ShrpShoota
+2|6606|New Jersey
ok now this might be in the wrong forum so if it is I'm sorry.

my problem is that all of a sudden my wireless NIC is bugging out. it used to run flawlessly but now it'll be fine and then all of a sudden it slows down incredibly. when I'm playing bf2 my ping will be around 50 and the it shoots up to 900 at random times. My wireless router is pretty close to my computer and it always ran fine so that can't be the problem. also my computer is the only one running to so there is no other connection splitting bandwidth. does anyone know what could be wrong or what i could do to fix it? all help will be appreciated.
iCeMaN[USA]
+82|6622|Eastern USA
Maybe you have spyware.  Run a program like Ad-aware for a quick fix from spyware.  Also check the wiki for top 10 lag reduction tips. http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=22556
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6810

Is it secured? Passworded, restricted MAC access, anything to stop others from using your connection?
Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6607
here try this thread to disable the wireless zero configuration: Wireless zero configuration It works wonders for lag...
and also when in the game try and reduce the number of PB HD checks by pressing "end" or "`" and typing "pb_sleep 500" w/o quotations and then when youve typed that type "pb_writecfg" to save.

GL Andy
ShrpShoota
+2|6606|New Jersey

Coolbeano wrote:

Is it secured? Passworded, restricted MAC access, anything to stop others from using your connection?
yea its encyrpted.
ShrpShoota
+2|6606|New Jersey

c4_he_was_famous wrote:

here try this thread to disable the wireless zero configuration: Wireless zero configuration It works wonders for lag...
and also when in the game try and reduce the number of PB HD checks by pressing "end" or "`" and typing "pb_sleep 500" w/o quotations and then when youve typed that type "pb_writecfg" to save.

GL Andy
tried the zero config thing. it was already set to stop. ill try the pb thing later. right now my connection strength is good but its only running at 1mbps. i have 802.11b by the way. usually its running at 11 mbps.
Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6607

ShrpShoota wrote:

c4_he_was_famous wrote:

GL Andy
tried the zero config thing. it was already set to stop. ill try the pb thing later. right now my connection strength is good but its only running at 1mbps. i have 802.11b by the way. usually its running at 11 mbps.
oooh....theres ur prob then.....you should try and get a faster speed with a better router...try the 802.11g(i think its newer)my CREATIX 802.11g is at 54-24Mbps all the time....so if i wur you i wud update!
EDIT:wat is your bandwidth?

GL Andy

Last edited by c4_he_was_famous (2006-05-28 02:10:14)

ShrpShoota
+2|6606|New Jersey

c4_he_was_famous wrote:

ShrpShoota wrote:

c4_he_was_famous wrote:

GL Andy
oooh....theres ur prob then.....you should try and get a faster speed with a better router...try the 802.11g(i think its newer)my CREATIX 802.11g is at 54-24Mbps all the time....so if i wur you i wud update!
EDIT:wat is your bandwidth?

GL Andy
up until like 1 week ago my connection was fine. i would have a 30-50 ping in game even with someone else on the other computer. also im not sure on the bandwidth. would i have to ask my isp for that info?
KtotheIMMY
+513|6810
I'm running wireless too and the same kind of thing happens once in a while... the worst ping I had was 3000, and it had been perfect minutes before. I've just been blaming Time Warner Cable. Good luck nonetheless!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard