Poll

How much do you love/hate the USA? (I am a(n)...)

American who unapologetically loves America30%30% - 100
American who loves america, just not American policy17%17% - 56
non-American who is sympathetic to Americans14%14% - 47
American who has become disillusioned by America5%5% - 17
American who would leave if it weren't a hassle to.3%3% - 10
non-American who hates Americans.17%17% - 59
American or American't...makes no difference to me11%11% - 39
Total: 328
JimKong
+31|6633|Ohio
Well, our current Adminstration and immigration problems for the last 20+ years sure aren't helping our standard of living. I've spent a year in Korea and, like I mentioned, a few weeks in Spain. Now that doesn't make me a worldly man but it's a lot more than most people can say. I'm just willing to guess America is a great place if you have something to offer. It seems easier to make yourself here. Sadly, most people are pathetic nobodies like myself. I couldn't care less as long as I have a somewhat comfortable lifestyle and am generally left alone.

Here's some useless chart info some asshole put together.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UN_Human_Development_Index

Last edited by JimKong (2006-05-27 12:33:48)

^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6729|The Hague, Netherlands

JimKong wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

1 Euro = 1.2774 dollars my friend.
I recently spent a few weeks in Spain. For the most part, I've noticed everything but fish was more expensive than in the US. These German dudes I used to play AoM with always bitched about how expensive it is to drive over there (something crazy like 1-2 thousand for a liscense). Europe has better public transportation (yet more and more are going the American way and buying a car), perks of being in a Union (but some countries still have a caste system), bleh bleh bleh... Everyone thinks their country is better. No one cares. All I'm saying is that I'd like to visit more of the world but I'm pretty damn sure I will always want to call the US my home.
Yeah getting a drivers License is expensive, but you gotta search for a cheap and good one who is going to teach you, but avarage its 1400 euro's, im like going to lose 950 euro's to get mine, but the transport system is good here too. (atleast here in The Hague)
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
James-m
+28|6540|England
George bush is an idiot. The man cant even construct a basic sentence without lying to his people. What so called man picks on a country like Iraq for no valid reason, other than to steal their oil? give me a good answer to this and ill shut up. I don't hate America atall, just the people that run it.
JimKong
+31|6633|Ohio

James-m wrote:

What so called man picks on a country like Iraq for no valid reason, other than to steal their oil? give me a good answer to this and ill shut up. I don't hate America atall, just the people that run it.
Tony Blair.
Richard2000
Banned
+39|6536|England
Americans are so full of them selfs and American admis are noobs
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6834|Reykjavík, Iceland.

JimKong wrote:

Well, our current Adminstration and immigration problems for the last 20+ years sure aren't helping our standard of living. I've spent a year in Korea and, like I mentioned, a few weeks in Spain. Now that doesn't make me a worldly man but it's a lot more than most people can say. I'm just willing to guess America is a great place if you have something to offer. It seems easier to make yourself here. Sadly, most people are pathetic nobodies like myself. I couldn't care less as long as I have a somewhat comfortable lifestyle and am generally left alone.

Here's some useless chart info some asshole put together.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UN_Human_Development_Index
America is number 10
Iceland is number 2

w00t!
Random-Hero58
+10|6550|TX

James-m wrote:

George bush is an idiot. The man cant even construct a basic sentence without lying to his people. What so called man picks on a country like Iraq for no valid reason, other than to steal their oil? give me a good answer to this and ill shut up. I don't hate America atall, just the people that run it.
Hehe, that is funny.

What lies?
Picking on Iraq? What for breaking the cease fire (mind you the war in 1991 never ended, its a 15 year war), he broke UN resolutions plenty of times, funded terrorists, raped/tortured/executed his own people, estimates from 300,000-3,000,000 (if you include the Iran/Iraq War), he used chemical weapons on Iran and the Kurds.

Oil? I hear that so often, what proof is there? We haven't taken a single drop of oil, it is Iraq's oil, it is basically the lifeblood of their economy. We have taken NONE of it.

Not to mention the progress that has gone on since the invasion, sure there is that pesky insurgency (for the most part foriegn fighters (with some rejectionists/saddamists thrown in) so it isn't Iraqis rebelling againest us like many would have you to believe. (also the insurgency is failing: http://www.mnf-iraq.com/feature/May/060509a.htm ). The Iraqis have written and ratified a constitution ( Iraqi Constitution: http://www.mnf-iraq.com/iraqi-constitution.pdf ), has had 3 elections. The Unity Government is underway in formation. Oh yeah, I forgot to add that we liberated 25+ million people in our removal of Saddam Hussien, and he is now standing trial for his crimes againest humanity in a court of law with Iraqi Judges.

JG1567JG
+110|6579|United States of America

James-m wrote:

MASS GRAVES by Saddam

Saddam Shooting at our Planes Daily in the NO FLY ZONES

Saddam Tortured his own people More than the US has or ever will.

Saddam Gassed the Kurds

Do I need to go on or is that enough yet?

To my knowledge the UN probably stole more oil than George W. will.
Hell if the UN wasn't being bought off in the oil for food program they mighted acted years before.
If France wasn't selling Iraq weapons they mighted joined the coalition.
Russia was also selling Saddam Weapons.
France and Russia were supposed to follow the UN sanctions like the rest of the world.

Just a quick ?  Should Syria, Cuba, China, Sudan and N. Korea be able to get the U.S. Kicked out of the Human rights orginization part of the UN?  It happened.

Should we try to get Sainthood for Saddam or what?
Starfleet1403
...to bodly spawn where no one has spawned before!
+66|6613|Born in West-Berlin
All my Life I was sympathetic with the USA. With the End of World War II, American Aid was vital in the rebuilding of Western Germany. As a German, born in West-Berlin, The USA was the first line of Defense against communism.

I think some people hate the USA, because of the somewhat unpopular politics by its administration.
Well, Mr. Bush, is by fact the most powerful man in the World. That's a lot of responsibility. Every day he has to make tough decisions. Whether they are popular or not, they are decisions that need to be made.

However, on behalf of most of the free World, I'd like to thank the people of the United States. Without your efforts from the last 7 decades, the World would certainly be different and I'm afraid it would not be to our likings.

Last edited by Starfleet1403 (2006-05-27 13:23:51)

{KAOS}DesertWraith
+14|6637
As a canuck, canadian, we know what crooked evil politicians , yanks have.  Soft wood lumber disputes , banning our beef, and generally raping our resources, then getting pissed when they don't get their way.  America is the bully kid in the sandbox, who will play nice until , it does't go his way.  Then he throws a fit, kicks sand in their face and is never apologetic when they are wrong.  Self indulgent jerks, taking all the want because they honestly believe might is right.  ie .   just what was the gulf war about,.......oil and only oil. where were the WMD'S....OH YEAH THATS RIGHT THERE WEREN'T ANY!    I say shut them down from everything and anything we have of theirs. Examples....alaskan pipelines running through our country.  Majority of all power they recieve comes from us.  87% of all uraniam comes from us, hmm no nuclear powered anything, ie plants, ships, subs.  Lumber, beef, fresh water,

I was in the Navy for 11 yrs and have been all over this world time and time again, and have never found such a more arrogant , ignorant and generally uneducated bunch of people  {third world countries excluded of course}  but hey flame on and let me have it as you see fit, cause this is just one persons opinion and really for every one that agrees with me there will be one that doesn't .

Frankly , nuke em til they glow, then shoot em in the dark.

Last edited by {KAOS}DesertWraith (2006-05-27 13:40:24)

CommieChipmunk
+488|6560|Portland, OR, USA

{KAOS}DesertWraith wrote:

As a canuck, canadian, we know what crooked evil politicians , yanks have.  Soft wood lumber disputes , banning our beef, and generally raping our resources, then getting pissed when they don't get their way.  America is the bully kid in the sandbox, who will play nice until , it does't go his way.  Then he throws a fit, kicks sand in their face and is never apologetic when they are wrong.  Self indulgent jerks, taking all the want because they honestly believe might is right.  ie .   just what was the gulf war about,.......oil and only oil. where were the WMD'S....OH YEAH THATS RIGHT THERE WEREN'T ANY!    I say shut them down from everything and anything we have of theirs. Examples....alaskan pipelines running through our country.  Majority of all power they recieve comes from us.  87% of all uraniam comes from us, hmm no nuclear powered anything, ie plants, ships, subs.  Lumber, beef, fresh water,

I was in the Navy for 11 yrs and have been all over this world time and time again, and have never found such a more arrogant , ignorant and generally uneducated bunch of people  {third world countries excluded of course}  but hey flame on and let me have it as you see fit, cause this is just one persons opinion and really for every one that agrees with me there will be one that doesn't .

Frankly , nuke em til they glow, then shoot em in the dark.
Frankly that was horrible.. and by doing that it would make canada no better then the usa and i love canada.  i agree there a lot of american assholes.. and they all somehow wind up in politics... for the most part most.. americans are good people, self indulgent and ignorant.. but good people lol
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6645|United States of America

Starfleet1403 wrote:

All my Life I was sympathetic with the USA. With the End of World War II, American Aid was vital in the rebuilding of Western Germany. As a German, born in West-Berlin, The USA was the first line of Defense against communism.

I think some people hate the USA, because of the somewhat unpopular politics by its administration.
Well, Mr. Bush, is by fact the most powerful man in the World. That's a lot of responsibility. Every day he has to make tough decisions. Whether they are popular or not, they are decisions that need to be made.

However, on behalf of most of the free World, I'd like to thank the people of the United States. Without your efforts from the last 7 decades, the World would certainly be different and I'm afraid it would not be to our likings.
Wow, my Grandfather would be happy to hear that.  He'd be so happy he would probably buy a VW.

Thanks, and am glad the wall came down over there.
Des.Kmal
+917|6608|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

We banned your beefbecause some of th cows had mad cow disease....

I wish teh war was about oil, that way gas would be $3 a gallon. (jk, I would never want to go to war over a pety reason like that)

.... dude, Iraq did a bunch of stuff like: gased teh Kurds, shot at out plkanes in their no-fly-zones, genocide, and a whole host of other stuff.,.. yeah, we were just picking on a defenseless nation. Your an idiot.

Do you want the Alaskan oil? Then shut up.

You call us uneducated and you cn even construct a proper sentence? Or put commas in the corect place? lol

You do know what would happen if you nuked us.... your country would not exist anymore.......... just a desert...  of nothingness.

Americans are so dumb that:

We created the nuke.

What do you think about that....?

Last edited by Kmal1 (2006-05-27 14:23:53)

Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
yerded
Bertinator
+255|6627|Westminster, California

MastersMom wrote:

Love America unaplogeticly.  I am 27 years old, stationed in northern Italy with the U.S. AirForce, and can't wait to get back to the states.  I like Italy too, nice place to visit, and not a bad place to live, just very far from home and family.  I do know where Iraq and Afganistan are, mainly because, like Colbert said, the military handed me a full expense paid round trip vacation to Balad, Iraq for about 5 months.  Lots of fun.  I didn't have to join the AirForce, I did because I wanted to, and because I needed a job.  So I joined at age 24 with a wife and two kids.  It's worked so far because my country takes care of us...for the most part.  Of course there's some things about our gov't that I'm not crazy about which in many cases are the same things that make so many people in so many other countries dislike America as a whole.  But the reasons I love my USA...it's service oriented, 24 hour everything.  Anytime of day, any day of the year, you can get what you want or need and it's usually right around the corner.  In Italy and much of Europe, you find nothing 24 hours except some of the gas stations on the Autostradda (highway).  Some stores are closed on Wednesdays, some restraunts closed on Monday, everything is closed from noon till 2pm pretty much everyday for siesta (extended lunch).  It's a tough adjustment to go from one to the other.  Like I said, I still like Italy, and got nothing agaist Europe, but I like America better.  The only thing that really puts a bad taste in my mouth is the treatment or looks or posts that I get from Europeans that don't like America for whatever reason, and therefore don't like me for no reason at all, or have a pre-concieved notion that because I'm American I'm an asshole.  If I let it get to me I wouldn't be able to get through the day without going into a fit of rage, so instead I brush it off and think to myself..."WTF ever."  And to anyone on here that hates me or my country for some indirect, unspecific, or otherwise misconcieved reason, I say the same to you.  You can hate me or my country but it's no different than someone being racist.  Racism stems from ignorance.  It seems so often that people don't know what they're talking about, but they're sure they don't like it.
NO MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6540|Southeastern USA

Capt. Foley wrote:

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

Im not againt americans/hate them..........never been to America, but we see allot of Americans who only say : USA For ever and F*ck the rest, well this makes a bad image of America. but well gonna visit soon i think.
Ive never seen anyone do that except in some movie on Comedy Central
Funny how us actual americans seem to come up short on actually witnessing this phenomenon. I have addressed this through many threads. It seems as if BBC and CNNI must have found a small group that do this and broadcast their rhetoric as if it were our gospel. Even here in america there is an extreme anti-american bias to the media. We don't think this way, we don't have this elitist attitude, we don't prejudge ppl based on what country they're from. I even saw a reference to GWB and this attitude, and all I can say is, how many times have you seen him state anything along the lines of "America is the bestest of all, especially better than _________ or those silly __________"? Yet there is this attitude encourage by the media outlets that he thinks so. As I said in another thread, there are no true reporters anymore, just disgruntled propagandist editorialists portraying opinion as fact.
-F8-Scotch
+43|6560
I love America, disapprove of some our policies. Much of our history is covered with revolutionary ideas and new ways to live life. Each city in this country is full aware and awake. We have to deal with the good, bad and unfortnately the ugly side of democracy which is a direct byproduct of Freedom. Crime would be much easily dealt with should we round up drug dealers without warrant or trial and spend the cost of 9mm rounds to "solve" the problem. Except that wouldn't make us American. Hear in America everyone has the benefit of the doubt regardless of who you follow, what you believe in or what choices we might make in life. It's important to preserve that expression of self by whatever means are necessary. This may have the impact of Rush Limbaugh still being allowed on the air or conversely Air America having the same freedom. Yet it would also be unamerican should we not have the right to hear things that pissed us off. We may be a melting pot of cultures but it's my opinion that were also a melting pot of political, social and religious ideas. We have to be carefull that we don't end up with carrot stew after kicking the beef, potatoes, celery and onions out of the pool.

America isn't completely clean by any means. Due to our capitolist economy we all need to be diligent to protect ourselves and those of other nations against corrupt political actions. Our political system is based on competition, beating the other guy in an effort to control the country, individually presidential candidates have the opprotunity to wield the single most mighty military in the world. We are unique because regardless of which party "wins" everyone has to still play nice to get things done. Vigilance against corruption and greed is imperative to our way of life. Discourse regarding our actions helps to defend everyone from the fanatical and zealous forces in our society. America isn't one group or seperate function, all of us have a right to believe what we want and to keep watch over the ideas that we are against.

America is a beacon of hope for millions of people around the globe. It offers the idea of true freedom, to believe without fear of reprocussions regardless of your ideals. It would be shamefull if our nation was solely viewed for one train of thought. We should never wish for the day where political responsibility is determined by who you support or what party you belong to. Our forefathers have operated under these same pretenses for 230 years with the expectation that discourse is a byproduct of sucessfull democracy. I'd rather see this nation pulled apart piece by piece than see facist ideas overcome dissent.
Maniakrs
+-1|6535

Kmal1 wrote:

I wish teh war was about oil, that way gas would be $3 a gallon. (jk, I would never want to go to war over a pety reason like that)

.... dude, Iraq did a bunch of stuff like: gased teh Kurds, shot at out plkanes in their no-fly-zones, genocide, and a whole host of other stuff.,.. yeah, we were just picking on a defenseless nation. Your an idiot.

You call us uneducated and you cn even construct a proper sentence? Or put commas in the corect place? lol

You do know what would happen if you nuked us.... your country would not exist anymore.......... just a desert...  of nothingness.

We created the nuke.

Actually go here and be educated
http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/Nwfaq/Nfaq10.html
The first "WORKING" nuclear bomb was manufactured "IN" america but not because of American's. It was basically the work foriegn scientist's/physicist's and used alot of Albert Einstein's notes and theories who was in fact German.  Not to mention Germany had actually split the atom a week or 2 before the US did by Otto Hahn (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_Hahn) but had sense enough to down play the report because he realized the destructive power and knew what the Nazi regime and Hitler would do with it.  So you talk about uneducated people and you are proving your own point. 

American's are not as smart as we think we are, but were not as stupid as everyone else thinks we are.  What most people hate about America is we are one of the Youngest Nations in the World and yet we are the Strongest Nation in the world, and we did it with the rejects of the world that nobody wanted.   Think about it.
yaleblor
+23|6577
if not for the great American nation and it's people you would all be speaking German , and live a wonderful fascist lifestyle ,serving your Nazi betters
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6700|Sweden
I totally support you guys, but when i think about the USA i cant stop thinking about 50-year old southerners sitting on the back of a pick-up truck with shotguns in their hands. Kids who haven't got the faintest idea were Europe is located. When my mother went to the USA like 3 years ago someone asked her were she was from and she answered Sweden and the guy asked Never heard of that state, and im serious he wasnt being ironic or sarcastic or anything. And all the americans on this forum, some of them think that they are the best in the world, no one can take 'em and such, you feelin me? But i guess i should love the USA aswell, im right now sitting by a computer, which is mainly an american invention writing in english, a language that wouldn't mean anything to me if it weren't for the USA. All in all, i want the USA to be more grateful towards Europe than what you are. I know you saved our asses in WW2, but hey, we sure as hell did something for u 2. My cousins are moving to North carolina this summer, the father is working with IKEA and my aunt is a lawyer, and im going to spend christmas there, i cant wait!

Last edited by Sh1fty2k5 (2006-05-27 16:03:51)

yaleblor
+23|6577
i think that we as Americans are put off by so  many other countries because as soon as there's a great calamity we are there ,there's no hesitation ,we give billions in aid , we send our brave men and women into harms way ,to protect those who can't protect themselves , the majority of relief from strife comes from America and those brave soldiers delivering it , when the total wave hit Indonesia France had the gall to say it wasn't enough . how crass is that , when Iraq invaded Kuwait  , who was it that  rose up and returned there freedom , sure it was a team effort but who boar the brunt ? why the  USA , now things could be better over here for us , we could choose to spend those billions at home , but ,no we still help the global community like no one before . and what thanks do we get ? a slap in the face . the current situation in Iraq is bad and terribly sad . but we now have one less  "Hitler" . freedom doesn't come cheap , people will die and many will suffer , but so are our brave troops , we don't have to be there ,but if we leave enough madman will take power, and how many will he kill before the rest of the world tells us (USA) that we have to do something ? look at Iran . Jews and Christians will soon be required to wear special markers on there clothes so that Muslims can decide how to deal with them . Iran denies the Holocaust ,says Israel has no right to exist ,and is making nukes . they   now have a missile that can hit Europe . i say thank god for the Brits (they stand up too ) and the USA . if not for us the world would be a much more scary place
you need to read this ; what happened to islam? http://www.thejakartapost.com/detailhea … amp;irec=2
and this http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle … 020804.stm
http://www.kcci.com/education/9271567/detail.html
http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp … 0522a.html

Last edited by yaleblor (2006-05-27 17:09:48)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6649|BC, Canada

Possum61 wrote:

yerded wrote:

Jealousy breeds a lot of hate.
he he  yep   well said mate   USA  stand strong brothers  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!       
Jealousy?
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6758

yerded wrote:

The only hate I hear on this board is "i hate liberals" or "liberals ruined my country, I hate them" and it goes on and on.

Jealousy? Mate, I could not give 2 fucks about USA.

I live in a country where the temperature rarely goes below 20, I can work a minimum wage job and still have a 4 bedroom home, I don’t have the police hounding me for ID or vehicle stops, healthcare is free, wages are high, unemployment is low, economic growth is high, pollution is low and the best thing NO AMERICANS
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6755|Dallas

Maniakrs wrote:

Kmal1 wrote:

We created the nuke.

Actually go here and be educated
http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/Nwfaq/Nfaq10.html
The first "WORKING" nuclear bomb was manufactured "IN" america but not because of American's. It was basically the work foriegn scientist's/physicist's and used alot of Albert Einstein's notes and theories who was in fact German.  Not to mention Germany had actually split the atom a week or 2 before the US did by Otto Hahn (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_Hahn) but had sense enough to down play the report because he realized the destructive power and knew what the Nazi regime and Hitler would do with it.  So you talk about uneducated people and you are proving your own point. 

American's are not as smart as we think we are, but were not as stupid as everyone else thinks we are.  What most people hate about America is we are one of the Youngest Nations in the World and yet we are the Strongest Nation in the world, and we did it with the rejects of the world that nobody wanted.   Think about it.
No.

The first bomb was built by AMERICANS.  I think you mis-understand the meaning of American.  An American is someone who was either born here or someone who came here for whatever reason.  It doens't matter if you are German, Italian, French, Chinese, Mongolian, etcetc.  If you come here and become naturalized you are American.

Also, even if the scientist's were not per say "American", it doesn't change the fact that the bomb was...in fact...built by Americans.  It would be the same as a Japanese engineer saying I have a theory for this new car and here is how it may work and then sends the plans to Detroit to be built.  Same principle.  Also, to say that a few scientists built the bomb is in fact retarded.  The amounts of manpower that went into it are astronomical, with the enrichement of uranium, to the manufacture of parts, to all the people who built and ran Los Alamo's, even to the people who went out and built the test shot tower.  Too say that a few German and/or foreign scientists "built" the bomb is just plain stupid.

Also, I love America, I spent 4 years in the USAF and would to this day die for the country.  I do not agree with the policies and administration of the goverment at this time, which is a completly American thing to do.  I think we need more FDR's and Cool Cals in office.
MrPredictable
+14|6677

BN wrote:

yerded wrote:

The only hate I hear on this board is "i hate liberals" or "liberals ruined my country, I hate them" and it goes on and on.

Jealousy? Mate, I could not give 2 fucks about USA.

I live in a country where the temperature rarely goes below 20, I can work a minimum wage job and still have a 4 bedroom home, I don’t have the police hounding me for ID or vehicle stops, healthcare is free, wages are high, unemployment is low, economic growth is high, pollution is low and the best thing NO AMERICANS
where do you live?
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6540|Southeastern USA
Many of the posts regarding the creation of the nuke ignore the fact that there was a race between the axis and allied nations to build it. Many of the foreign scientists like Albert Einstein that worked on it were granted citizenship so they could come work on the Manhattan Project. The successful creation of "Fat Man" and "Little Boy" came before the Germans as more a matter of circumstance. As to why we chose to send them to Japan as opposed to the European theatre I can only guess was that it was tactically expedient. The axis plan was to use them on a large scale bombardment and destroy entire civilizations. The allies, while cognizant of the destructive power of said weapons on a conventional scale, were not fully aware of the broader scope of nuclear collateral effects such as radiation sickness until after the bombs were dropped, there were plans to build more but this was halted when it's true impact on humanity was recognized, while the SS doctors who had been exposing jews to radioactive materials viewed these effects as a plus. It was simply a matter of who won the race to open Pandora's Box and I for one am grateful that anyone not working under the supervision of the Germans or Japanese did it, American or not. Will America or any Western nation ever use nukes again? Unless enacting the "Mutually Assured Destruction" tactic this will never happen. M.A.D. being the stance taken by nations on both sides of the Iron Curtain during the cold war, I know he won't use his because if he does I'll use mine and vice versa. This today perhaps only exists in regards to China, and as they become more democratic and industrialized it is doubtful that this stance will need to be taken. As to why it's ok for the US or Uk or India and the like to have them and not nations like Iran is that you don't see the Indian heads of state going around talking about how neighboring nations should be wiped off the face of the planet as Iran does in regards to Israel. The first bomb was built by ALLIES.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard