Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6644|Canberra, AUS
nah abbott will win easily. might be a mile-wide inch-deep level of support but he'll have a pretty solid margin.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
My guess is polling three months from now would give a landslide victory to Labor if an election was held near xmas, assuming Abbott is PM at the time.

Last edited by Jaekus (2013-09-06 08:32:28)

Spark
+874|6644|Canberra, AUS
i would be astonished if that happened. a year, maybe. three months? not a chance.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

When you consider that Australians always seem to want the one they don't have it's not too outlandish a suggestion. Despite the support now, Malcolm Turnbull was decidedly unpopular when he led the LNP. Yet with the Abbott/Gillard Parliament his popularity was trumped only by Kevin Rudd's - and we all know how that went when Rudd managed to wrestle the leadership back.

It depends if Abbott gets a honeymoon period - and unless the ALP is absolutely slaughtered he probably won't get that given he has been regarded essentially as Prime Minister in waiting for about a year now.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Turnbull became unpopular once the apparatchiks and spin-monkeys started directing him and he started mouthing their nonsense.

Senate ballot paper was over a metre long, 73 entries.......FML
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Spark
+874|6644|Canberra, AUS
did you get a magnifying glass?
~ Richard Feynman
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Dilbert_X wrote:

Turnbull became unpopular once the apparatchiks and spin-monkeys started directing him and he started mouthing their nonsense.

Senate ballot paper was over a metre long, 73 entries.......FML
you think that was bad? NSW had 110 LOL.

like are you fucking serious parliament.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6144|Sydney | ♥

lol i doubt the libs would ever display such a public display of mutiny jaekus.

haha yeah the nsw one was 110, but instead of making the paper longer they just shrank down the font size.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya

tazz. wrote:

lol i doubt the libs would ever display such a public display of mutiny jaekus.

haha yeah the nsw one was 110, but instead of making the paper longer they just shrank down the font size.
They did it to Turnbull to make Abbott leader, it might just go back the other way. It depends how unpopular Abbott becomes, I could see it happening, but I'd be very surprised if it happened within a year.

Should be a good few years for satirists.

QLD had ~83 if I remember correctly, hence finding a party that roughly matches my preferences and then voting above the line lol.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

They're saying Clive Palmer's going to win Fairfax! I'm looking at the figures and I'm not sure how they're adding them up but it would be awesome news though!
[Blinking eyes thing]
Spark
+874|6644|Canberra, AUS
this has been much less of a drubbing than i thought it would be, frankly. definitely keeps labor in play next time
~ Richard Feynman
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

Independent Cathy McGowan still in reach of dumping Mirabella from Indi. That would very much be a silver lining.

Emma McBride still a chance to foil Karen McNamara in Dobell too - That would be good, McNamara seems like an utter cow. Can't say I expected the Labor candidate would do so well given how well the last one turned out. Looks like Craig has only managed to retain himself 4%. - which is not bad when you think about it.

Anyway I'm going to bed now, I'll survey the damage tomorrow morning. I hope I don't have to hear Tony's victory speech but I understand Rudd's concession speech was good - concession speeches often are.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Hostile senate for Abbott. That's certainly going to make it interesting.
Spark
+874|6644|Canberra, AUS
oh man this senate is going to be glorious. liberal democrats look like getting a senator in nsw off people who thought they were voting for the libs!
~ Richard Feynman
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Hahaha that's fucking gold!
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6144|Sydney | ♥

lol liberal democrats are on 9% for the senate ... cause lol pole position A on the paper, and people being confused.

that in itself, is fucking, hilarious.

<2000 votes in the house of rep.
9% in the senate.

yeah nahh hahahaha
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
my girlfriend accidently voted for lib dems coz she thought they were LNP... top lel. i almost fell for their trickery as well.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
On Abbott's own facebook page a girl commented how an Abbott led government means less rights for, among others, indigenous people and no gay marriage.

The comments - again, among others - in retort to her comment were "I don't care for homos" and "the boongs got their apology".

I need not say any more other than my suspicions are once again confirmed.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Jaekus wrote:

On Abbott's own facebook page a girl commented how an Abbott led government means less rights for, among others, indigenous people and no gay marriage.

The comments - again, among others - in retort to her comment were "I don't care for homos" and "the boongs got their apology".

I need not say any more other than my suspicions are once again confirmed.
bogans gonna bogan. but i still love the tears of people bitching about abbotts win. shits not going to change. its like the rednecks going on about obama's win destroying america but opposite.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney

Cybargs wrote:

shits not going to change.
That's sort of the point.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1239474_10151846053820943_1958924969_n.jpg
Spark
+874|6644|Canberra, AUS

Cybargs wrote:

my girlfriend accidently voted for lib dems coz she thought they were LNP... top lel. i almost fell for their trickery as well.
one of my best mates was once heavily involved with their setup. he's just laughing non-stop right now.
~ Richard Feynman
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Jaekus wrote:

It's funny, because he attended an Ivy League school in the states, ran several companies and became President of the United States while you play guitar and sell wine. I know it hurts your self esteem, but George Bush is smarter than you.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Jay wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

It's funny, because he attended an Ivy League school in the states, ran several companies and became President of the United States while you play guitar and sell wine. I know it hurts your self esteem, but George Bush is smarter than you.
tony abbott was a rhodes scholar, pretty smart dude but still cant string a sentence together

Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney

Jay wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Dat ad hominem feels.

Have you got more?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard