Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Have you ever bought one? Within the last year? Last month? Why or why not? Personally I think they are a waste of time.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
Within the last 6 months I bought Kerbal Space Program and Guns of Icarus Online, but it seems ridiculous to simply buy a game because it's an independent developer. They can be crappy as well; whoever made it is irrelevant. I bought the games because they seemed like fun but when you're not playing an indie game, you rarely hear people justifying the bugs on account of the developer (unless it's a beta thing).
thepilot91
+64|6206|Ă…land!
for me it's like any other game, will I like it? (trailers/reviews) , do I like what I see ? : download : beta/demo/pirate for free or buy it  , and finally if I like the beta/demo enough to pay for it I do, otherwise I just play pirate, but so far I haven't bought one single indie yet , dunno If Kerbalspaceprogram is one but I might buy it cuz it's just hillarious and I wanna support it.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

yes i've bought a billion of them and played quite a few of the ones i've bought. i usually have a knack for buying the ones that make it big later, e.g. Faster Than Light, Don't Starve, Darkwood (currently still being worked on, but I have a good feeling it's going to be big)
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6601|New Hampshire, USA
Honestly, I've enjoyed indie games way more than big titles lately. Kerbal, FTL, terraia, minecraft, and a handful of others have given me loads of unique and fun gaming over the past couple years that I haven't had with major developers. Oh yeah, not sure if its indie, but planetside 2. Holy crap that game is fun
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3930|SL,UT

Eagle wrote:

minecraft
i like the fact that i can setup a server and run the latest minecraft on it, and go into creative mode at will.

i don't know how 'indie' minecraft is now though . . .
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
Not personally, 'course I haven't bought games lately.

Eagle wrote:

Honestly, I've enjoyed indie games way more than big titles lately. Kerbal, FTL, terraia, minecraft, and a handful of others have given me loads of unique and fun gaming over the past couple years that I haven't had with major developers. Oh yeah, not sure if its indie, but planetside 2. Holy crap that game is fun
Planetside is made by Sony Entertainment, so it isn't.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6601|New Hampshire, USA
Ah yeah, you're right.... Guess that's one big name game I've liked lately then ^_^
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

I approach Indie games like any other games. If it looks like I'd enjoy it I'll buy it. It's pretty rare that I'll see an indie game that I'll buy but it does happen. I bought "Antichamber" during the last Steam sale and I'm really glad I did, it's a very clever puzzle game that was a lot of fun.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Steve-0 wrote:

Eagle wrote:

minecraft
i like the fact that i can setup a server and run the latest minecraft on it, and go into creative mode at will.

i don't know how 'indie' minecraft is now though . . .
Mojang is still an independent developer. Notch just hedged on the term because they're so successful. It think people make the illogical assumption that an indie developer is supposed to not be mainstream or some BS likethat.

I also like the fact that you got mad and banned me from a server I don't play on.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya
I've bought plenty of indie games, but I don't buy them because they're "Indie". If they look good/fun and are reasonably priced then I consider it like I would any other game. I've played some really fun "indie" games. They're usually not the games I sink time into, but are good fun.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3930|SL,UT

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I also like the fact that you got mad and banned me from a server I don't play on.
mods are useless, that's why i only have admins.

look, if you want to keep calling me out, stop saying that i'm the 'butthurt' one. sounds like you got moderated, and didn't agree with the action.

you feel like it was for no reason.

you feel like you didn't do anything.

you keep going on and on and on and on ad nauseum.

we get it. you got banned for no good reason. start behaving like a grown man.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

My god, stop giving me ammunition. I bring it up because you mentioned Minecraft servers, and I find it fantastically hilarious that you'd try to get someone to play on your server, whitelist them and everything and then wave a ban under their nose months (?) later like some sort of gotcha trump card when they've never even played on it. It would be like the AARP calling to tell me they've revoked my membership. In my early 30's. What is there to even be upset about other than if I'd been drinking orange juice, it would have come out my nose.

If I had been playing on it, banning me because of some perceived forum slight would just make you a douche.

e: Also LOL at your second whiny karma sent in so many days. Keep abusing it.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

I like this assertive and aggressive newbie.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6358|New York
I have tons of Indie games. It's nice to try something new out that's out of the box.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
Does starcitizen count? Otherwise no
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
it doesnt
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself