alexace
+0|6749|Roanoke, VA
what about this, you could take a big jet(c-17) make it an uncapturable spawn piont for usmc and have it flying all over the battle field, and you could just jump out and paradrop down to the battlefield like airborne troops     it could eliminate baserape :0   wat do you think about this?

Last edited by alexace (2005-10-27 13:03:37)

Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6766|NRW,Germany
Like the Spectre in DC? Would be nice but the pilot of this plane would be flying wild maneuvers all the time because enemy jets had only one target in mind... ^^
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6774|The Hague, Holland
+ the fact enemy Troop carrieng choppers will simply fly near the The spawn-plane and mow down ppl who try to jump . Of course this can be stopped with putting machineguns on the spawn-plane but still.. Good idea tho
[RL]Tarasque
+0|6758|Trondheim, Norway
Spawn plane would be a npc driven air veicle summoned by the commander perhaps. naaah thats to crazy
MattCicioni
+1|6821|Arizona
I think they could just have a map where one team just constantly spawns really high in the air (like the map limit without punish).  would look funny as hell.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6798|The planet Tophet
or a c-130 to drop supplies like fly really low and drop out of back supplies!!
alexace
+0|6749|Roanoke, VA
the idea would be that it could not be shot down. and it would be circling the map automaticcally so that a chopper could not rape it dead
M90Medic
Wiki Contributor
+2|6746|Medicland, sthlm

alexace wrote:

the idea would be that it could not be shot down. and it would be circling the map automaticcally so that a chopper could not rape it dead
That's an interesting idea. Basically a circling spawnpoint, so an assaulting team can vary their spawns a bit. The invulnerability thing may be a bit unrealistic, but then again, paradropping soldiers are all the more vulnerable, which is a nifty tradeoff.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6752
It shouldnt be invulnerable but still quite strong. Perhaps 10 missiles to take it down. Then another would appear in 5 minutes.
BlackJackBob
+2|6746|Canada
how about meeting this idea halfway.. and just making it so that you can spawn on your squad leader while he's in the air (parachute) . It should spawn you into a freefall, and you have to pull your chute or die.

I never understood why we can't spawn on someone just because they're in the air
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6825

BlackJackBob wrote:

how about meeting this idea halfway.. and just making it so that you can spawn on your squad leader while he's in the air (parachute) . It should spawn you into a freefall, and you have to pull your chute or die.

I never understood why we can't spawn on someone just because they're in the air
because if you happen to spawn before you can pull your chute(which would happen eventually) you'd go *SPLAT* and everyone would be in the complain section making 50000 topics about "WAH I KEEP SPAWNING ON MY SQUAD LEADER AND SPLATTING ON THE GROUND! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHEN HE IS PARACHUTING? THIS RUINS THE GAME F*** YOU EA FOR MAKING THE MOST STUPID THING YET!"
theburritos
+0|6746|Orange County
it wouldnt work becuase people could just wait on the ground with an AA vehicle and then shoot you while you are parachuting.
Snoogans84
+1|6750
Plus they would have to fix it so that pressing '9' actually deployed your parachute every time
Dizazter
Crazy has a mind of its own
+0|6812
I think its a cool idea, definately make the plane strong but not invulnerable. And keep in mind you can freefall for a long time before you need to hit the shoot. Maybe allow it to fly higher than jets, or give it good defenses, guns, flares, missiles, etc.
DesertEagle357
Attends Shock Paddlers Anonymous
+1|6785
And have people be able to man the defenses...ooo maybe even have commander assets on it? and it would open up for a NEW commander asset....Carpet Bomb...think about it...you're standing at your base. Shadow overhead...you look up.."reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"..............................BABOOSH!@_@

carpet bombed...
The_Time
+-2|6783|California
ya maybe it takes 2-3 tv missles to take it down preferrably 3 because it only takes 2 tv's to drop an asset.
alexace
+0|6749|Roanoke, VA
people could not really go crazy with a AA vehicle because there would have to be like 6 AA vehicles to cover the whole map
<DG>Horus247
+0|6829|United Kingdom
how about taking elements of all the suggestions and on certain maps that do not have helicopters/jets, there could be the American troops whose sole permament spawn point is the circling troop carrying aircraft. by capturing ground flags, they establish a ground base. But i would envisage that this means that all American troops can parachute down on to any or all flags, so using the Gulf of Oman idea, the troop plane could circle only on the first line of defense flags, so that in order to capture the others, you must first capture the first line. this would resolve the issue/debate of the game balance.

Its worth pointing out that this idea would also make a point of the airborne ribbon, that seems fairly pointless to me, as in order to earn it i found that i had to actually TRY and obtain it. ie - fly a jet up above 500 feet and jump out, open chute and glide cheerfully down to the ground again.

Paratroopers wouldnt unsettle the game balance though. most of the time a defense will kill a few of them on the way down, but as long as a squad leader survives, spawning on him shouldnt be a problem.
what bf2 hasnt shown us yet is different weather types or indeed darker skies. now a parachute drop in the evening would in some order make the skies more difficult to scan......
lt.lockz
+1|6745
i like this idea.... man this game has me watchin the military channel =o and i saw a special on paratroops i think this would be a great addition. imagine gettin dropped behind enemy lines... ahhhhhh bf special forces where are you?? *sigh*
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6752

Snoogans84 wrote:

Plus they would have to fix it so that pressing '9' actually deployed your parachute every time
The trick is to wait til the gun disspaears from your screen. Or, just keep tapping 9. However, if you drop from high enough you can hit 9 from about 15 feet up and still land.

Might interest some, the highest possible height is 5000m.
nzjafa
+2|6757
i reckon it would be good provided the was no pilot and it just made a automated loop of the battlefield which took about a minute or so. that way some poor guy wouldnt have to bore his ass off flying the thing.
Sleepkever
+0|6764

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

BlackJackBob wrote:

because if you happen to spawn before you can pull your chute(which would happen eventually) you'd go *SPLAT* and everyone would be in the complain section making 50000 topics about "WAH I KEEP SPAWNING ON MY SQUAD LEADER AND SPLATTING ON THE GROUND! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHEN HE IS PARACHUTING? THIS RUINS THE GAME F*** YOU EA FOR MAKING THE MOST STUPID THING YET!"
can you actualy spawn on the leader when he is in flight? or wil his spawn point be red like when he is in a full tank

does anyone know that?
Swiftekho
+0|6744
Seems a lot like the US SEALS/British SAS which will be coming out in the expansion...
alexace
+0|6749|Roanoke, VA
and the spetsnaz!!11!1!!11!1
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6740|Mark it zero.
How about making a plane that you can load like 10+ people into and have a pilot and take off like a normal plane to parachute out of?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard