Cisse
+63|4339
Not been hyped for a game this much for a long time

I sense i wont be dissapointed
pooppooppooppoophttps://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/Samtheman53/Sigs/6z8doqc.gif
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

No, I still don't get it why you think that. Does putting my books away somewhere other than vertical desk stacks mean I've got OCD? Didn't think so. Also, it really bugged me that George Zimmerman felt like he had to go play tough guy with a gun at his hip. Do you think that is unusual? In Minecraft I like to make my places look like someone hasn't taken a dirt-stained cobble dump all over the floor, and put all my chests in safe, easy-access spots so I spend less time looking for gear. That's not OCD, that's playing the game. Even if someone wants to build a giant hopper matrix to automatically sort every item they dump into it into a network of 5 gajillion boxes, I'm not going to call them OCD for it. They're playing Minecraft and each person has his own style. Or are you talking about the torches I layed around? Yeah, not wanting dark spots for creepers to spawn on the surface: OCD. lol...
Your responses alone kind of add to my point! lol.

Anyway, GTAV definitely looks like a return to everything that made SA all kinds of great
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Cisse wrote:

Not been hyped for a game this much for a long time

I sense i wont be dissapointed
Yeah I'm going to hang onto my high hopes for GTA 5 as well. And the Sep 17 release should give me more than enough time to mostly finish the Aug 20 release of Saints Row 4 first. This is going to be the autumn of strange car physics for me.

bennisboy wrote:

Your responses alone kind of add to my point! lol.
Yeah...no. Doesn't even take a minute to post those. Whatever point you're trying to make is pretty weak.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

bennisboy wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

This game looks real good and I'm excited for it, but holy shit GTA4 was just awful and look at all the hype that was behind that
wrong, it was good, but different to what GTA usually was
Right and wrong. You are right that opinions on games are entirely objective. But you are wrong in that you think GTAIV is good.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

The GTA series is mostly bad anyway. The premise behind the games is tired.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
Wrong
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland

jord wrote:

Wrong
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

bennisboy wrote:

jord wrote:

Wrong
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

GTA has always been a game that bundles a bunch of stuff that doesn't always work right or as well as other games and added in some "edgy" content and a semi-open world. The driving, shooting, minigames etc. can all be found in other places that do it better. The edgy content and running people over stopped being interesting awhile ago.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I'm always up for companies trying to make improvements on the sandbox city genre. I only wish Red Faction 3 had put a bit more into it.
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland

Macbeth wrote:

GTA has always been a game that bundles a bunch of stuff that doesn't always work right or as well as other games and added in some "edgy" content and a semi-open world. The driving, shooting, minigames etc. can all be found in other places that do it better. The edgy content and running people over stopped being interesting awhile ago.
But in each of those games, you can only do one of those activities. The best bit of GTA is the amalgamation of pretty much everything in to one awesome game
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
bowling is not fun in gta4
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

RTHKI wrote:

Tap. Tap. Tap. Throw. Repeat for perfect game.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

bennisboy wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

But in each of those games, you can only do one of those activities. The best bit of GTA is the amalgamation of pretty much everything in to one awesome game
But you at least agree the gimmick (edgy open world) is mostly dead?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

They're not going to die anytime soon, Macbeth. Been around since the 80's.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

So is punk music but we all grew up out of it eventually.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I remember 3d games being called gimmicky. Doom? Bah, that'll never catch on.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

I'm not arguing against open world games. My issue is with the so called edgy side of GTA. It is no longer interesting.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
Edginess is a major selling point of almost anything these days it seems.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
If you can't set it to not have to switch between people mid game, im not getting it.
jord

Macbeth wrote:

I'm not arguing against open world games. My issue is with the so called edgy side of GTA. It is no longer interesting.
You're gonna have to elaborate on what you're trying to say. What's edgy about it? It's not trying to be anything other than it has been since it started. Honestly recent games have been shit, I'm not buying another battlefield game, most console games don't interest me. This year is GTA5 and Rome 2 total war, after that I doubt i will even bother gaming anymore. GTA is story driven but the amount of side missions/freeroam and fun to be had in multiplayer adds massively to the longevity.
jord
ur edgy f4gg0t
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

Tap. Tap. Tap. Throw. Repeat for perfect game.
"eh COUSIN! ..."
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

_j5689_ wrote:

Edginess is a major selling point of almost anything these days it seems.
specops the line
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland

jord wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

You're gonna have to elaborate on what you're trying to say. What's edgy about it? It's not trying to be anything other than it has been since it started. Honestly recent games have been shit, I'm not buying another battlefield game, most console games don't interest me. This year is GTA5 and Rome 2 total war, after that I doubt i will even bother gaming anymore. GTA is story driven but the amount of side missions/freeroam and fun to be had in multiplayer adds massively to the longevity.
I wouldn't say they try to be edgy really. It obviously has to have some edgy stuff in it, because it is a game about crime. Without guns, swearing and violence, it wouldn't be a very good crime game. The rest of it goes together with developing the stories and atmosphere. I don't think they crowbar any material in just to be edgy (unlike saints row)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard