unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Tiger Woods has won almost as many majors as Jack Nicklaus and he's like half his age. Respect for that, at least.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3929|SL,UT

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Tiger Woods has won almost as many majors as Jack Nicklaus and he's like half his age. Respect for that, at least.
Jack won the Masters at 46, for a total of 18. Tiger won the 2008 US Open for 14 wins, at the age of 33.

what the fuck do you mean by 'half his age'? do you mean Nicklaus was born in 1940 and Tiger was born in 1975?
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6713|Reality
i don't deny his skill as a golfer just his integrity.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Steve-0 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jack won the Masters at 46, for a total of 18. Tiger won the 2008 US Open for 14 wins, at the age of 33.

what the fuck do you mean by 'half his age'? do you mean Nicklaus was born in 1940 and Tiger was born in 1975?
Tiger Woods is 37. Jack Nicklaus is 73. That's pretty much half his age. Add some math to your hobbies.
Stubbee
+223|6713|Reality
dude jack aint playing no more.
compare apples to apples
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Steve-0
+214|3929|SL,UT

Stubee, he obviously has some hang up, if he's telling me to 'add some math'. at this point i'm willing to spare him some pity, but he's now lost all my respect.

it's sad he had to go into a thread he's never posted in before to try this weak shit . . .
Stubbee
+223|6713|Reality
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
yahoo sucks
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Stubbee wrote:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tiger-woods-vs-jack-nicklaus-settling-best-time-214600044.html

for apples to apples
For apples to apples, it looks like that article can't count. Only 14 for Nicklaus? lol. Am I missing something obvious or was that just a typo.

Also how much more apples to apples can I get? They're two successful golfers often compared against one another. You even linked an article about it.

Steve-0 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I'm still right. Tiger Woods is half Jack Nicklaus' age. I have no idea why that statement made you upset, but I'll mark it down in the same class as pointing out a dark tree in the foreground of one of your pictures.

Fuck sakes.
Steve-0
+214|3929|SL,UT

i'll give you credit - when you obsess, you don't let something go.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I'm still right. Tiger Woods is half Jack Nicklaus' age.
yes sir, and if they teed it up today, no doubt tiger would beat jack. you win. your logic is indefensible. and, you*re a moderator, making you even more right than you already are.
Stubbee
+223|6713|Reality
@ unnamed You missed something.

I also went whaaaaat at that but read again.
"We'll compare Tiger and Jack (or is it Jack and Tiger?) as they both stand just before through the last PGA Championship before they turned 38"

Last edited by Stubbee (2013-09-16 14:33:12)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Stubbee wrote:

"We'll compare Tiger and Jack (or is it Jack and Tiger?) as they both stand just before through the last PGA Championship before they turned 38"
oh ok

Steve-0 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

yes sir, and if they teed it up today, no doubt tiger would beat jack. you win. your logic is indefensible. and, you*re a moderator, making you even more right than you already are.
Find one instance where I pulled the moderator card in any debate to "win" it. Also point out the instance where I said Jack would beat Tiger beyond a shadow of a doubt. I came out in defense of Tiger's skills in the first place. And how is a factual ~2:1 age ratio logically indefensible? Fuck.
Steve-0
+214|3929|SL,UT

some pics from Hawaii golf;

https://i.imgur.com/HJQ62Ha.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/TBXOsEB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0oLIB75.jpg
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
Everyone should just ease up and love each other man
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

oh ok

Steve-0 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Find one instance where I pulled the moderator card in any debate to "win" it. Also point out the instance where I said Jack would beat Tiger beyond a shadow of a doubt. I came out in defense of Tiger's skills in the first place. And how is a factual ~2:1 age ratio logically indefensible? Fuck.
Because being twice his age is completely irrelevant? Who's a better baseball player? Babe Ruth or Jesus Montero?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Steve-0
+214|3929|SL,UT

Jesus, of course
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Jay wrote:

Because being twice his age is completely irrelevant? Who's a better baseball player? Babe Ruth or Jesus Montero?
What the hell? Jack Nicklaus only retired like 8 years ago. Babe Ruth died before Jesus Montero was even born. What made you say that? My point was that Tiger Woods is only half Jack's age and has plenty of time to beat his record and is still skilled as a golfer. And to think you people call others aspies. I'm not telling you to buy your underwear at a non-kmart.
Steve-0
+214|3929|SL,UT

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jay wrote:

What the hell? Jack Nicklaus only retired like 8 years ago. Babe Ruth died before Jesus Montero was even born. What made you say that? My point was that Tiger Woods is only half Jack's age and has plenty of time to beat his record and is still skilled as a golfer. And to think you people call others aspies. I'm not telling you to buy your underwear at a non-kmart.
http://www.pgatour.com/champions.html

PGA tour players go to the champions tour at age 50.

because they can't compete with golfers half their age.

Jack won 8 more Champions tour majors - do you want to add that in too? he won 2 US amatuers to tigers 3 - want to add those in too?

go away.
Adams_BJ
One day I will be a PGA Champion
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Adams_BJ wrote:

One day I will be a PGA Champion
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Steve-0
+214|3929|SL,UT

i went to Pebble Beach today. couldn't park anywhere near the Lodge or the golf course. Apparently, there was a Champion's Tour event.

https://i.imgur.com/C9eb1zB.jpg

Tom Lehman is leading the event. After i took the picture above (just off the 18th) he walked past us, and went to the practice putting green

https://i.imgur.com/3N2EkQ2.jpg

it was a nice day. it would have been a better day if we could have gotten on the course, but that runs about $495 a round.

Last edited by Steve-0 (2013-09-28 23:56:28)

Adams_BJ
gee willikers 500 bucks a round!?
Stubbee
+223|6713|Reality
and a multiyear waiting list (3 IIRC)
Steve-0
+214|3929|SL,UT

worth every penny
Adams_BJ
I wish I was rich

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard