so rude
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6613|Little Bentcock
: ' (
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6096|eXtreme to the maX
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/q71/1654282_607432862677754_248604108_n.jpg
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
CC-Marley
+407|6819
gay
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6727|Oxferd Ohire
im not rude im australian
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Adams_BJ
And those bloody pom's EH M8S!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I assumed it was lebos trolling again
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6429|King Of The Islands

Should put a filter on them lebos.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Adams_BJ
eh m5
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Need a filter at Sydney airport
Adams_BJ
A pom filter eh BACK ON YA PLANE WANKAS
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
More like:

Are you a lebo?
Yes -> Back to Leboland
No -> Fuck off we're full
Adams_BJ
First smart thing you've ever said.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6502|Gold Coast

Cheez wrote:

Should put a filter on them lebos.
N O I C E
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6429|King Of The Islands

This guy gets it.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6727|Oxferd Ohire
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Adams_BJ
noice
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6655|NT, like Mick Dundee

Hey dudes... looking for serious input into something, requires some background, didn't want some of the more trollish members posting so it's in here. Can't go to FB either as my entire workplace and everything about it besides the name is covered under NDA. Shit you not.

So, I'm on 40k a year plus penalties. I drive 300+ km to and from work each week, costs about $100 in fuel with me shit car and fuel prices here. I can't afford to rent as the rental market has started hitting $500+ a week for something livable. Not nice, livable. Obviously not conducive to savings. I work my ass off at work, am intelligent, efficient and good at my job. I'm also the unofficial team leader. My own supervisor consults me on most of his decisions. All of this is known by management. Current workplace offers training, albiet through a pisspoor instructor, and only time allocated is after hours. I've been there for over 12 months now, with little acknowledgement of my efforts besides consecutive employee of the month awards. Many on staff are aware I am looking elsewhere to advance my career, and finances.

A job with the NT govt has come up doing almost the same shit with the same clientele for 58k MINIMUM per year. I've spoken to the head of the office the job is going in and been assured by her, plus 3 of her staff members, I'd have a good, good chance of winning one of the multiple positions going. The office is also within 10km, not almost 40km away.

I informed my boss I was applying due to financial pressures and would continue to look elsewhere until something better came up. He hit back with the expected "but you get a payrise once qualified" (to just over 50k a year).

An hour later he sent "what do you need to stay?", which I think means he spoke to the CEO and is a little worried....

And I'm honestly stuck at exactly what to do. I'm going to apply for the other job anyway. I think I'm also going to hit them up for a payrise of 15k a year minimum... and ask for another instructor for the training. Major issue I see in the future is there's very little room to hit management level in the current organisation (which is an NGO with govt funding) because they've filled the positions with people who are rather egotistical and mostly incompetent. Input from the more veteran members appreciated. No, not you Ben. Your advice is welcome but I probably will do the opposite of what you say because you're a fucking nutter.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Adams_BJ
I was going to say factor in the cost of travelling to and from work, rent, and then add that on to the starting pay of the government job as your minimum of you staying.

But fuck you.

e: Hell I'd ask for more considering there isn't much room for advancement.

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2014-02-13 01:41:45)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Economy is turning to shit, govt jobs are top of the pole.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busines … 824078316#
That's a pessimistic article, but may be true.

OTOH Once you've been in  a govt job its hard to get out, and you might find the bureaucracy and laziness irritating.
There's also that fat govt super, or fat govt super contributions to consider.

Generally I wouldn't inform a company I'm looking for another job until I have one in the bag, then you have some real leverage.
It would be reasonable to ask them to match the money and provide proper training - in return you'll do XYZ for them (that's you sweetening the deal "I'd really like to stay however...").
Your travel is your problem, I never get into that, employers just find it annoying.

There's not so much scope to get into management in anything these days, except govt, whole swathes of management levels have been chopped from so many areas. Govt may be next for the scything though.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Need the reference tbh Gilbert. Besides, it's that kind of organisation.

I'm thinking it might be worth while to jump ship. Or at least see if I can.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5169|Sydney
I've previously worked for an NGO for 4.5 years, with several management positions being open at various times. Almost always they hired someone from external recruitment rather than in-house. I think sometimes the senior management believe that someone from outside brings something "new" and "fresh" to the organisation with the hope that will further the program. It certainly wasn't always the case. That said those who actually did become qualified to apply for a management position (ie. those who earned a degree in psychology) tended to find another job one they finished uni, mainly so they could get an internship that paid for their supervision requirement to become fully qualified psychologists.

If I were you I'd go for the other job whilst bargaining with the one you currently have. Once you have both options laid out you'll be able to make a better informed decision. It's not just about payrises, it's also about skills learned, workplace culture and career progression.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Jaekus wrote:

If I were you I'd go for the other job whilst bargaining with the one you currently have. Once you have both options laid out you'll be able to make a better informed decision. It's not just about payrises, it's also about skills learned, workplace culture and career progression.
Currently canvassing friendly staff in the govt dept. I work closely with them in my current job.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6143|what

Soundwave lineup looks quite bonanza this year lads
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Adams_BJ
Cept no 'tallica

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard