eusgen
Nugget
+402|6763|Jupiter
I want to hook up 2 DVI and one HDMI screen to my computer, what is the best card for this? I know Nvidia cards only work with 2 monitors unless they have 2 GPUs correct?
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
Does it HAVE to be a single-gpu card? And does it HAVE to be AMD? As far as I can tell, you're probably looking to spend $200 minimum.

Newegg > Computer Hardware > Video Cards > Power Search > (2)DVI , (2)HDMI
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya
It depends whether you're talking about running 3 monitors for normal tasks (web browsing/editing/movies/spredsheets/whatever else) or if you're actually talking about gaming across 3 monitors.

It used to be the case that only AMD could do 3+ monitor gaming on a single card (eyefinitity), but if I remember correctly Nvidia cards can now do 3+ monitor gaming on a single card as well.

If it's for gaming you're going to need a seriously powerful card, if it's just for general use (and maybe gaming on a single monitor) then any mid-range AMD or Nvidia card (GTX6xx or GTX7xx series) will do the job.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3930|SL,UT

i'm running a radeon hd 7800, and just took down the 3rd monitor.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6814150641

2gb, $169 i'm sure there's better out there. the ram is nice, that's what i was looking for at the time (for photoshop).

welcome back, nugget.
Brasso
+1,549|6601

Steve-0 wrote:

i'm running a radeon hd 7800, and just took down the 3rd monitor.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6814150641

2gb, $169 i'm sure there's better out there. the ram is nice, that's what i was looking for at the time (for photoshop).

welcome back, nugget.
that's the same model card i'm using (but different brand) and i love it. with mine you actually need an active minidisplayport adapter for the last 2 ports though.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard