Hanism
+0|6816
So I was playing on the BF2Gaming.net 24/7 karkand server earlier... and got banned under 5 minutes. Why? Apparently... the server is the home of Marrr, a sargeant major with a nack for spawn camping. I mean... this was all he did. Spawn camp... and spawm camp some more. I got upset and cursed at him. Bam! I'm banned. Horrah for the bullshit.
DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6789
I hate people like that.

Then again, if he wants to pay that amount of money a month just so he can camp in his own server, let him.  He isn't forcing me to go in it.
Be0w0lf2
+0|6764
Sticky bombs lobbed over the fence ruin APC spawn camping SOBs day.

Please people, don't complain, take action.  Engineers, and spec ops can cover the spawn camping positions.

Think, don't complain!
[RL]Tarasque
+0|6777|Trondheim, Norway

Be0w0lf2 wrote:

Please people, don't complain, take action.  Engineers, and spec ops can cover the spawn camping positions.

Think, don't complain!
sounds like you really tought about it, guess with this advice all campage stop's
Das_Capitolin
+0|6765|Reno, NV
Why would someone ever take action when they could complain about it here?  Gee, seems so counter-productive.

Seriously though, either turn the tables on a spawn camper and break his will to play the game, or just go to another server.  I like to inverse things a bit: protect a one-off base so well that the enemy keeps making the journey back there just to get revenge.  Almost as many kills, but everything is above board.
LordNader
+0|6805|Jupiter, FL
Hey you're right about spawn campers, they do suck...look on the bright side though, I'm glad they have better spawn locations AND don't have repair pads in BF2, anybody remember those vicious spawn campers in DC who'd park a bradley or abrams on a repair pad in your main base and just blow the crap out of anyone who'd spawn? *Shivers* still haunts me in my nightmares.
One thing though, if the server has rules against cursing/swearing, then you were in violation of those rules.
dsb
+0|6788

LordNader wrote:

Hey you're right about spawn campers, they do suck...look on the bright side though, I'm glad they have better spawn locations AND don't have repair pads in BF2, anybody remember those vicious spawn campers in DC who'd park a bradley or abrams on a repair pad in your main base and just blow the crap out of anyone who'd spawn? *Shivers* still haunts me in my nightmares.
One thing though, if the server has rules against cursing/swearing, then you were in violation of those rules.
No repair pads, but there are supply drops....just the other day on a Karkand server, there was a tank in the MEC Gatehouse area, around the corner with a supply crate...any time you stuck him with some rockets he'd retreat and repair...

Had he had some troops with him trying to cap the flag that'd be one thing...he was just being a big girl (no offense) about it...eventually I got him b/c truth be told he sucked...which i guess is why he spawn camps to begin with...

This is him....  Not only a lamer but a bit of a tank-whore as well....4800+ of 5800+ kills while in armor.

UPDATE: I should clarify - I don't hold the "tank whoring" against him...its there to use...I think I'm going to stop using the phrase _____ whore...

Last edited by dsb (2005-10-31 13:59:08)

The_Time
+-2|6803|California

Be0w0lf2 wrote:

Think, don't complain!
Good in theory but when their spawn camping like that you rarely ever live long enough to do so, seeing as they keep targeting where you spawn not just hanging out at the flag. I played kubra dam the other day and the opposing team capped all but the flag that is northeast of the mec airbase and decided to just hang out there with several pieces of armor and a helo......what could we do we were dead within 4 seconds everytime. I just find it aggrivating that i pay $50 and i cant even enjoy the game i want to half of the time, but there really isnt anything i could do about it except maybe rent a server.
dsb
+0|6788

The_Time wrote:

Good in theory but when their spawn camping like that you rarely ever live long enough to do so, seeing as they keep targeting where you spawn not just hanging out at the flag.
Exactly...if they were at the flag at least it'd show they were trying to cap it...still annoying but completely necessary to fulfill their objective...
Tegerian
+0|6781

Be0w0lf2 wrote:

Think, don't complain!
Fighting back is very good advice, gotten some of my best kill streaks taking out squads of baserapers in uncapturable bases.  But, this is the "Complaint" forum, so for any of you who wonder why people come here to complain or vent, that would be the reason.   If you don't like complaints then dont read them, how easy is that?
Lawk
+2|6785

dsb wrote:

LordNader wrote:

No repair pads, but there are supply drops....just the other day on a Karkand server, there was a tank in the MEC Gatehouse area, around the corner with a supply crate...any time you stuck him with some rockets he'd retreat and repair...

Had he had some troops with him trying to cap the flag that'd be one thing...he was just being a big girl (no offense) about it...eventually I got him b/c truth be told he sucked...which i guess is why he spawn camps to begin with...

This is him....  Not only a lamer but a bit of a tank-whore as well....4800+ of 5800+ kills while in armor.
The guy in the tank has the right idea.  Its a good tactic to use a supply crate like that, but you defended yourself and overcame the "camper", didnt you.  Good job.

Last edited by Lawk (2005-10-31 13:22:02)

dsb
+0|6788

Lawk wrote:

The guy in the tank has the right idea.  Its a good tactic to use a supply crate like that, but you defended yourself and overcame the "camper", didnt you.  Good job.
I agree with you that its a good tactic...but by definition if it were a tactic then there would've been some effort to cap the flag...he was making none...that's why I think he's a spawn camper...he coulda sat there for 4 hours for all I cared, if there was some kind of sign that he was a part of a push to cap the flag...

but I see your point about overcoming as well...
RadeonII
+1|6786
theres a way around the curse/kick too     youfuckingasshole  will not get you auto/kicked  lol but if an admin sees it he might  lol  ive noticed if you run your cussing into one word you dont get warned is that an exploit ?
dsb
+0|6788

RadeonII wrote:

theres a way around the curse/kick too     youfuckingasshole  will not get you auto/kicked  lol but if an admin sees it he might  lol  ive noticed if you run your cussing into one word you dont get warned is that an exploit ?
it basically means that the matching engine is fairly primitive and isn't scanning large strings for offensive substrings...it has to match the word exactly including the beginning and end (aka word boundaries).
Lawk
+2|6785

dsb wrote:

Lawk wrote:

I agree with you that its a good tactic...but by definition if it were a tactic then there would've been some effort to cap the flag...he was making none...that's why I think he's a spawn camper...he coulda sat there for 4 hours for all I cared, if there was some kind of sign that he was a part of a push to cap the flag...

but I see your point about overcoming as well...
Well, a tactic is an expedient for achieving a goal and that goal si defined by the unit performing the maneuver.  If his goal was to contain you at the flag untill reinforcing units arrived to capture said flag, I would say he was doing a good job of that until you throttled him.  If hsi goal was to cap the flag himself, he was doing a poor job of that.  Otherwise you have no idea what his goal was.

Last edited by Lawk (2005-10-31 15:18:26)

beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6797

Be0w0lf2 wrote:

Think, don't complain!
Uhm.. this -is- the complain forum.
slidero
Solution: Don't play on 24/7 karkand servers.
Galen1066
+1|6771|Colo. Springs
What really pisses me off is the servers you go to that actually say spawn camping will get you banned and low and behold thats all you find, so I tried it and actually got a warning from an admin saying what I was doing was not permitted, I said alright, then run it fair and he shut-up. oh well what can you do?
Sventrumpet
+0|6764
I want to be a well rounded player and I needed to boost my assult class score.  So I started to use the m203 and apparently, I am good at it because the admin told me to stop using it.  I asked him why and he said.... well dont just use the m203.  I then got kicked because I was like 20 and 10 which isnt that great of a score but the m203 did it.  Anyway, whats up with this?
thinner44
+1|6820
Spawn campers and supply crates...... easiest target, the supply crate, take that out first, then the spawn camper... They soon get fed up. Or as someone else said, "go to a different server", works for me
The_Time
+-2|6803|California

beeng wrote:

Be0w0lf2 wrote:

Think, don't complain!
Uhm.. this -is- the complain forum.
its been covered lol, sorry if i missed you hearing this by not reading the rest of this post ( i got bored)
GB619
+0|6853
All u do is spawn camp yourself,or just leave the server and tell the world,there are lots of servers now that allow cheaters to play,and these are ranked one's,my advice get the xtra maps and play unranked servers then you will see ppl play the game proper
OnBoyce
+3|6837|Montreal, QC

thinner44 wrote:

Spawn campers and supply crates...... easiest target, the supply crate, take that out first, then the spawn camper... They soon get fed up. Or as someone else said, "go to a different server", works for me
Right on... The first thing you should do is get rid of the supply crate with a rocket. The vehicle is vulnerable after that. And even if you die tryin to destroy it, you spot it on the map and other teammates will come and destroy it! Its a good thing to move with a support and a medic... Infinite ammo for the AA and chances to get revived if he gets killed. Tough team!
wilks2005
+1|6763
Can't remeber what the map is called but its the one where USMC controls majority, Tv station, Construction yard. Tons of snipers camp on the roofs above the Command Trailer. easiest thing to do is sneak around, climb up and knife them. Hide out and wait until they return to camp, knife again and get your badge.
Necromantic
+1|6762
I've said this ever since Battlefield 1942. Don't bitch about campers, cuz you know where to find the person camping. All the flags are capped I'm not waiting for people to come to me. I'll be the first to go to the uncappable base. Destroy vehicles and kill all who I see.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard