pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
It's dumb but is there a better idea? The police are already going after the person for their personal actions but schools need to crack down on their own people (Joe Pa knew and didn't do shit because he wanted to protect his football team. this is NOT okay) so they learn it's not acceptable to do things. Ohio State recruited people by giving them extra shit, a practice that's not legal in NCAA terms, you have to punish someone right?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
I dunno, I just think it's stupid that there is currently an undefeated team that is locked out of the BCS because some former players traded gear for cash and tattoos. Fines aren't the answer either, because that comes out in fees paid by the student body. Maybe the NCAA shouldn't make things 'illegal' that aren't actually criminal offenses? That's the real solution, but then they'd have to pay the players.

Last edited by Jay (2012-11-19 19:26:39)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6380|'Murka

pirana6 wrote:

It's dumb but is there a better idea? The police are already going after the person for their personal actions but schools need to crack down on their own people (Joe Pa knew and didn't do shit because he wanted to protect his football team. this is NOT okay) so they learn it's not acceptable to do things. Ohio State recruited people by giving them extra shit, a practice that's not legal in NCAA terms, you have to punish someone right?
Punish the person, not the program. NCAA could make it a mandatory agreement clause in signing documents and all contracts for staff who have anything to do with the athletic program.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.

pirana6 wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

If the title game ends up being Bama vs Notre Dame I'm gonna burn the NCAA headquarters down. The people that rank ND 2nd need to be corralled into a large pit and shot.
https://l.yimg.com/ck/image/A9314/931409/300_931409.jpg

edito: just so the whiny fbi doesn't come knocking: no you idiots i don't plan to burn anything down i just think it's stupid that ND, a team that can barely hang on in most of its games - some of which are vs unranked teams - gets into the championship. Alabama is the most boring team in the history of sports but at least they deserve to be there. When the game gets a whopping 11 viewers on the 7th the dumbfucks at the NCAA will realize why they're doing a playoff next year and circle jerk themselves to happiness because coincidentally, the one thing they care about is money, and the ridiculous amount they'll be losing on the Championship game this year is going to be made up next year with a playoff system.

Last edited by pirana6 (2012-12-03 08:46:31)

FEOS
+1,182|6380|'Murka

pirana6 wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

If the title game ends up being Bama vs Notre Dame I'm gonna burn the NCAA headquarters down. The people that rank ND 2nd need to be corralled into a large pit and shot.

edito: just so the whiny fbi doesn't come knocking: no you idiots i don't plan to burn anything down i just think it's stupid that ND, a team that can barely hang on in most of its games - some of which are vs unranked teams - gets into the championship. Alabama is the most boring team in the history of sports but at least they deserve to be there. When the game gets a whopping 11 viewers on the 7th the dumbfucks at the NCAA will realize why they're doing a playoff next year and circle jerk themselves to happiness because coincidentally, the one thing they care about is money, and the ridiculous amount they'll be losing on the Championship game this year is going to be made up next year with a playoff system.
It'll be sold out.

And Alabama and Notre Dame have two of the largest and most loyal fan bases in the country, due to the huge tradition at both schools.

On a personal note, I'm looking for a way both teams can lose...
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

if notre dame wins, the school to the south will stay independent, and if they ever get anywhere in the bcs that would really suck.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.

FEOS wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

...buncha crap about college football...
It'll be sold out.

And Alabama and Notre Dame have two of the largest and most loyal fan bases in the country, due to the huge tradition at both schools.

On a personal note, I'm looking for a way both teams can lose...
Well yeah i was being a little facetious about the 11 viewers... it'll obviously be sold out and have an enormous # of viewers. Sadly, it won't spark the "new school" media jump that NCAA people would probably like with which to get a metric shit-ton of viewers.

And yes they have large fan bases, but for the same reason the Yankees and the Cowboys do....

fuckin stupid imo. but then again i'm a bitter bitter man.
FEOS
+1,182|6380|'Murka

As am I. My team got displaced from a BCS bowl by a crap pseudo-Div 1 school that will get absolutely destroyed in the Sugar Bowl.
― Albert Einstein

pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
21-0 with 9 minutes left in the half.

Did anyone honestly think ND had a chance? It's kinda sad.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
hmmm... +2 respect points for ND.

The coach was humble and giving credit to an alabama team at halftime interviews rather than being pissed off or bitter about the 28-0 score.
CC-Marley
+407|6798
mercy rule needed
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
glad i didnt watch
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
Go cougs
#1 ranking on monday prolly
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3929|SL,UT

13urnzz wrote:

f
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21025/ss/byu_utah_panties.gif
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
Scratch[USA]
+105|6517
Close enough for government work....
Couple big games this week that could tell us who will be in the title game.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
Oregon beats Standford in a revenge game

OK beats Baylor in a (small) upset

no more upsets this week however Auburn wins out (including Alabama, and SEC title) to give us a rematch of the Champ game from 2010 2011

book it

edito: sorry 2011 BCS game from 2010 season

Last edited by pirana6 (2013-11-06 16:31:00)

Steve-0
+214|3929|SL,UT

even utah beat stanford - be careful going out on a limb there

i think the next 2 weeks games will lock up the title game match up.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
welp. i was wrong.
Steve-0
+214|3929|SL,UT

Good-bye, Head Ball Coach, we barely knew ya. Too bad your last home game was away (due to climate change).

in other knews, A Team West Of The Mississippi Climbs into the top 4, and SoCal fired a durink . ..
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.

pirana6 wrote:

no more upsets this week however Auburn wins out (including Alabama, and SEC title)
Did I predict that Iron bowl upset? And the SEC title? Damn I'm good.

Burnzz wrote:

in other knews, A Team West Of The Mississippi Climbs into the top 4, and SoCal fired a durink . ..
Go Utah! Rep the Pac in the finals I hope!
Steve-0
+214|3929|SL,UT

so - utah is top 3, and minus 6.5 against SC.

i stopped in Vegas and put money on Utah, because fuck the rankings.

https://i.imgur.com/q7QrXQz.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
hope it wasnt much
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
Poor Brits have to watch the Jaguars every season. This game looks like a high school game.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard