deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6510|Connecticut
A few things I did not see mentioned. Maybe because I saw a lot of dumbass answers and started to skim but never the less, here are some things to consider.
#1- simple math, the economy only dictates short term value fluctuation not long term. Think about it, each year the population increases and that will not stop. The earth, however, does not increase with it so just by that math land (property) will increase in value.

#2- you are able to claim the interest you pay on your mortgage on your income taxes. Each year when we file, my wife and I get back around $13,000 on our refund JUST from our taxes we deduct. We put $10k of it in an IRA every year and let em keep growing so that way when our mortgage is on the last 10 years of its life and we are paying more toward principal than interest we will have about $150,000 we can add to our 401k when we retire.

#3- speaking of retirement, start thinking about it. Dont be ignorant little assholes and think everything will just work itself out because it won't. You need to make it happen. So if you dont get your asses in gear you will be on fixed income using almost all of it to pay rent for some shithole appartment eating beefaroni cuz its all you can afford while i drive around in my golf cart smoking premium grass on my way to shuffleboard.

#4- you can do whatever the fuck you want on your own property.

#5- you can do whatever the fuck you want on your own property.
Malloy must go
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|4541|at your six
Take a hundred thousand dollars loan at %5 interest apr and you pay the bank 90k.

As long as I can pay cash or build it myself I'd love to own again. It wasn't fun watching the home I paid 415k go to auction for 173k while the same bank getting billions in bailout said, " sorry, you are too far upside down to rewrite, now that we have totally destroyed your credit you gotta move ".
deeznutz1245
+483|6510|Connecticut

A2TG2 wrote:

Take a hundred thousand dollars loan at %5 interest apr and you pay the bank 90k.

As long as I can pay cash or build it myself I'd love to own again. It wasn't fun watching the home I paid 415k go to auction for 173k while the same bank getting billions in bailout said, " sorry, you are too far upside down to rewrite, now that we have totally destroyed your credit you gotta move ".
Is that why your in Africa? Not trying to be a smartass, I just hopped on this site again about 2 weeks ago from being gone for 5 or so years and its been awhile since weve talked. If my memory serves me correct you used to live in Cali right? I thought you were an artist/fabricator/ jack of trades by profession.
Malloy must go
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5602

He escaped the American economy and became a poet warlord in Africa.

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-08-13 14:36:29)

deeznutz1245
+483|6510|Connecticut

Macbeth wrote:

He escaped the American economy and became a poet warlord in Africa.
Ha! Nobody can escape our blackhole economy. Ask ATG, i bet he would tell us that even the Kenyans are accusing Obama of being American now.
Malloy must go
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|4541|at your six

deeznutz1245 wrote:

A2TG2 wrote:

Is that why your in Africa? Not trying to be a smartass, I just hopped on this site again about 2 weeks ago from being gone for 5 or so years and its been awhile since weve talked. If my memory serves me correct you used to live in Cali right? I thought you were an artist/fabricator/ jack of trades by profession.
I live in San Diego, about 28 miles from Mexico.
The thing about artists as that we are usually starving. I've changed directions and jumped on the green bandwagon and am harvesting rainwater in addition to my artsy stuff. That was why I got asked to go to Rwanda; to help No Thirsty Child develop their rainwater harvesting project. I thought it was harmless enough. I went to the first meeting and announced, " look guys, I don't read the Bible, and I am a counter-culture fan. I'd like to help out if I can ". and they said, sounds good. I was impressed by their lack of judging.

I went to Africa the first time out of...just needing to be a part of something positive and bigger than me. I was pretty down emotionally. I fell in love with Rwanda. I would move there if my wife would follow me.
You get influenced by the people you hang with. So, I felt something stirring in that blackened lump that is my heart. I saw children gathered at the raintanks I had installed and it was like, oh.

This was my life's purpose.

It's easy to get down on yourself when things are going not so well financially. It helps ( my head ) that everybody I know who has a business is f-f-f-fucked right now.
deeznutz1245
+483|6510|Connecticut
Good enough man. We hear "you only live once" come out of peoples mouths a lot but the reality is we live every single damn day if we do it right. Glad to know you and the family are doing well:)
Malloy must go
jsnipy
+3,276|6539|...

A2TG2 wrote:

I fell in love with Rwanda. I would move there if my wife would follow me.
she no likey?
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|4541|at your six
She went in March and loved it too. But, she is more pragmatic than me.
I...feel like we are heading for our own Rwandan style bloodbath here and I don't really want to be around for that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard