_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6686|Riva, MD
Looking to drive my 600 ohm Beyerdynamic DT880s better since I got an income now.  It needs to go through optical from the sound card, and I'd prefer to keep it around $100 or less but I'm not sure how much these usually cost and I really don't know much about them at all.
sahana
Banned
+0|3872
Nice post.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
lol
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

_j5689_ wrote:

Looking to drive my 600 ohm Beyerdynamic DT880s better since I got an income now.  It needs to go through optical from the sound card, and I'd prefer to keep it around $100 or less but I'm not sure how much these usually cost and I really don't know much about them at all.
Run a search on AV receivers for around or under $100.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

A few months late there. Why buy a sound card anyway? Do they make a big enough of a difference that the onboard one isn't good enough?
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6118|'straya

Macbeth wrote:

A few months late there. Why buy a sound card anyway? Do they make a big enough of a difference that the onboard one isn't good enough?
With a good set of headphones (such as his DT880s) yes a good amp/dac/sound card will make a significant difference.

If you're like 90% of people and running <$50 logitech speakers and/or a gaming headset it's not so much of an issue.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I pretty much fire and forget with HDMI audio where PC sound is concerned. I have a completely different setup for my Korg workstation, though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard