gurdeep
­
+812|4746|proll­y
ok so i was using my 28" monitor for a while with no problems. it was connected to my macbook with a mini display to hdmi cable. a couple months ago, i unplugged the cable from the monitor to connect to my tv. when i went to plug it back into the monitor, it would no longer detect a signal. the monitor worked fine with vga in my friend's computer, so i, for some reason, figured that i somehow broke the hdmi port on the monitor when i unplugged it and didn't mess with it anymore. idk why i didn't try another hdmi cable with it on another computer

i started using my old 25" monitor and basically just forgot about it until today when i let my friend use my 28" monitor with his laptop. when he plugged it in with his normal hdmi cable, it worked fine on his computer. i tried plugging it in to mine again, and it still can't detect a signal. wtf is going on here? any help is greatly appreciated because using a 28" is 350x better than using a 25". thanks
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
can you cycle through the inputs on the monitor to make sure you're on hdmi? can you try a different monitor with your hdmi cord and port on computer?
gurdeep
­
+812|4746|proll­y
the monitor only has vga and hdmi, and yeah ive tried cycling them. i am currently using another monitor with my hdmi > mini display cable. my mac doesnt have an hdmi port, only thunderbolt/hdmi
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
so you've replaced only the monitor and that works, and you've replaced everything but the computer and it works with other computer, just not the combo of your computer and that monitor?
gurdeep
­
+812|4746|proll­y
yup
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX
You haven't inadvertently switched off HDMI on your computer for that monitor?
Some devices need their HDMI output manually enabled, if you've disabled it that might be it.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
gurdeep
­
+812|4746|proll­y
idk how i would even do that. i just got a new cable, and it still wont work on my 28" monitor. wtfffffff
gurdeep
­
+812|4746|proll­y
i also tried it on my friends macbook and it doesnt work for his either. just blows my mind because it worked 100% fine for a year and now it wont work at all
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
wait the monitor doesn't work at all now?
gurdeep
­
+812|4746|proll­y
it works on windows laptops
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6140|'straya
Does the monitor display if you boot the mac into safe mode?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard