Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6767|Moscow, Russia

Jaekus wrote:

My MX Revolution is finally dying, now the mouse wheel won't work

I know it's no longer available, so what would be the nearest equivalent?
g700?
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5170|Sydney
What's the M950 like?
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6767|Moscow, Russia
never had a chance to try that one, always used g series. looks nice though.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
every. fucking. time. i have to check connectivity on someones computer

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3711
How big of an upgrade is a SSD compared to a normal hard drive? Will the performance difference be noticeable outside of gaming?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3951|SL,UT

SuperJail Warden wrote:

How big of an upgrade is a SSD compared to a normal hard drive? Will the performance difference be noticeable outside of gaming?
https://i.imgur.com/F0hzMrm.gif
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
buy the damn ssd feygit
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6315|Graz, Austria

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The POST of my ancient BIOS takes about 10 seconds, followed by about 2 seconds for Windows to boot.
If you have one of those new UEFI thingies, I think the booting will be pretty near instant desktop.

First world problem:
My HDD is now in sleep mode pretty much all the time, so whenever I open any Explorer interface (including save-as prompts) the HDD has to spin up to speed, which takes 2-3 seconds.

Last edited by globefish23 (2014-07-18 16:06:12)

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD
So if a computer isn't getting past the video BIOS on several different cards, would this mean a faulty motherboard?  I'm troubleshooting an older Dell for a sidejob and I'm a bit rusty so I'm just making sure before I tell them the computer's done.  It had a Radeon X300 and I put an 8600GT just to test it and it still only shows the video card BIOS, never even POSTs.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6701|England. Stoke
It certainly seem to suggest a mobo problem.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6559|NYC / Hamburg

It would suggest that, but it could also be RAM/CPU/ accessories problem. Reset BIOS, test each RAM stick individually, or even better with known working ram, unplug everything that isn't essential.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD
They just released a 64-bit version of Chrome.  Might have to try it out for a while, Firefox has been REALLY slow lately and I'm finding that Mozilla already took out everything I liked about Firefox already from the UI and made it suck pretending to be like Chrome
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6166|Sydney | ♥

One thing has always stopped me from moving to chrome, and that is my inability to relocate the bookmarks.

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29719/RRT%20%20TOOLBOX%20-%20Google%20Chrome_2014-08-28_14-36-26.png
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD
Yeah that part confused me a little bit too.  It brings up a bookmark bar when you open up a new tab but then that goes away once you actually go somewhere with the tab.

So far I like it much more than FF overall.  The only issue I have is I noticed it reloads and re-renders every single tab whenever you re-open it whereas FF only reloads the tab it was on when you saved & closed it and then every tab you move to, it will reload that one.  This would be an issue because I have an absurd amount of tabs that have accumulated in FF over time since my last reformat with W8 in December, but I probably should be managing my browser behavior better anyway.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
So I'm possibly in the market for a new comp. Just started looking at processors for now. In general it seems like AMD has the mid-range/cheaper processors while the i7's from Intel are better/more expensive.
Is that correct or am I missing something?

I haven't been in the PC market for years, and last time I was, AMD and Intel had comparable processors at all price ranges, but now it seems Intel controls the upper-tier.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD
Alls I know is I love my i7.  Never messed around with AMD and I don't really plan to.  And yes, Intel seems to be on top performance-wise.

I myself have the 4770K(built in December or I would've used the 4790K that just came out) and all the latest games seems to be more bogged down by my GTX 760
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6166|Sydney | ♥

So windows 10 tech preview came out today -

It's pretty good, one thing I particularly enjoy it if you snap a window to the side of your monitor, making it opupy half of your screen, then resize it... if you snap something to the other side, it will match the remaining size putting the other window into the equation.

I'd like to see this expanded to resizing about snapped windows at the same time.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD
Might change as they work on it or in a service pack.  The way they talked about it in the keynote, it sounded like it's currently a really early version.

I like the laptop/tablet mode switching a lot, this is how it should've been and I'm tempted to try it out on my ThinkPad X61 Tablet just to see what it's like but I think I'll just wait for the consumer preview.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
new computer parts get here today

i7-4790
MSI Z97 Gaming 7
16 GB 2400MHz
500 GB 850 Pro
+some other misc crap

Reusing old vid card but thats next to be replaced.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD
My friend is having trouble getting her photos off her SD card.  She bought an external card reader for her laptop and the SD card is coming up like a removable disk, and is blank inside when opened:

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/8171/IMG_0751.JPG

Is this how the card reader is supposed to come up as or is there something not installed?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/8171/IMG_0752.JPG

Sorry for the sideways pics, that's how BF2S accepted them when I uploaded them, these are the ones she texted me and I don't know for sure if there's any missing drivers or not for the card reader.  Does it need drivers or would it be a plug-in device on Windows 7?  Not sure what I should do to get this to work, and if I have to do it in person, I'd want to know ahead of time because she seems to want to set something up later in the day and that conflicts with my sleep schedule for night shift, I'd want to knock it all out quickly.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
Why is she in devices and printers? Tell her to go to Computer and see what's there.

Usually on windows 7 it's plug-and-play, and if not it will auto download the drivers to make it so. And since "Asia" can see that it is indeed a mass storage device instead of an "unrecognized device" I think it's good to go. She might also try on a mac to see if the photos show up there.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD
Anybody tried this HD Voice cellular stuff out yet?

AT&T recently enabled it in D.C. and most of Maryland, I used it to call my dad and it sounds incredible.  You can hear the difference between S and F and other commonly confused sounds clear as day now, nothing sounds fuzzy at all, it's like talking directly to him, that whole phone call feeling is gone.  It also doesn't take 2 or 3 seconds to set up the call now on the circuit-switched network once you answer, it's pretty much ready as soon as you answer it.

The only things that suck are that currently it's only between AT&T customers and only in certain areas where VoLTE is enabled on their network(I only ever call people in the Baltimore Washington Metropolitan area anyway) and their supported phone list is really small, just the two iPhone 6s and a couple brand new or lesser known Androids, the more popular Androids like the Galaxy S5 and the One M8 apparently need an update before they'll work with it on AT&T.  Verizon already does it nationwide supposedly but interoperability between them isn't till next year
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3711
Is there some way to stop flash from executing on some websites? CNN.com has autoplay videos on every article. Is there some way prevent flash from running on CNN without getting adblock or noscript? Thank you for the help.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
flashblock
CC-Marley
+407|6820
Need some help. I want to get a nice headset for gaming and listening to music. Rather not have wireless. I know there are many nice ones out there but any personal experience info is appreciated.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard