Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Next Gen will probably get a special edition.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
damnit. well it will probably come anyway but just later.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

This game looks real good and I'm excited for it, but holy shit GTA4 was just awful and look at all the hype that was behind that
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland

mtb0minime wrote:

This game looks real good and I'm excited for it, but holy shit GTA4 was just awful and look at all the hype that was behind that
wrong, it was good, but different to what GTA usually was
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I'd enjoy GTA4 a lot more if it didn't pretend to give you options but still herd you down a narrow corridor of storytelling. The sandbox is a lie, unless all you want to do is drive in circles. I can tell it wanted to be a movie and resents being a game instead. It's like a pre-op transsexual.
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I'd enjoy GTA4 a lot more if it didn't pretend to give you options but still herd you down a narrow corridor of storytelling. The sandbox is a lie, unless all you want to do is drive in circles. I can tell it wanted to be a movie and resents being a game instead. It's like a pre-op transsexual.
not a personal attack, but a genuine question... do you have OCD? You come out with some really weird complaints (not specifically this one, but in general)
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
Everyone suspects Aspergers of him but nobody knows for sure
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

What's OCD or Aspergers about being irked about a game pulling you down a narrow story arc when it tries to use smoke and mirrors to convince you it isn't. The only difference between GTA4 and a Call of Duty campaign is GTA gives you bullshit to do before it flushes you down the next pipe. The first decision you have to make is save Roman or skip out on a date with a woman you knew for like a 45 second drive. Slow down, game, you haven't even established her as an interesting character! But no matter what you choose, it doesn't really affect the story.

But fuck if I can criticize a game here, I guess.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

bennisboy wrote:

not a personal attack, but a genuine question... do you have OCD? You come out with some really weird complaints (not specifically this one, but in general)
Can you name an example other than my title sequence complaint, because that's pretty common of movie and game collectors. I mean, how often were the Matrix sequels mocked for their names? But to answer your genuine question, no. Neither that nor OCPD. Disorder doesn't tear me apart, but neither does making fun of it.

e: are you referring to edits? if there's something I want to add, I edit it in if I don't want to make a new post. sue me.
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

Can you name an example other than my title sequence complaint, because that's pretty common of movie and game collectors. I mean, how often were the Matrix sequels mocked for their names? But to answer your genuine question, no. Neither that nor OCPD. Disorder doesn't tear me apart, but neither does making fun of it.

e: are you referring to edits? if there's something I want to add, I edit it in if I don't want to make a new post. sue me.
Pretty much every complaint you make comes across as a bit weird, like getting stuck up on stuff that is usually minor.

Like I said, it wasn't an attempted insult, just a genuine question to try to put some context on what I usually see from you.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

See, I don't really get where you're coming from, and you aren't providing any specifics. Are you saying that someone who expresses an opinion that you don't share is OCD? I think Skyrim's combat system is still a bit stiff.  Doom 3's monster packs were too small. Duke Nukem Forever took too long to make. TF2 went from being corny to ridiculous. CoD4 had the last multiplayer I truly enjoyed from the franchise. Plants vs Zombies 2 shouldn't have been an Apple exclusive. Steam should function better after nearly a decade of public development. Origin is a pain in the ass. Games for Windows Live is worse. When Uplay came along, I lacked the energy to even care. It's still weird to see Vanilla Ice make up a song about mutant turtles "on the fly" in a movie. Prometheus propelled itself along on incomprehensible character decisions. Oh no, OCD oozing out of these complaints.

I know it's not a personal attack. I'm just trying to figure it out, and you're just providing a generalized statement. "Every complaint you make comes across as a bit weird."
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
Wherever I am in the world at release date I will be buying this game and playing it relentlessly. Campaign first of course.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Yeah, it's definitely going to eat some of my gaming time. I'll be splitting it up with Saints Row IV, though.
jord
it's going to eat my life
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

See, I don't really get where you're coming from, and you aren't providing any specifics. Are you saying that someone who expresses an opinion that you don't share is OCD? I think Skyrim's combat system is still a bit stiff.  Doom 3's monster packs were too small. Duke Nukem Forever took too long to make. TF2 went from being corny to ridiculous. CoD4 had the last multiplayer I truly enjoyed from the franchise. Plants vs Zombies 2 shouldn't have been an Apple exclusive. Steam should function better after nearly a decade of public development. Origin is a pain in the ass. Games for Windows Live is worse. When Uplay came along, I lacked the energy to even care. It's still weird to see Vanilla Ice make up a song about mutant turtles "on the fly" in a movie. Prometheus propelled itself along on incomprehensible character decisions. Oh no, OCD oozing out of these complaints.

I know it's not a personal attack. I'm just trying to figure it out, and you're just providing a generalized statement. "Every complaint you make comes across as a bit weird."
Not opinions that I don't agree with (although most of your complaints I don't agree with...), it just seems to be the stuff that really bugs you, wouldn't really matter to most people, and seems to be huge to you.

I'm not gonna provide specifics, because it's not really important enough to go find them, I just know every time I read one of your complaints, they usually strike me as a bit different. But hey, what matters to you, matters to you!

(The other thing that gave me the OCD impression is your approach to minecraft...)
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

No, I still don't get it why you think that. Does putting my books away somewhere other than vertical desk stacks mean I've got OCD? Didn't think so. Also, it really bugged me that George Zimmerman felt like he had to go play tough guy with a gun at his hip. Do you think that is unusual? In Minecraft I like to make my places look like someone hasn't taken a dirt-stained cobble dump all over the floor, and put all my chests in safe, easy-access spots so I spend less time looking for gear. That's not OCD, that's playing the game. Even if someone wants to build a giant hopper matrix to automatically sort every item they dump into it into a network of 5 gajillion boxes, I'm not going to call them OCD for it. They're playing Minecraft and each person has his own style. Or are you talking about the torches I layed around? Yeah, not wanting dark spots for creepers to spawn on the surface: OCD. lol...
jord
It isn't OCD but it's something, and maybe it is mild burgers. Either way you're a mod and as low as the bar is regarding that I ask you keep ontopic and discuss this fabulous game.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Oh, I'm sorry for addressing someone's question related to my complaint about GTA5's predecessor in a thread that wasn't even active until like two days ago. Would you like a tissue?
jord
It's not even connected to GTA5's predecessor at this point. Bennis has misdiagnosed your mild burgers for OCD. That is all that has happened here, friend.

More gta5 talk.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Find something GTA to post. Until then, bite me.
jord
I hope the shooting isn't autoaim with the locking on thing.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

And I hope the story really does branch out more than GTA4's.
jord
It will, along those lines I hope the 3 character switching isn't too contrived.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard