pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
http://www.kickstarter.com/

From time to time I'll see something on kickstarter that seems like a good idea but I've never actually given money.

Has anybody on here invested in anything? Was the process fairly seamless? What happened next?
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

I've backed 15 so far:
6 I've received- 2 are awesome, 3 are pretty cool. 1 of them not so much.
9 others - 2 I've waited close to a year, 5 should be delivered in the next month or two, last 2 aren't expected until next year.

It's been pretty smooth other than the 2 that I've basically accepted as a loss since they're eternally delayed. Just see how well the creator communicates in updates and comments and you should be pretty safe.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
Do you think the two that you're writing off as losses were scams or did the "thing" just fall through? Are you going to make an attempt to get your money back?

Some of the stuff looks really cool but I just don't want to give someone money when I may never see it again. I guess that's just about the definition of investing though isn't it?
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

You can't really make an attempt since you're funding their process of creation, not paying for a product. One has just had technical delays and I believe it'll happen... the other I really don't know. Don't really care though since it was under $20.

It's worth trying, especially for some of these really interesting products. You can get over 50% off their retail value for quite a few.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney
I got a polaroid clip-on lens for my iPhone 5 for a dollar, with free shipping from the US. That was for the first 100 backers. After that anyone else had to back a minimum of $30 for it, with free shipping, as it was retailing at $40.

It was not on track to reach the target of $10,000. However, sitting on $6,000 with one hour to go someone (most obviously the creators) chipped in $4,000 to ensure it reached the $10,000 threshold. Took a few months but the clip arrived eventually.
Brasso
+1,549|6601

i funded Darkwood on Indiegogo which is a similar platform for indie games: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/darkwood
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6746|Moscow, Russia
i backed this, because ps:t is my personal best game evar. don't really read much news on the progress of that project - mainly to dodge the spoilers - but what i've seen looks promising.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
Star Citizen. But that was after it got to it's goal.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6723|Toronto, ON
I funded Moby the Card Game and Guild Hunters (a board game).
Alpha as fuck.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6688|Riva, MD
Thinking about funding Star Citizen, but not sure yet.  I also considered contributing toward the Planescape Torment sequel but when I learned it wasn't set in the same world, but a brand new one, I kind of lost interest, who knows though, it could still be good.  I haven't particularly looked through to see if there were any other ones I might be interested in but these two particularly have popped out at me for a long time.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
star citizen is done on kickstarter though
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard