xp
sucks
donkey
balls
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6746|Moscow, Russia
uh-huh. heard that before. nobody seems capable of answering why it sucks so much though.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
network protocols?
security (Kernel Patch Protection, that memory location randomizer thing whos name i forget..., UAC, encryption)
availability of architectures
availability of themes
the fact that an OS made 6 years after the other is going to be inherently better?
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6746|Moscow, Russia

pirana6 wrote:

network protocols?
all there in windows xp

security (Kernel Patch Protection, that memory location randomizer thing whos name i forget..., UAC, encryption)
all there in windows xp. and, honestly, anybody who calls UAC "security" doesn't know what he's talking about.

availability of architectures
that falls under "lack of support" category. nothing, except their own greed, prevented microsoft from releasing direct x 10+ and other stuff for xp.

availability of themes
all there - or could easily be implemented - in windows xp.

the fact that an OS made 6 years after the other is going to be inherently better?
how exactly is that a "fact"?

Last edited by Shahter (2013-10-08 09:29:45)

pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
ok you need to stop using microsoft and start using canonical
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6746|Moscow, Russia
don't tell me what to do and i won't tell you where to stick your awesome advice.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
i'm going to assume you bought your computer a while back with windows xp on it and configured it as you wanted it then sat around when windows vista, 7, and 8 all came out and said, "my computer can already do that, no way i'm paying microsoft for a new OS."

the thing is, while you think you're the epitome of all users of every windows computer, youre not.
what windows 7 has (aside from the aforementioned, which you got wrong saying "xp has all that") is nativity. Could you go into each xp computer and make it look exactly like a windows 7 one and run the same way? mostly, sure, but it would take a lot of time, effort, and HD space. something those of us that work in offices that support computer people don't have. No, i'm not going around to every computer and changing default protocols or installing security features when i can just install windows 7 and have it all there.

when i say you need to use a free os that takes skill to use, it's a compliment not an insult. but because daddy beat mommy when you were 8, you think everyone is against you. If you know how to make your xp computer into a mirror of a 7 without actually buying 7, nice job. If you can do that then bitch and moan every 14 seconds about an OS that costs money, TIME TO MOVE TO LINUX.
I deal with people that don't know shit about computers, i NEED stuff to be default or at least native in the OS so i don't have to go around changing hundreds of computers.

oh and UAC is security. it is. is it annoying? yes. but calling it 'not' security, makes you look like your going through that 20-24 year old age when you think you rule the world.
shut the fuck up.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6746|Moscow, Russia

Shahter wrote:

don't tell me what to do and i won't tell you where to stick your awesome advice.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
I knew somebody was gonna have this argument with him again.  Nismo and I did a while ago.  He just stubbornly loves XP
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6746|Moscow, Russia

_j5689_ wrote:

I knew somebody was gonna have this argument with him again.  Nismo and I did a while ago.  He just stubbornly loves XP
this is not an argument and never was, because you... ummm... have no argument. you, nismo, and that there dude, keep stating stuff which is not true and assuming things about me you have no way of knowing. gtfo already.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6409|King Of The Islands

Ahh XP. Something interrupted the file transfer? I'll just cancel the whole thing then.

Also downloading drivers yourself is so 2005.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6746|Moscow, Russia
uh-huh. and none of that could be fixed of course. the only way to do that was to release a so called "new os".
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

you run a 32bit version of xp?
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6746|Moscow, Russia
i don't run xp anymore.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3930|SL,UT

do you run it any less?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Windows 8.1 seems to have unfucked some of the more stupider parts of Windows 8.

This leaves a quandary, will Windows 9 refuck things further or be a whole new kind of stupid?

If a Ford guy is taking over I say both.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6683|US
Don't think they will refuck it up because they will have to put out an OS that people in the office will have to upgrade to after win7 so a normal version of win is needed. However that could be on hold till win10, or still fuck up.
Cheez

Tdog2007 wrote:

normal version of win
So sick of this shit.

https://i.imgur.com/CdilpGm.jpg

Looks pretty fucking normal to me.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6714|Reality
windows odd versus windows even
hmmmm
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Cheez

Windows 3.1
Windows 3.11
Windows 95A
Windows 95B
Windows 95C
Windows 98 First Edition
Windows 98 Second Edition
Windows 2000
Windows ME
Windows XP <- SERVICE PACK SHITBOX
Windows XP SP2 2004
Windows Vista
Windows 7
Windows 8
Windows 8.1

Does your odd/even theory still work?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard