pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
no

Oldest I have is pentium 2
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
Still have my regular wii, ps3, and 360 and barely touched any of them.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
give them to grandpa burnzy
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Steve-0 wrote:

because you have legal pot, you win this round.

i will retaliate with owning a 486 DX - you?
I think my ancient 286 is still sitting in my moms basement somewhere
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone

pirana6 wrote:

haven't had a console since the gamecube. beat that son.

edito: after careful research, I have concluded the ps2 came out before the gamecube. my bad.
Haven't had a console since the N64.
Didn't have a console before the N64.

Purebred PC master race.

Started gaming on a 286 running Xtree Gold and only had one fling with the N64 before concluding consoles are shit. Had some good times on the N64, but not enough to justify the exorbitant prices that is console gaming.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2015-01-01 22:15:57)

pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
If every game was made for every platform, PC would be the way to go, but you gotta have consoles for a few games. They're also more social. I play mario kart 64 and goldeneye 64 every couple of months. My buddy has an xbox and we play t-woo occasionally too. Multiplayer pc games aren't for parties.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

Steve-0 wrote:

because you have legal pot, you win this round.

i will retaliate with owning a 486 DX - you?
I think my ancient 286 is still sitting in my moms basement somewhere
My mom's original Mac is in my mom's basement, along with me.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone

pirana6 wrote:

If every game was made for every platform, PC would be the way to go, but you gotta have consoles for a few games. They're also more social. I play mario kart 64 and goldeneye 64 every couple of months. My buddy has an xbox and we play t-woo occasionally too. Multiplayer pc games aren't for parties.
That's all well and good except for a few things.

1. I'm no longer 15 and a lot of my mates have moved away, some overseas, others many hours drive away. Those that are around have jobs, girlfriends/families which making plans for everyone to go to someones house to play games more difficult and when everyone is available other activities usually take precedence. Which makes jumping online and teamspeak much easier as people can come and go as life dictates and you can keep in touch with distant friends. Sure this can be done on consoles these days, but why would you? The controls are worse the game experience is worse the games are subjectively worse, the costs are higher, if voice chat is unavailable communicating is impractical bordering on impossible.

2. The direction console gaming is going is away from split screen or single console mutliplayer to single player and online multiplayer. These days you are lucky to get 2 player offline games let alone 4 (or more).

3. Cost, not that I can't afford it. It's just the amount I would use a console I can't justify hundreds of dollars on the console, the controllers, the games, the extra cost of internet connection (which is a fucking joke btw), for what would amount to 5 maybe 10 uses a year.

4. There is nothing technically stopping couch multiplayer on computers. You can plug them into TVs (even multiscreen onto many) easily, you can connect multiple input devices including everything from Keyboard and mouse to controllers, joysticks, wheels, smart phones the list goes on. All that is missing are the developers to code games to use the freedom of what the computer offers.

TLDR: The only benefit to console gaming (imo) is that social aspect of couch multiplayer, but that aspect is being removed by many games, the practicalities of that happening in my life are few and far between. Meaning I can't personally justify the price for something I wont use and for which given the right development a computer can do better anyway.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2015-01-01 23:29:59)

pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
woah woah. this wasn't a personal attack, I was just saying in general consoles are more social

1. I'm not 15 either, and I rarely play consoles. and many of my friends are farther than down the block or down the hall (other side of the world "farther"). but like i said, every couple of months, those that are around, and are sitting in the same room, sometimes like to reminisce.

2. yes, but reminisce. screen watching and being an ass is always good for a larf cause then we just get drunk anyway.

3. I don't own consoles, my friends do so price is not an issue for me personally. They also don't buy brand new computers

4. My tv and my computer are in two separate rooms, that's the issue. In fact I don't know many people that have their pc tower within a cables-reach of their tv.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

DrunkFace wrote:

TLDR: The only benefit to console gaming (imo) is that social aspect of couch multiplayer, but that aspect is being removed by many games
You can have the same social aspect with Steam Big Screen and/or in-house streaming, without the need to actually plug a gaming PC directly to the TV.

The only reason for console gaming are each consoles exclusive franchises. Stuff like Mario, Zelda, Tekken, etc.
If you're a fan of those, and don't want to play (better) PC alternatives, then you're bound to consoles.

Speaking about exclusivity:
The PC platform has the most of them, including some of the most favourite and best selling games.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
PC gaming is a big time investment. Putting one together and troubleshooting it can be a pain in the ass if you aren't an enthusiast. If anything, consoles are better for older people who have less time to mess around with a PC because they are busy working and raising a family.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh

Last edited by coke (2015-01-02 07:29:11)

uziq
+492|3422
i'm glad that my perfect physical form will forever be emblazoned across bf2s's last ever EE chats.

a little weird to take it from my Facebook though.

i am glad to see the back of 2014.

happy new year all.

Last edited by uziq (2015-01-02 13:50:50)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
What was wrong with 2014?

It sucked for me but that's expected.
uziq
+492|3422
lost my 18 year old brother.

not a bumper crop.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

I'm using a console now to cure some boredom because I'm constantly traveling now, and they are a little easier to lug from hotel to hotel.

Sorry to hear that uzi.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
ps4 master race..when it works
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

My xbone is also my remote cable box.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3930|SL,UT

wow
a chats with Uzique's picture, a comment by Kmarion, and 45 posts already.

2015 is looking up . . .
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

not a bumper crop.
Sorry to hear that, what happened?
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

not a bumper crop.
Sorry to hear that, what happened?
he was the passenger in an off-road accident on his friend's private land. 18 year old driver got away unscathed. land rover defender left a woodland track at speed, overshot a corner, and went down over an embankment and into a tree. my brother's side took the whole damage - was crushed like a tin can. broke most of the major bones down his left side, lost all of his front teeth, ripped most of his face off, massive closed head brain injury (diffuse axonal injury - like schumi/bianchi). punctured both of his lungs and he suffocated over the space of about 20 minutes when he was trapped in the vehicle. suffered cardiac arrest and was dead when the air ambulance cut him out. shock paddled on the helicopter and revived, but had been dead for about 5-6 minutes (i.e. anoxic brain injury suffered as well as the trauma). got him to intensive care, hooked up on life support. 24 hours later he suffered a massive brain swell, as is expected as a reflex injury with head injuries of his sort. had to have a decompressive craniectomy (i.e. they took his whole skull off, as the intracranial pressure would have caused a massive herniation and certain death again).

that was last may. they brought him out of his induced coma 3 weeks after the accident, after having most of his major surgeries with bones, abdominal lacerations, and a lot of facial reconstruction. he plateauxed in a vegetative state rather than coming to, which is pretty consistent and expected with the large amount of inter-cranial bleeding, swelling, and then oxygen deprivation suffered in the crash. been keeping a bedside vigil for the last 7-8 months. we were told on xmas eve by his consultant that they are never expecting him to regain (minimal) consciousness, or to leave the plateau he is at on the bristol coma scale-- basically too much of his upper white matter was wiped out in the crash, and there's nothing to rehabilitate or switch back on. weirdly he still has perfect lower brain-stem functions, and his physical wounds have healed quite well, due to his age and fitness. so he wakes up, looks around, yawns, gurgles, coughs, sighs, all that lower-reflexive animal shit. sometimes even spontaneously cries. but there's simply nothing - or no one - there.

so yeah, 2014 sucked. now we're stuck in a 4-5 year legal battle with the kid's family, who are a bunch of very lawyered-up minor gentry. land rover defender had no license plates, no insurance, no tax - was declared SORN and was basically just a brand new vehicle they had to get around on their own land. police won't touch the case because it doesn't involve a highways offence and insurance companies are nowhere to be seen. my bro is just vegetating in a private home for the foreseeable future - at huge expense - and the other party won't accept any responsibility. 2014 sucked. he'll probably pass away from pneumonia or a routine ulcer/pressure sore that will progress into sepsis (which he has already survived twice before). still, even with that, 2015 can't possibly be any worse.

happy kwanzaa!

Last edited by uziq (2015-01-03 04:38:04)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Holy shit, very sorry to hear that Uzique.

I can't suggest any good personal injury lawyers, but I can give details of expensive and utterly useless ones......
No doubt you're well into tort, liability, vicarious liability etc. My only two bits of advice are you get what you pay for - if you're lucky - and its best to employ a lawyer from as far away as possible - or they'll likely be in bed with the opposition. That and it always ultimately comes down to the law, which may be shit, not right and wrong.

Welcome to a horrible fucking treadmill.
uziq
+492|3422
the one small upshot is the eu supreme court (funnily enough). a few months ago a near-identical case cropped up in germany, with a passenger left in a severe coma/vegetative state, needing life-long, full-time care. it went all the way to the top, beyond germany's jurisdiction, and the EU supreme court ruled that - obviously - there is a case to be made here. so we may have some recourse to that precedent in our own situation, which moves things along a little more easily (and can sometimes induce personal insurance companies to pay out and avoid the drawn out struggle). the lawsuit is going to be in excess of £4-5mill, though. it is going to be a sonofabitch.

i've done my time studying law, and i've got to say in all objectivity that this part of the legal system sucks a fat-one - especially from the point of view of (criminal) victim or (civil) plaintiff. for instance, the police not wanting to deal with the paperwork for motor-vehicle accidents that don't occur on the road - wtf? a vehicle is a lethal weapon when misused, either intentionally or recklessly. if someone was shot with a gun in a hunting accident on private land, they'd want to know. but if someone commits grievous harm behind the wheel, they wash their hands of it. it makes me feel ill, because there's no way you could fuck someone up as badly as my brother is fucked with a gun, or any other sort of 'weapon'. but it's almost like an area of legal immunity. 'misdemeanour' or 'accident'.

Last edited by uziq (2015-01-04 03:24:54)

The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6643|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Happy New Year Mutha Fuckers

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard