Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6722|Toronto, ON

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

seth.

brother of moses, high priest of the levites?
My google radar went off.
Alpha as fuck.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
the first part is my answer. the second is my own question - because i know the answer to the first is right.

literary scholars are encouraged to become as familiar with biblical history as much as they are greek/roman myth. it is the foundation of so much writing and cultural tradition. i spent the first year of my undergraduate working my way from old-english/norse legends, the bible, and greek-roman texts, all the way through the middle-ages and up to the inception of the 17th century. very assiduous history. so yes, suffice to say i know a decent amount about the bible, for a non-religious person. i just used the term "prelapsarian" in a research paper i am writing today. i'm rinsed in it.

(tl;dr: the answer is fucking seth)
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6722|Toronto, ON

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

the first part is my answer. the second is my own question - because i know the answer to the first is right.

literary scholars are encouraged to become as familiar with biblical history as much as they are greek/roman myth. it is the foundation of so much writing and cultural tradition. i spent the first year of my undergraduate working my way from old-english/norse legends, the bible, and greek-roman texts, all the way through the middle-ages and up to the inception of the 17th century. very assiduous history. so yes, suffice to say i know a decent amount about the bible, for a non-religious person. i just used the term "prelapsarian" in a research paper i am writing today. i'm rinsed in it.

(tl;dr: the answer is fucking seth)
From my experience, most non-Christian people know more about the Bible than Christians.

What's your doctorate?
Alpha as fuck.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
i don't have a doctorate, i'm PRS at oxford on a dphil. i'm not specifically sure what my thesis is going to be yet, on account of not having done the 2 years' reading, but it's basically interested in the 'endpoints' of cultural modernism (aesthetic, secular-theological, political etc.) and will involve a lot of wrangling with very bleak absurdist and nihilist texts by the likes of kafka, genet, and beckett. my research (i.e. that which i'm doing now, and what will feed into my dphil when i get funding and begin formally) is also interested in continental philosophy, postmodernism, american fiction (particularly the 'great american novel' tradition, and minimalism/maximalism), and the philosophy of affect. last week i had a paper accepted for publication that is basically on the changing modalities of irony and sincerity, and the wider historical and philosophical importance of their expression in art and culture.

though this isn't very interesting trivia. you can PM me if you really want. i don't wanna barf on about this stuff. people just make stupid comments about 'lol liberal arts'.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6712|London

can i pick a category?
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Dauntless wrote:

can i pick a category?
Please do.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6712|London

Ok the category I would like to pick is fashion
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

This famous Italian fashion designer was found murdered in his home at the age of 50 in 1997.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
hugo boss
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

No.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
Versace
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
marc jacobs
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Jay wrote:

Versace
yes
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
i request a question on space
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
Category is Canadian politics
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
hey, bro, i answered a question correctly a page ago and didn't get my turn. i even had to defend knowing the right answer. you didn't get interrogated on your knowledge of italian fashion. all i got was just a lot of crying from a confused and dyslexic old man. i want a fucking question like i'm OWED.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-28 04:46:27)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

After English and Spanish this is the third most spoken language in the U.S. with 2.8 million speakers.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3930|SL,UT

jive
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

haha. no
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
French?
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6512|Texas - Bigger than France
In Texas we speak country and western

guessing arabic actually
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
canadian
Steve-0
+214|3930|SL,UT

french canadian
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Not Arabic and not French.
Steve-0
+214|3930|SL,UT

hebrew

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard