Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6611|Little Bentcock
On sale for 25% off Steam. Really enjoying it. I wouldn't say it's any better with any of the other titles, but on par. As polished as Shogun 2 graphic and interface wise. Provincial system is good and bad. Still a few issues to sort out (lock ups mostly) but shouldn't take long with weekly patches. I'd recommend it.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6760|PNW

What bothers me about the progression of Total War is they still haven't really addressed the awkwardness of formations themselves. Controlling and organizing them is about as micro and inorganic as it gets. You know all the signalling you see in ancient war docs? Yeah, it'll never come into play in Total War. And when enemy formations actually collide, that's when the real nonsense starts. I love how an entire cavalry still stops on a dime and twitches in place in perfect sync after sinking a few measly meters into enemy infantry.

There's really no excuse for it after all this time. Even taking it at arcade value, there are still too many issues that kick me right out of immersion. I shelved it and started another Rome 1 campaign, where at least they were honest with the limitations of the day.
jord
+2,382|6667|The North, beyond the wall.
Yes I have it and yes I'm better than you at it.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6611|Little Bentcock
I'll take you both on

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard