Poll

How much do you love/hate the USA? (I am a(n)...)

American who unapologetically loves America30%30% - 100
American who loves america, just not American policy17%17% - 56
non-American who is sympathetic to Americans14%14% - 47
American who has become disillusioned by America5%5% - 17
American who would leave if it weren't a hassle to.3%3% - 10
non-American who hates Americans.17%17% - 59
American or American't...makes no difference to me11%11% - 39
Total: 328
yerded
Bertinator
+255|6628|Westminster, California

mikkel wrote:

yerded wrote:

Jealousy breeds a lot of hate.
I think arrogance like yours breeds more. You're way off if you actually believe that people are jealous.

Where's the option for other people who have no problem with Americans or America itself, but disagree with the politics?
236 years old and leading the world in so many ways.
Your jealous, admit it.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708

yerded wrote:

mikkel wrote:

yerded wrote:

I think arrogance like yours breeds more. You're way off if you actually believe that people are jealous.

Where's the option for other people who have no problem with Americans or America itself, but disagree with the politics?
Your jealous, admit it.
yeah i think he is... american education is good (except for geography... they need to work on that more)

america: better food, women, military, economy, government and the list goes...

ive been to the US and i loved it, great place california
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
mikkel
+383|6593

G3|Genius wrote:

mikkel wrote:

If you're not american, your options are limited, I admit.  You'll just have to decide whether you love america more than you hate it.

If you are american, click the dissilusioned option.
Well I'm moving there soon if that counts. My likes and dislikes about the US as a country and the people living in it are true for any other country, so there's nothing unique in that. I'm apathetic mostly, but the politics bother me a bit.

As for whoever gave me -1, whoever you are, if you're going to sign it with saying that you aren't yerded, have the balls to sign your actual name.

yerded wrote:

mikkel wrote:

yerded wrote:

Your jealous, admit it.
Hey, we're over a thousand years old. We've got all the benefits that the US is lacking, and few of the downsides that it's suffering from. I haven't the slightest to be jealous about.

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

yerded wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Your jealous, admit it.
yeah i think he is... american education is good (except for geography... they need to work on that more)

america: better food, women, military, economy, government and the list goes...

ive been to the US and i loved it, great place california
In my opinion, our food is better, our education is just as good, and not only is it free, we actually get paid to go to school. We have no need for a military, luckily, and our economy is a whole lot steadier. Regarding the women, I have to concede. My fiancée is American. :p

Last edited by mikkel (2006-05-27 10:52:47)

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6569|Florida

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Something that is funny about this, is that the majority of those surveyed couldnt find Iraq or Afghanistan on a map.  I think Steven Colbert said it best, If you want to find out, the U.S. goverment is handing out all expenses paid round trips.

Words of steven colbert, not me.  And yes, the geography part is lagging a bit.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Something that is funny about this, is that the majority of those surveyed couldnt find Iraq or Afghanistan on a map.  I think Steven Colbert said it best, If you want to find out, the U.S. goverment is handing out all expenses paid round trips.

Words of steven colbert, not me.  And yes, the geography part is lagging a bit.
but i think remembering where 50 states are is kinda hard lol but world geography is lagging a bit... which may be a problem
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Terrible_chester
PKM Whore
+16|6627|Prolly on wake.

k30dxedle wrote:

Effect: Lots of anti-US rhetoric
Cause: Retards that think they know everything about the USA because they read it on here
Preach.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6835|Reykjavík, Iceland.

JimKong wrote:

Considering 90% of the world is a shithole that I wouldn't even considering visiting, I'd say one is lucky as fuck to be living in America.
What's your definition of "Shithole"?
JimKong
+31|6634|Ohio
Hearing non-Americans bitch about something they don't know jack shit about makes me glad me have lunatics in office.
JimKong
+31|6634|Ohio

PBAsydney wrote:

JimKong wrote:

Considering 90% of the world is a shithole that I wouldn't even considering visiting, I'd say one is lucky as fuck to be living in America.
What's your definition of "Shithole"?
Africa
Middle East
Asia (excluding Japan)
Europe (excluding Germany, Ireland, Soctland, those "viking countries", Spain, Poland, um...)
Central America
South America
Most of the Caribbean

Shithole, meaning countries I couldn't care less to visit.
Sydney
2λчиэλ

yerded wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

Its far from perfect and continues to evolve, yet I have yet to see any country with a better track record.
I like it here so far. If I wanted to leave, where could I go that offers the same freedoms and opportunities?
Uhm, any other nation you can think of?
You could only possibly have that perspective from far outside our nation. Iceland is  pretty far and the lack of understanding about the opportunities inherent to most Americans you display shows an even more distant space
between your perception and our reality.
Well, as far as I know it's expensive as hell to go to college / university down there, that seems to be a "lack of opportunity" for me, since the majority by far here goes to a university because everybody can afford it.

Also, aren't you obligated to join the military for a couple of years down there? Man, that must suck.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6569|Florida

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

but i think remembering where 50 states are is kinda hard lol but world geography is lagging a bit... which may be a problem
But you dont live in the states lol  Hell, there are people here that dont know where they all are.  My geography class in ......7th grade, we had to learn all the states and capitols, but i sure as hell dont remember all of the capitols these days, i got better shit to worry about lol
Sydney
2λчиэλ
I can name pretty much all countries in Europe and their capitals, aswell as most countries in Africa, Asia, South America and even many of the US states.

And I live on a 100,000 square kilometer island!
JimKong
+31|6634|Ohio
Oh, the irony!!! Someone gave me -karma. Reason "know the world". I was speaking from my personal perspective, yet some fucktard here claims to possess great knowledge about the world.
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6618|Sea to globally-cooled sea

mikkel wrote:

We have no need for a military, luckily, and our economy is a whole lot steadier.
WOW.  What's your employment rate?  Ours is under 5%.  you're is 2-3x that.  your economy is awful.  The Euro is, at this point in time, stronger than the dollar.  However, the Euro is based on the dollar.

as far as no need for a military, that's a foolish thing to think.

That's like saying you have no need for health insurance.  You buy health insurance with the intention of never using it, but you're a fool if you do need it and don't have it.

You don't train a military with the intention of using it, but in the event you ever need one, you're Screwed.

Furthermore, there are people out there who just look for blood.  Do you not think that they will attack the defenseless before they attack a military superpower?

You're blind in your hatred for America.  Purely blind.  You're uneducated.  You speak in generalizations to hide the truth that you only know what you have been told.  You have NO idea how much the Euro is worth in US Dollars.  You probably don't even know what the employment rate measures.  You think that it's a good thing that the government subsidizes the jobless, never thinking that in reality it is subsidizing laziness.

Read a book, my friend.
TheUSkiller
+2|6554|France
me, I 'm not US but I love this country and this people. I believe in USA, his president, his army...
I think that's good to have destroyed saddam hussein

I don't understand people who say " hate america" or f*** america ", they are just jealous.

( I live in France and, believe me, many people dream to destroy america, that's the reality )

ps: forgive me for my bad English
Sydney
2λчиэλ

G3|Genius wrote:

mikkel wrote:

You're blind in your hatred for America.  Purely blind.  You're uneducated.  You speak in generalizations to hide the truth that you only know what you have been told.  You have NO idea how much the Euro is worth in US Dollars.  You probably don't even know what the employment rate measures.  You think that it's a good thing that the government subsidizes the jobless, never thinking that in reality it is subsidizing laziness.
Read a book, my friend.
1 Euro = 1.2774 dollars my friend.
Bush has done one good decision his whole time in office, he's taking away the armed forces from Iceland, now we are hopefully getting 100% neutral and unarmed again.
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
I know that the euro is stronger than the dollar.
I said that.
I'm not dumb.

G3|Genius wrote:

The Euro is, at this point in time, stronger than the dollar.  However, the Euro is based on the dollar.

Last edited by G3|Genius (2006-05-27 12:14:50)

Sydney
2λчиэλ

G3|Genius wrote:

I know that the euro is stronger than the dollar.
I said that.
I'm not dumb.
I was just proving you wrong.
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
I'm not wrong!

read up.
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
that's why I said Euro is worth in dollars, not dollar is worth in euro.  I suppose you could see it as I'm taking it your currency worth in mine, but I meant more of a Stronger currency worth in weakers.

and I was simply saying that because the other guy is ignorant.  He doesn't know one way or another.  He just hates all over America because it's the popular thing to do right now.  That's my real point.

Last edited by G3|Genius (2006-05-27 12:17:29)

Sydney
2λчиэλ
Shall I quote you?

G3|Genius wrote:

You have NO idea how much the Euro is worth in US Dollars]
God I love these threads!

Last edited by PBAsydney (2006-05-27 12:18:22)

TheUSkiller
+2|6554|France
don't be jealous like that man ! u're wrong, that's al
JimKong
+31|6634|Ohio

PBAsydney wrote:

I recently spent a few weeks in Spain. For the most part, I've noticed everything but fish was more expensive than in the US. These German dudes I used to play AoM with always bitched about how expensive it is to drive over there (something crazy like 1-2 thousand for a liscense). Europe has better public transportation (yet more and more are going the American way and buying a car), perks of being in a Union (but some countries still have a caste system), bleh bleh bleh... Everyone thinks their country is better. No one cares. All I'm saying is that I'd like to visit more of the world but I'm pretty damn sure I will always want to call the US my home.
Sydney
2λчиэλ

JimKong wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

I recently spent a few weeks in Spain. For the most part, I've noticed everything but fish was more expensive than in the US. These German dudes I used to play AoM with always bitched about how expensive it is to drive over there (something crazy like 1-2 thousand for a liscense). Europe has better public transportation (yet more and more are going the American way and buying a car), perks of being in a Union (but some countries still have a caste system), bleh bleh bleh... Everyone thinks their country is better. No one cares. All I'm saying is that I'd like to visit more of the world but I'm pretty damn sure I will always want to call the US my home.
For prices I think US is far best, atleast hardware prices, the price range down there is only 1/3 of what it's here.
MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6647
Love America unaplogeticly.  I am 27 years old, stationed in northern Italy with the U.S. AirForce, and can't wait to get back to the states.  I like Italy too, nice place to visit, and not a bad place to live, just very far from home and family.  I do know where Iraq and Afganistan are, mainly because, like Colbert said, the military handed me a full expense paid round trip vacation to Balad, Iraq for about 5 months.  Lots of fun.  I didn't have to join the AirForce, I did because I wanted to, and because I needed a job.  So I joined at age 24 with a wife and two kids.  It's worked so far because my country takes care of us...for the most part.  Of course there's some things about our gov't that I'm not crazy about which in many cases are the same things that make so many people in so many other countries dislike America as a whole.  But the reasons I love my USA...it's service oriented, 24 hour everything.  Anytime of day, any day of the year, you can get what you want or need and it's usually right around the corner.  In Italy and much of Europe, you find nothing 24 hours except some of the gas stations on the Autostradda (highway).  Some stores are closed on Wednesdays, some restraunts closed on Monday, everything is closed from noon till 2pm pretty much everyday for siesta (extended lunch).  It's a tough adjustment to go from one to the other.  Like I said, I still like Italy, and got nothing agaist Europe, but I like America better.  The only thing that really puts a bad taste in my mouth is the treatment or looks or posts that I get from Europeans that don't like America for whatever reason, and therefore don't like me for no reason at all, or have a pre-concieved notion that because I'm American I'm an asshole.  If I let it get to me I wouldn't be able to get through the day without going into a fit of rage, so instead I brush it off and think to myself..."WTF ever."  And to anyone on here that hates me or my country for some indirect, unspecific, or otherwise misconcieved reason, I say the same to you.  You can hate me or my country but it's no different than someone being racist.  Racism stems from ignorance.  It seems so often that people don't know what they're talking about, but they're sure they don't like it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard