M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

The China Rising DLC cover has some H-6 bombers on it. Of course, BF3 had Blackhawks and F15s on its covers so I'd take that with a pinch of salt. Odds of flying one of these are small given their size.

https://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/china/aircraft/h-6_4.jpg
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
or interest
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

I'm sure it will hanging from a string flying a loop around the map

thepilot91 wrote:

we need some 2 seated bombers thats what we need !
This holds three people ...

https://img838.imageshack.us/img838/8582/liberator.png
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

jsnipy wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

yeah but honestly I'd like a "flying harasser" aswell so that you have a somewhat nimble and fast aircraft for 2 people, those (pic.) fat cows have a tailgun for a reason...I'm not fond of it , altho it completely rapes with the big guns .

Last edited by thepilot91 (2013-06-23 14:26:46)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Just had a crack at the Alpha Trial. Obviously a lot of placeholders and so on, and I need to tweak the controls, but it does feel smoother than BF3 in terms of movement. Got a counter icon for a knife attack as well, but didn't press it fast enough. Few little bits around that you can activate too, like bollards blocking a bridge, so I'm looking forward to seeing what other similar pieces they add to the game. Also, kitting out an engineer, it seems you could carry mines and a repair tool and forego the AT launcher altogether.
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

thepilot91 wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

yeah but honestly I'd like a "flying harasser" aswell so that you have a somewhat nimble and fast aircraft for 2 people, those (pic.) fat cows have a tailgun for a reason...I'm not fond of it , altho it completely rapes with the big guns .
cert it with speed airframe, afterburner and use the default gun
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!
but it's still fat , and the fact that is either a not very good attack aircraft or just a playercontrolled "hover bomber" makes it so boring for atleast 1 of the crew at a time (english?)
Roc18
`
+655|5761|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

lipstick on a pig
Roc18
`
+655|5761|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
It's battlefield 3 except it's called battlefield 4.  With more bells and whistles. Just look at the gameplay shit looks exactly like BF3 lol.

Last edited by Roc18 (2013-07-27 12:19:26)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
Could still be better than 3 though.  With 64 players on all platforms they'll no longer have to design two games in one.  No more poorly balanced empty wastelands on the console versions, allowing them to spend more time balancing maps etc.  It'd be pretty hard for them to go backwards after BF3's lackluster results.
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!
TAAAAAAAAAAAAABLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!! WWWWWWWWWWWOOAAAAH!!!!!!!1!

"while you wait for the killscreen to disappear"....in good games you dont hvae to / you can do something meaningful ON THE CONSOLE instead of having to fucking take your phone to utilize the gmae properly...are these people really this retarded ?
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England

Holy shit.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

That looks like a pretty nice map and hot damn, it's not Wake. Nice frontal amphibious assault in broad daylight though, modern military.

Still, waves. I'm always amazed to see them rendered in three-dimensional detail in games. Evercrack II did it and then the industry just seemed to forget about it with very few exceptions (Skyrim coastline, you just aren't sea-like enough...sry).
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada
I haven't really been following BF4 updates until recently. Will it be worth the buy?

I just recently got BF3 (Humble Bundle woo) because I didn't think it was as good as BF2 (I played the BF3 beta).
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

From what little I know, I'm not expecting it to be much different than BF3. I'd imagine that if 3 wasn't your cup of tea, then avoid 4.
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!
this is the first footage that has really made me a bit excited! and the fact that you can actually hear the battlefield theme behind all the fartstep base sends a shiver down my spine, also they have atleast ONE map with some terrain, wich I have really REALLY missed since bf2, NO bc 1&2 did not have it , NO bf2142 did not have it , and NOO bf3 did NOT have it, hopefully we'll see some more of that in the actual game , now I just have to wait for the beta to decide whether or not to preorder

holding my thumbs for probably the last time.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

That looks fucking awesome.

Someone had trouble parking their boat too.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6297|Australia
Looks pretty awesome, but then again, I thought BF3 looked pretty awesome before it's release too.
From what I've seen, it looks like it's an improvement on BF3. I haven't pre-ordered and won't, at least not until I've had a crack at the beta.
Also, the premium video:

In the 'second assault' part, I think that alongside Firestorm and Caspian Border, Oman and Karkand will be part of the BF3 maps remade. Not that I'm complaining - hell, I'd rather they made all 4 maps from BF2 - but it seems a bit strange nonetheless.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

There was another trailer in a vid from Gamescom, but the Youtube recording was quite poor quality. It showed a few different maps and the destruction. Pretty sure one of them was a dam coming down with the water flooding out.

Oh, here it is.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Goldeneye at 1:12

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2013-08-21 10:44:17)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
Probably best to wait till BF2144 comes out before touching this.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

From what little I know, I'm not expecting it to be much different than BF3. I'd imagine that if 3 wasn't your cup of tea, then avoid 4.
I'm enjoying 3 right now, though it isn't as memorable as BF2 was. Maybe I'll see if I can get it cheaper at EA once it's out..
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

gimmicks
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
Gustavsson confirmed a "Test Range" where you can test guns and vehicles before going multiplayer.
Very nice!

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

In the 'second assault' part, I think that alongside Firestorm and Caspian Border, Oman and Karkand will be part of the BF3 maps remade.
Close.

Operation Firestorm - http://i.imgur.com/VNoXqC9.png
Caspian Border - http://i.imgur.com/jbFjmcj.png
Gulf of Oman - http://i.imgur.com/YyRIyKL.png
Operation Metro - http://i.imgur.com/WLBl7pM.png

It seems the Levolution events on Firestorm is that oil refinery at C exploding and for Caspian it's the big chimney collapsing.
I wonder what it'll be on Oman and especially Metro.
The construction site building or the hotel collapsing on Oman would be obvious.
Perhaps a derailing subway train for Metro.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Does Operation Metro make your soldier look fabulous?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard