kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6983|Australia
im lucky to work in a pc store and will, in two days time, have 2 7900gtx cards. if i didnt work in such a place i would be able to afford it.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6944|Singapore

Send me one KC
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6983|Australia
no ways, not until you return my karma comments and both my sexuality and virginity, you hussler!
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6944|Singapore

Selfish bitch Haha
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6888|Oslo, Norway

CrazeD wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

dont_be_ss wrote:

mine is a ati x1900xtx 512mb
i dont think my cheep ass 256Mb counts then...
He has pretty much the best video card you can buy right now, lol. What kind of card you got, I'll tell ya if you can run it.
ok, got a nVida 7800GT
MurPHy
+9|6727|West Deptford, NJ
Is there anybody else getting by with an obsolete video card? Radeon 9700 Pro over here. Classic card, first big shot against Intel back in the day.

Too bad it sucks these days.
dont_be_ss
+312|6749|selby, n. yorkshire, UK
mine is a ati x1900xtx
bennisboy
+829|6802|Poundland

Jenkinsbball wrote:

geforce 7800gtx 512mb here, I'll give it a shot and see what happens.
my god, that is some serious distance
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6888|Oslo, Norway

WilhelmSissener wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

i dont think my cheep ass 256Mb counts then...
He has pretty much the best video card you can buy right now, lol. What kind of card you got, I'll tell ya if you can run it.
ok, got a nVida 7800GT
*wonders*
bennisboy
+829|6802|Poundland

JaM3z wrote:

Manxman wrote:

i have 2  7800 gtx sli with everthing on high and 4x aa  sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
I have a ATi x800 Pro VIVO modded to a X850 XT PE with my clock speeds at 575MHz core and 1.24Ghz memory i unlocked the extra pixel pipelines and i run solid at 85 FPS with 6x AA and super high 16x AF on 32player maps only, when i run 64 player maps i get around 20-30FPS and when i FRAPS woah dont go there reduces me to 5FPS so i have to lower the settings a bit.

But yeah why on earth run SLi? or crossfire it does not give a mjor boost in frame rates and its not properly supported yet... plus i would have got the 7900GTX OC so i can game in HD

EDIT:  Forgot to mention that probably the only reason i got such high frame rates is because i have 2GB of 533MHz DDR2 RAM and a 3.9GHz OC P4 and a rapter HDD
*noob question* how do you overclock and how do you unlock extra pixel pipelines?
DSRTurtle
+56|6841
Any suggestions for improving a 9600XT without upgrading.  I don't have the money for an upgrade at the moment.

I can run everything at medium but it seems to kill my frame rate in certain maps. 

I have 1GB PC 3200 Ram and an Athalon 2400+.  Slow machine i know but it works pretty good on BF2 with low settings.
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6735

MurPHy wrote:

Is there anybody else getting by with an obsolete video card? Radeon 9700 Pro over here. Classic card, first big shot against Intel back in the day.

Too bad it sucks these days.
Mine's the best card you can buy - Nvidia FX5700..  Runs like a dump truck
Capt. Foley
+155|6743|Allentown, PA, USA
Nividia 6600 thats 128mb.........I need new computer scince im also stuck with a 5 year old sound card and 512 RAM and a 15GB hard drive........
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6820
Low

Low

Low

Low

And 15-20 fps and 4 fps with fraps open yay
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6854|U.S
will my ATI 700pro work on high.
Dingarth
+17|6747|Australia

kontrolcrimson wrote:

im lucky to work in a pc store and will, in two days time, have 2 7900gtx cards. if i didnt work in such a place i would be able to afford it.
KC as a matter of interest (as you live in Aus as well) around how much are you getting the gtx's for??
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6712

Husker~ifh~ wrote:

Dual Evga Nividia 7900GTX 512Mb Superclocked cards in SLI, all settings on HIGH, AA x4 and Res set to 1600x1200, lol, I can see everything clearly now the fog is gone!

EDIT: Added some screenies from Gulf of Oman..

Hmmmm what's that over there?
https://img380.imageshack.us/img380/5375/screen0079ae.jpg

Well I believe it's a dead man crawling...
https://img356.imageshack.us/img356/4049/screen0064hh.png
So how come nobody is asking how this guy did it?

Last edited by Xietsu (2006-05-27 20:39:43)

tinuzz
lead catcher
+4|6736|The Netherlands

ssonrats wrote:

My vid card stinks(6800gs), my choices:
low
low
low
low....

I might aswell plug in a block of cheese in the AGP port.
i got an 6600 GT (128 mb (overclocked)) and i got:

terrain: high
effects: medium
textures: medium
geometry: low
lighting and shadows: low/off
viewing distance: 100%
at 1280*1024 32 bit

Last edited by tinuzz (2006-05-29 08:12:38)

Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6852|Germany
Hmm,seems to work well with those settings,yesterday I met don't_be_ss on the TV 24/7 Wake server and he got me really good a few times,one was quite far away,at least that's what it seemed to me with my hangover-sunday-eyesight...

My advice to all snipers:If you wanna kill this guy better shoot him in the back,but don't try to shoot it out with him when he's under the artillery....

Btw,why were you suddenly gone?After you left I had the nice opportunity to spot 4 Marines trying to swim inside the lagoon,don't know where they were heading to or if they just were in an iron man contest,but I got them all.
And you actually showed me some new spots I'll have a look at in future rounds...
DeathLogic
+0|6705
Still getting by with my Radeon X850XT. Hope to rebuild a new machine once a game comes out that takes me away from BF2!
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6894|Pakistan/England

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

Hmm,seems to work well with those settings,yesterday I met don't_be_ss on the TV 24/7 Wake server and he got me really good a few times,one was quite far away,at least that's what it seemed to me with my hangover-sunday-eyesight...

My advice to all snipers:If you wanna kill this guy better shoot him in the back,but don't try to shoot it out with him when he's under the artillery....

Btw,why were you suddenly gone?After you left I had the nice opportunity to spot 4 Marines trying to swim inside the lagoon,don't know where they were heading to or if they just were in an iron man contest,but I got them all.
And you actually showed me some new spots I'll have a look at in future rounds...
lol the only time ive seen him die while hiding behind the arty is when the arty self-destructed
Chillin&killin
+27|6830|Manchester,England
i nailed ss in mid air on the us island on wake i loved that moment  at about 350m needless to say hes killed me more overall
dont_be_ss
+312|6749|selby, n. yorkshire, UK
i can't even remember that, lol, btw evilmonkeyslayer has killed me from behind the arty i thought that i had spotted him i killed the guy but it was not evilmonkeyslayer, a few seconds later i got nailed by him unlucky i say!

Last edited by dont_be_ss (2006-05-29 11:18:22)

rgraze
+6|6827

Manxman wrote:

i have 2  7800 gtx sli with everthing on high and 4x aa  sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
Um. I have a 7800GT all settings maxed.  My setup is just a bit cheaper and does the same. The game doesnt need the most expensive setup to max everything out.

Last edited by rgraze (2006-05-29 11:20:29)

DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6887|Germany, near Koblenz

M1-Lightning wrote:

If your system can handle it, the best overall settings are:

Terrain (LOW) Gets rid of bushes snipers hide behind as well as the grass that's in your face when you go prone.
Effects (HIGH) For realism only but helps in awareness of gunfire on your position i.e. bullet holes
Geometry (HIGH) Vehicles show up at a distance sooner
Texture (HIGH) Sharpens the picture to help distinguish troops from terrain, gets rid of the blur
Lighting (LOW) Gets rid of building shadows so enemy troops can't hide from you anymore
Dynamic Shadows (HIGH) Almost like seeing through walls and floors except you can't tell friend from foe since it's only a sillhoutte (watch your minimap).
Dynamic Light (HIGH) You can catch a sniper's muzzle flash better and see bullets coming from a jeep from far away while in the chopper
Antialiasing (4X) Realism only but helps to sharpen the image to get rid of the blur
Texture Filtering (HIGH) Realism only but helps to sharpen the image to get rid of the blur
View Distance Scale (100%)
Wanted to give that a try (see below) but as long as Lighting is on "low", the Dynamic Shadows are automatically set to "off" (may be adjusted but jumps back when saving).

I am disapointed that I can't see clearly from land to carrier and vice versa on The Iron Gator and from palace to the high building behind the entrance. To achieve a real improvement in effective viewing distance I would accept poor optic.

System: 3700+, 2GB, 7900 GT
Settings: 1280x1024@85hz, everything on max

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard