unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Bought a GTX 760 4GB for $320. Reason for it is that a friend was looking for a graphics card, so I can toss him my GTX 560 2.5GB. And I can pull my physx geforce out and likely be better off performance-wise in games that use it. Now all I need is an excuse to go for that 120hz 1ms monitor.
Too bad it's about twice as loud as the GTX 560. May swap for a quieter cooler model.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6688|Riva, MD
I ordered the Das Professional mechanical keyboard with MX Brown keys last night:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008PFDUW2/ref … 25410_item

Can't wait to see how it is
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Really?

I should have taken previous reviewers criticisms to heart, the backspace is horrible and while the keyboard is heavy and seemingly well built the over all feel of the keys is really poor. I was constantly have to re-key something -- really annoying.

Just unplugged and replaced it with a $10 MS keyboard and finally back to work.
I hope yours isn't flawed.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
this forum disagrees with you
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

It's not my opinion. It's a comment from the Amazon page. I haven't used the Das Keyboard, but I've heard similar complaints about them over the years. Sounds like a pretty annoying issue of keys have inconsistent tactile responses. Especially for a hundred bucks.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6688|Riva, MD
Supposedly a few months ago, there were some problems with the QC because they were switching manufacturers, the main issue being mushy long keys like spacebar, enter and backspace.  It seems to be resolved though according to the newer reviews.  Either way, hopefully I get a good one.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6688|Riva, MD
Well, I finally got it, very different feel to it for sure, lol

The spacebar does seem a little bit mushy, nothing to really be completely annoyed with though as long as it doesn't get any worse than it is.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I think it's preferable for a spacebar to make the same noise as smaller keys and no more. It would definitely annoy me though if it felt different being depressed.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Speaking of keyboards, it would be super cool if the media buttons on my keyboard responded to pandora.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6688|Riva, MD

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I think it's preferable for a spacebar to make the same noise as smaller keys and no more. It would definitely annoy me though if it felt different being depressed.
Well, the mushiness actually kind of balances the noise out more since it's quieter to begin with and I kind of finger-slam the spacebar when I type.  Not sure if it's even really all that mushy tbh, I'm pretty used to it already.  Might just be the way the space feels on mechanical keyboards or with brown keys specifically but I'm probably wrong about that.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

You don't have to be a smart ass about it, RTHKI.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6688|Riva, MD
Ordered this volume knob to go with it now since I don't have one anymore and I was so used to it on my G15 already:

http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Technolog … WJYIISJIMI

It can still do volume via the function keys but if I'm trying to change the volume in a game, that's just clumsy, plus the Fn keys don't work if it's plugged into PS/2 like I want it to be.  That knob is programmable to do a bunch of other cool shit too but my primary thing at the moment is just to have a volume knob again

Last edited by _j5689_ (2013-08-10 13:15:48)

Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3931|SL,UT

giving my wife's machine more storage;

https://i.imgur.com/fnbMdS3.jpg

for me (dollar per GB)

https://i.imgur.com/YHQz6pd.jpg
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
jeez. my 500 GB hd that I built win7 on probably 3 years ago still has 350 gb free. amidoinitrite?
Steve-0
+214|3931|SL,UT

my wife's camera eats 18mb every time she hits the button.

maybe i should check for pr0n? either way, she's out shopping and i'm doing pc maintenance.

being certified guarantees doing defrag and virus removal for friends and family . . .
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
https://i.imgur.com/NKjdG0I.jpg
Steve-0
+214|3931|SL,UT

thank the Man jesus for Unstoppable Copier
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England
Samsung galaxy s4 and a Nook HD+

Last edited by Jay (2013-08-18 17:24:05)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
why the nook
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England
On sale and they opened it up to the google play store
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6178
Not today, but within the last year so should update, bought the following.

Yamaha A-S700 amplifier
AE NEO V3 floorstanders.
Sold my DAC and my Orion HCCA 15 subwoofer, the box I was using and my Numark Dimension 4 I used to run it with. Looking at Crown amplification now along with DC Audio 18" Level 4 M2 for the low end work.

Bought an Asus 690 GTX, upgraded to i5 2500k @ 5GHZ, 32GB DDR3, and motherboard and cooling etc to match. Changed case to a Corsair 500R which is awesome.

Lastly I upgraded the monitor to a 27" Asus, and my keyboard to a gigabyte mechanical which I don't like, and a £60 Deathadder BE which doesn't dragshot as well as the free Gigabyte MS6900 mouse did before it. Wish I could still find Intellimouse Opticals (the white and red glow ones).

My system is complete, I have the upgrade bug but nothing is worth upgrading. Intel CPU's arent any faster than the 2500k so....
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6688|Riva, MD

pirana6 wrote:

Family computer must have XP.  7 automatically defrags every Wednesday at 3 A.M. by default
Steve-0
+214|3931|SL,UT

_j5689_ wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

Family computer must have XP.  7 automatically defrags every Wednesday at 3 A.M. by default
it won't defrag if it's not turned on, amirite?
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6295|Graz, Austria

_j5689_ wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

How about you reschedule it then?
Or.. *gasp* turn it off?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

pirana6 wrote:

Pretty much this, preceded by:

1) uninstall redundant/unneeded protection suites, update the ones that remain, set them to automatically update and scan, scan, remove
2) revouninstall or manually remove any unwanted software they missed
3) block malicious websites passively with the hosts file
4) check again to make sure no malware is left standing
5) create a restore disc and a document backup disc because even after 30 years of failing hardware and software, hardly anybody does it
6) hide the restore disc so they don't use it when it's not necessary
7) manually update flash, java, browsers, windows and set to automatic
8) deliver another lecture about downloading smiles that will be forgotten as soon as I leave the room
9) drive home in the dark

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard