it
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Yeah by end of April at the latest I'm aiming for
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
95kg squats, all deep.

Jess (girl who's going into a national powerlifting comp in six weeks) was doing sets of two reps at 130kg
Brasso
+1,549|6600

that's a lot for a girl i bet she could snap my dick in half
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Her 1RM on deads is 180kg. She said for the nationals next month she hopes for a 175kg squat.

She told me she's only been doing this for two years and when she started she could barely deadlift 50kg and squat 40kg.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Feeling tired and under the weather. Managed 4x5 130kg deads tonight

Also, second week in a row for 4x5 100kg squats. Staying at this weight to improve form as I have a tendency to lean forward for the really difficult reps. Once all sets are solid I'll up the weight again.

Last edited by Jaekus (2015-04-30 04:16:36)

Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
3x5 140kg deadlifts, boom!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard