prototype
+52|6282
hey guys,

the last few weeks when I turn my system on my monitor doesnt come on, it has power, the power on light comes on and then blinks but nothing shows on the screen.

I have to soft boot and or hard boot my computer a few times before it works again.

This just started happening and only happens half the time when I first turn on my system

any suggestions would be greatly appriated
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6746|Moscow, Russia
does the computer actually boot up when the monitor does its "power on light comes on and then blinks"?
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
Try a different monitor with the same computer (if you can). And try the monitor on a different computer, or as an external with a laptop.

How old is the monitor? Some die after a while due to poor capacitors. Mine did but it was fixable.
prototype
+52|6282
the system seems to boot up like normal, the MB posts but the monitor light just blinks, I will try switching monitors like you said
Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6683|US
I had a similar issue. My monitor would come on after comp loaded into windows, then it just goes blank while still saying its on.

Hooked up a diff monitor, same cable, same port, works fine. Monitor died.

Last edited by Tdog2007 (2014-03-04 21:26:13)

Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6746|Moscow, Russia

prototype wrote:

the system seems to boot up like normal, the MB posts but the monitor light just blinks, I will try switching monitors like you said
i'm almost sure it's the monitor's power supply unit. is it internal or external? external you may be able just buy, internal, if it's fixable (as pirana6 said, usually leaky capacitors are the problem) would require some skills and you may have to find a special service for that.

in any case, try to find/borrow another monitor for a few days and check with that.

Last edited by Shahter (2014-03-04 23:07:56)

if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard