pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
There's an article in Outside about these kids that sell all their shit and buy a boat and sail around and do nothing for a couple years. Basically leave California and sail to the south pacific (through French Poly toward New Zealand). They lounge about for weeks at a time just snorkeling, freediving, and swimming. They trade stuff they buy for food and leave or stay on mere whims.

My fantasy that I can't grow a pair big enough to do
(though I'd go through the Canal and do the same in the Caribbean, but 6 in 1)
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
Sounds like an alternative to backpacking through Europe on a gap year.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.

DesertFox- wrote:

Sounds like an alternative to backpacking through Europe on a gap year.
Essentially but a little more "adult" in my eyes. and while i've seen yurop and it would be awesome to backpack through, this sounds like way more of an adventure to me.

also i think ive passed the stage of getting wasted and coming back to the hostel. i don't mind stayin in hostels but that whole "oh em teh jeez, i is PARTAYING for a year!" life is behind me.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.

Macbeth wrote:

i was going to use my calculator to figure out exactly how much 23 X 800 is but I can't find it cause I am on Windows 8.
no typing WIN + R
no going to start button
no run boxes

at start screen just type "C A L C"

it will bring up a run box with the calculator ready. press enter.

boom. you done got windows eighted
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
went clam digging when i was up in the islands this weekend. came back and made clam and corn chowder but the clams were too big and not all that tasty
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5007|Massachusetts, USA
Should have dug for bearded clams. Sometimes they're the tastiest.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
meh. there's also a fudge factory right near by so instead of wasting time trying to get beaded clams, i just went and helped pack the fudge.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
Some guy left his phone on the train this morning. I contacted his wife and told him to meet me in front of the starbucks in penn. Waited like 45 minutes, missed three trains, and finally said fuck it and dropped it off at lost and found. Douchebags. See if I perform another good deed for a while
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD

pirana6 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

i was going to use my calculator to figure out exactly how much 23 X 800 is but I can't find it cause I am on Windows 8.
no typing WIN + R
no going to start button
no run boxes

>hits win+R

>run window pops up

>wat do

I'm on 8.1 Preview though.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

no typing WIN + R
no going to start button
no run boxes

>hits win+R

>run window pops up

>wat do

'm on 8.1 Preview though.
wtf? DON'T hit win+R

just start typing at the start screen.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Had to call a manufacturer in Oklahoma today. Talked to four different people before I found the right department. All four people had really thick, cringe-worthy Oklahoma accents. Worst half hour of my day.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Did they boast about their ability to gun down deer from a car?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
They all did, yes.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

Had to call a manufacturer in Oklahoma today. Talked to four different people before I found the right department. All four people had really thick, cringe-worthy Oklahoma accents. Worst half hour of my day.
Its like that for me if I have to phone anywhere in America.

Company is turning to shit, the marketing genius has managed to piss off all our major customers and overruled engineering to make some monumental cockups, interesting times ahead.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

Its like that for me if I have to phone anywhere in America.

Company is turning to shit, the marketing genius has managed to piss off all our major customers and overruled engineering to make some monumental cockups, interesting times ahead.
I was just looking for the control points on a heat pump.
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Spending Saturday night doing deductive logic proofs. gah
CC-Marley
+407|6799
I went to get new tires for my 4Runner at Sears auto today. They told me it would take about 2 hours because of the long wait from the tax free weekend. So I went to the mall next door to do some shopping while waiting for a text to tell me they were done. About 3+ hours went by so I walked over to see what was up only to see my truck unmoved from where I left it. Basically my response was "Just give me my fucking keys". Now to see what Sears corporate will do to satisfy a repeat customer who was trying to spend a grand today. Probably nothing......
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

3 hours is a lot but it isn't unusual to get backed up with things at a busy place like Sears.
CC-Marley
+407|6799
They close at 5 on Sunday. It was after 4. There was no way my truck was getting done. 4 tires plus an alignment. From the initial response from the employee it seemed they may have misplaced the work order.  The guy who promised me 2 hours "Because we're making money with you. Most everyone else is here for little stuff." was no where to be found. He could of been bullshitting me though. Not even an apology.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

oh. yeah they fucked up. That is funny that Sears considers tires to be a big job. Dealerships make nothing off of tire sales.

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-08-11 15:35:42)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

CC-Marley wrote:

I went to get new tires for my 4Runner at Sears auto today. They told me it would take about 2 hours because of the long wait from the tax free weekend. So I went to the mall next door to do some shopping while waiting for a text to tell me they were done. About 3+ hours went by so I walked over to see what was up only to see my truck unmoved from where I left it. Basically my response was "Just give me my fucking keys". Now to see what Sears corporate will do to satisfy a repeat customer who was trying to spend a grand today. Probably nothing......
It's been my experience that Sears auto is terribad. But I've seen duds all over the auto maintenance/parts industry.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Yet to find a decent car maintenance place, still haven't got over seeing my Subaru jacked up on the centre diff.

ITS NOT A LIVE FUCKING BACK AXLE YOU FUCKING RETARDS - EVEN IF IT WERE I'D STILL BE FUCKING ANGRY
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

Yet to find a decent car maintenance place, still haven't got over seeing my Subaru jacked up on the centre diff.

ITS NOT A LIVE FUCKING BACK AXLE YOU FUCKING RETARDS - EVEN IF IT WERE I'D STILL BE FUCKING ANGRY
I stick to the dealerships for the most part unless the vehicle's really old.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
encountered a yellow jacket nest
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
I have to poop, but I haven't finished my coffee.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard