BVC
+325|6697
I've walked an ex-police dog once, best behaved dog I've ever had the pleasure of walking. Very obedient, you point at something & he went for it.  The best part was though, he kept human walking pace the entire time.

Last edited by BVC (2013-11-09 02:00:14)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

Adams_BJ wrote:

Say yes officer, no officer, go on your way. Tyranny.
it's kind of sad you think that's normal
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

coke wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I've saw a checkpoint video where the handler points to a part on the vehicle and the dog scratches that part and barks. The LEOs then claim the dog alerted them so they had an excuse to search the video.

This is the world we live in. There will always be injustices and people abusing the system. Not really much we can do about it.
That's how dog handlers work. They will point to an area to make sure the dog check's it. The dog will check it and should only alert if it detects something. There is nothing untoward about a dog handler pointing at an area to search.
It's been proven that drug dogs have very high false alert rates, and that the primary cause is the handler 'leading' the dog in that very way.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6744|Reality
They don't keep drug dog performance stats.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Stubbee wrote:

They don't keep drug dog performance stats.
With a pretty good dog, but a largely innocent population, a dog alert
will signal drugs only about sixteen percent of the time. The reason is this:
Because the officer is stopping mostly innocent people, one has to be more
concerned about the false positive error (alerting when there are no drugs).
Because there are more cars without drugs in them, the gross number of
searches that result from the error rate will be higher than the gross number
of searches that result from correct alerts. Overall, there will be many more
searches of innocent people than there will be searches of guilty people.
http://www.georgemasonlawreview.org/doc/14-1_Myers.pdf
-Frederick Bastiat
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6710|England. Stoke
Proven by whom?
Half the time false alerts will be because there was something there, which is no longer present. Or from transfer.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

coke wrote:

Proven by whom?
Half the time false alerts will be because there was something there, which is no longer present. Or from transfer.
Or from the handler giving cues to the dog that he wants something found, even if it is subconcious.
-Frederick Bastiat
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6710|England. Stoke

Jay wrote:

coke wrote:

Proven by whom?
Or from the handler giving cues to the dog that he wants something found, even if it is subconcious.
And is this happens repeatedly questions of the dog's ability start to be asked and it gets shit binned.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5475|Ventura, California
Then I'm not sure what happened. Either the dog did whatever it's supposed to in case of detection and was wrong, or the officers just used the dog jumping up there and checking it as an excuse to search the guy.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6710|England. Stoke
For me an indication from a drug detection dog, is more than enough "probable cause" to carry out a search...
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

coke wrote:

For me an indication from a drug detection dog, is more than enough "probable cause" to carry out a search...
A 16% positive rate is good enough for you? Might as well take a random sample.
-Frederick Bastiat
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6624|Little Bentcock

Jay wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Say yes officer, no officer, go on your way. Tyranny.
it's kind of sad you think that's normal
I never said not was normal, its just not tyranny.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard