_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Apple's "cheap" iphone is $740 in Australia, and it looks like a kids toy.

*facepalm*

$99 in the US, $740 in Australia. Fuck you Apple. Fuck you.

E: Apparently $99 is with a plan on a carrier and it's $549 outright (compared to $740 in Aus), silly news sites that's just the normal amount of markup we get.
Do Australian carriers not subsidize the cost with the contract?
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya

_j5689_ wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Apple's "cheap" iphone is $740 in Australia, and it looks like a kids toy.

*facepalm*

$99 in the US, $740 in Australia. Fuck you Apple. Fuck you.

E: Apparently $99 is with a plan on a carrier and it's $549 outright (compared to $740 in Aus), silly news sites that's just the normal amount of markup we get.
Do Australian carriers not subsidize the cost with the contract?
If you're on a contract it's part of the monthly price and is technically subsidised.. eg I pay $65 a month for a Galaxy S3 4G, the plan is $60 and I pay $5 a month repayment for the actual phone (over 24 months).
24 months is a long time to have a phone without breaking it(at least for me )
straya really gets screwed here

Last edited by Kimmmmmmmmmmmm (2013-09-11 08:31:02)

Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya
haha I've never broken a phone so I haven't run into the issue.

The only other option really is buying the phone outright then having a short plan or pay-as-you-go, but most people wanting a smartphone don't want to drop $600-$1000 outright on a phone.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6409|King Of The Islands

By the way ausguise: Boost Mobile. Is on Telstra now. $40 unlimited + 3GB.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6385|Finland

https://i.imgur.com/E20DMYy.jpg

ASUS Maximus VI Impact in da house
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Cheez

Gaming ITX?

https://readwrite.com/files/its%20happening%20ron%20paul%20animated%20GIF.gif
Brasso
+1,549|6601

whats the weird wire coming from the sound card?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya

Brasso wrote:

whats the weird wire coming from the sound card?
That's the wifi card/bluetooth etc card and antenna cable next to the sound card.

Last edited by Little BaBy JESUS (2013-09-13 05:28:41)

Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6683|US
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

What's that big, red START button for?
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
On another issue:
Any tips on cleaning a laser printers drum head?
The manufacturer is warning against using (flammable) liquids, but every tutorial immediately mentions cleaning alcohol.

I have a Brother HL-3040CN and apparently the black drum head is causing full-page ghosting, especially noticeable with text documents.
The weird thing is, as soon as I only change a single character's color from black (RGB 0/0/0) to something else (dark brown), the ghosting is gone.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD

globefish23 wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

What's that big, red START button for?
I've heard that some mobos have the power and reset buttons on them now, and also a BIOS reset button for overclocking.  The only thing I can think of for a button labeled START would be power obviously but that seems a little ridiculous to do all that for a mobo-mounted power button

Last edited by _j5689_ (2013-09-14 10:04:34)

GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6385|Finland

Cheez wrote:

Gaming ITX?

https://i.imgur.com/ZxEBn5y.jpg

Yes!

BTW yes it is power switch. Very handy to put them on the mobo (see above).

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2013-09-14 10:41:22)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

The white cable sheathing just makes me think of noodle soup.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

globefish23 wrote:

On another issue:
Any tips on cleaning a laser printers drum head?
The manufacturer is warning against using (flammable) liquids, but every tutorial immediately mentions cleaning alcohol.

I have a Brother HL-3040CN and apparently the black drum head is causing full-page ghosting, especially noticeable with text documents.
The weird thing is, as soon as I only change a single character's color from black (RGB 0/0/0) to something else (dark brown), the ghosting is gone.
No one has any tips for cleaning laser printer drum heads?
https://i.imgur.com/080vXym.png

Last edited by globefish23 (2013-09-15 04:11:30)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Use a lint-free cloth and avoid skin contact.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Apple users being taught about ordering stuff online:

Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3930|SL,UT

server 2008 r2 installed - before i create a tree, server 2013 is available . . .
Cheez

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Apple users being taught about ordering stuff online:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8Vnx_OIlDc
Queuing for iPhones? That's so 2008.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
Just curious but what do the New Zealanders have their iPhones set to as far as language settings and Siri language settings?  My mom's best friend is from New Zealand and has a really strong accent, Siri is basically useless to her on a phone pre-configured to recognize an American accent so I'm wondering would the Australian settings work better or would the British settings for a New Zealander?
Ivan Kara
+0|3840
What codec do I need to play .mvk files? I don't want to use anything but WMP.
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

Ivan Kara wrote:

What codec do I need to play .mvk files? I don't want to use anything but WMP.
Hello comrade ... http://www.cccp-project.net/
Cheez

_j5689_ wrote:

Just curious but what do the New Zealanders have their iPhones set to as far as language settings and Siri language settings?  My mom's best friend is from New Zealand and has a really strong accent, Siri is basically useless to her on a phone pre-configured to recognize an American accent so I'm wondering would the Australian settings work better or would the British settings for a New Zealander?
We (A+NZ) can tell a Brit accent from a mile away, whereas with weaker accents anyway, you don't even realise they're from across the pond until they drop a key word.

Doesn't help that Siri is shite for anyone outside California.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
I'm starting to shop for parts for a new build and I'm seeing all of these new boards now that have PCI slots on them.  I thought we were done with those, what is this, 2004?

And it's not like they're just putting one on there in case you wanted to use that old Wireless G card from your old system that you've had forever, they're putting like 2 or 3 of them in a board while there's only two PCI-e x1 slots.  We're going backwards :\

Not to mention the fact that they almost always decide to put those few PCI-e x1 slots around the PCI-e x16 slot on higher end boards knowing full well whoever buys that board is probably getting a giant 2-slot video card that's going to cover up the x1 slot right next to it.  Who the fuck designs these dumbass boards?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard