Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6777|Moscow, Russia
or one could simply let go of the bullshit and start giving the example by living by modern moral standards that are a lot more honest and humble than those of any religion.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.
https://i.imgur.com/7T3bC8w.jpg

there you go. all you need to know.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England
All you need is love
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6744|Reality

A2TG2 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

There was some literature (academic) about how people coming in from  first world countries to build infrastructure actually made things worse. The argument was that you first depressed the local laborers wages since you were working for free. And you prevented the locals from getting knowledge on how to build their own communities and maintain the stuff built. I am not a 100% sold on that argument.
The book is called " When Helping Hurts ", and yes that can be the case.
Rwanda recognized that over dependance can be an issue and ran off 65% of the NGO groups.

We train people to do the work. We buy locally.
We ask that if we train one person they share they gift with seven.
I'm telling you, The Peace Plan is as perfect a model as exists.
The PEACE Plan is a hopeful response to the five giant problems in the world: Spiritual Emptiness, Self-Serving, Leadership, Poverty, Disease, and Illiteracy.

PEACE is a movement to mobilize Chris-
tians in churches working together to...

Plant churches that promote reconciliation

Equip servant leaders

Assist the poor

Care for the sick

Educate the next generation

http://www.thepeaceplan.com/
I applaud the initiative but just wondering  which brand of xianity? or why xtian churches over other religions? or why religions at all?
You are introducing another way to promote the 'us against them' mentality in a very tribalized area of the world.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|4526|at your six

Stubbee wrote:

A2TG2 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

There was some literature (academic) about how people coming in from  first world countries to build infrastructure actually made things worse. The argument was that you first depressed the local laborers wages since you were working for free. And you prevented the locals from getting knowledge on how to build their own communities and maintain the stuff built. I am not a 100% sold on that argument.
The book is called " When Helping Hurts ", and yes that can be the case.
Rwanda recognized that over dependance can be an issue and ran off 65% of the NGO groups.

We train people to do the work. We buy locally.
We ask that if we train one person they share they gift with seven.
I'm telling you, The Peace Plan is as perfect a model as exists.
The PEACE Plan is a hopeful response to the five giant problems in the world: Spiritual Emptiness, Self-Serving, Leadership, Poverty, Disease, and Illiteracy.

PEACE is a movement to mobilize Chris-
tians in churches working together to...

Plant churches that promote reconciliation

Equip servant leaders

Assist the poor

Care for the sick

Educate the next generation

http://www.thepeaceplan.com/
I applaud the initiative but just wondering  which brand of xianity? or why xtian churches over other religions? or why religions at all?
You are introducing another way to promote the 'us against them' mentality in a very tribalized area of the world.
Thanks, you ignorant wretch.

What we do is PROMOTE interdenominational cooperation. One of the goals is to get the Muslim community ( 5% of the population ) in on the process. We are equipping teams in Rwandas of Rwandans to follow our model of non-judgmental service by going to neighboring countries and doing acts of service. So far, the Muslims don't want to work with us, but we will be there with health and hygiene training and clean water projects when they are ready.

Our God is bigger than the Bible. It is not our place to condemn other people or faiths and if that is what you are intent on doing you have no place on our teams.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6744|Reality
Where did I 'condemn' any religion?

you are mobilizing xians to 'plant churches' and you decry the lack of muslim cooperation. Planting a xian church in muslim lands does not seem like an effective way to promote interdenominational cooperation.

for our edification i asked really easy questions: which brand of xianity are you 'planting'? or why xianity as opposed to some other religions? (thought of another:) do you plant religions other then xianity?

It looks like proselytizing to me but with some noble goals.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|4526|at your six
You are being a disrespectful little twat. Spell it right, or get the fuck out of my face.
5% Muslim population hardly qualifies as being a " Muslim land ".
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6738|Oxferd Ohire
thats obv a m60 in that pic and obv not a m1
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|4526|at your six

RTHKI wrote:

thats obv a m60 in that pic and obv not a m1
\wth?

Are ye talking about FB?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
Why does religion have to be involved, at all, ever, in anything?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|4526|at your six
Churches are scattered throughout rural communities and are already part of a massive social network.
Rwanda is 90% Christian, 5% tribal animist and 5% Muslim.

One of the things that is going on is the establishment of ' savings groups ' wherein 10-15 people will pool funds and then loan them to whomever has the best business plan. These savings groups are overwhelmingly women. So, by doing that we are lifting up and empowering the females. Females generally want peace and prosperity for their  children. The churches provide a gathering place.
A documentary is being made right now which I could post if ya'll are interested.
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|4526|at your six
Story on one of the people I visited in Rwanda.
THIS is what we do. We build people up. We help THEM to be the force of change in THEIR neighborhoods. All we ask in return is a x7 multiplier. We help you, you help seven others.
When I first met Elina Mukantagozera it was at the market in Kibuye. She had a Living Water shirt ( well drilling company ) and I asked to take her picture. She told me in English, " no photographs! " and that was it, until that afternoon when we knocked on her door to do a home visit. She was quite embarrassed at her gruffness. I sat in that couch in the background behind her.

http://rwandaupdate.wordpress.com/2013/ … s/#more-97

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard